Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 01-06-2017, 10:28 AM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Degrassi

Degrassi Next Class: Episode 303- #WorstGiftEver (1-6 Netflix, 1-11 Ca, TBA Aus)

Rules -

1. No passing judgement or mocking the fans of characters or ships. Do not shame another poster for liking something you do not.
2. Please use constructive criticism. Try to focus on the episode itself. We encourage you to use our anti-threads if you need to express your overall dislike of a character or couple, especially since other boards at do not allow them. Take advantage of them here.
3. Do not ask for or discuss illegal downloads, especially including leaks (if they should occur). This includes links to episodes posted on YouTube and other non official video streaming sites. Discuss any links to download/live stream sources via private messaging.
4. Promos that air on television as well as online articles by reputable sources are not considered spoilers are are open for speculation. For more detailed information on spoilers read this thread.

Degrassi: Next Class- Season 303- Episode - #WorstGiftEver

SEASON 3 of DEGRASSI: NEXT CLASS will premiere January 6th on Netflix worldwide (except Canada, Australia & France),
January 11th on Family Channel in Canada and TBA on ABC3 in Australia.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Screener
Jonah and Grace pitch the Student Council on a play about the Degrassi bus accident. Goldi has questions about what it really means to be Muslim.

Old 01-07-2017, 12:57 AM
Fan Forum Star

Poor Shay, that would be so embarrassing! I feel like all the embarrassing things happen to her. I thought it was sweet that Tiny was trying to help but I mean, come on dude! The whole period discussion seemed a bit amateur for this show but I guess it was a nice message? IDK. The paint on their legs was a bit over the top though.

Esme is such a bitch but its entertaining. I cheered though when Miles told off Esme. Because she was being so rude.

I liked Goldi's storyline a lot, it was cool to see the show touching on this topic. Her questioning whether or not to wear the hijab was really interesting. I wasnt sure why she ran back into the bathroom though after stepping into the hall? No one was looking at her, so why the sudden urge to cover herself? I thought if she had people staring that would make more sense for her to want to cover herself. Either way, its definitely her decision. If she believes she should wear it then she should, and she shouldn't be judged for it. And it was nice to see them talking about there being different kinds of muslims.

Winston continues to be useless to me, why is he even on this show?

Miles looking at photos of Tristan. I still am enjoying the Lola/Tristan friendship. It's clear its going to turn romantic but I can kinda understand it because Miles feels like the only person he can confide in right now is Lola. The ending scene with him yelling at Tristan to wake up and Zoe coming in the room was a great scene!

Being a non-religious person myself it is hard to understand why some religious people follow certain rules, but break others. Or how they can have certain beliefs about people (for example that zoe is a sinner) yet still be friends with them? Its just strange to me and hard for me to understand.
Alexa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2017, 08:30 AM
Dedicated Fan

The paint on the legs was totally over the top. And I´m not sure about the message to just power through the period time. As fas as I now at least some indigenous people even took that time to take a break. But with all the pressure we´re under nowadays taking a break or circadian rhythm isn´t thought about. That also applies to men. I´m not sure, if it´s true but I heard that their rhythm to take a break even is every three weeks.

Goldi´s storyline was great. And to answer your question: I think she felt vulnerable without the hijab. Just imagine walking the school halls in your pyjamas, I guess you wouldn´t feel comfortable as well. Wearing your normal clothes makes you feel save as much as the hijab does for Goldie, just for different reasons.
And I thought it was interesting that she didn´t seem to connect the 'gay people are sinners rule' to Zoe until the others asked her about it. I guess she will have to think about that.

I have to give it to Eric and Ana. They really nailed the scene at Tristan´s bed. I also enjoy the Zoe and Miles interaction. The Miles/Lola interaction seemed less forced than in the first episode and I guess, if Tristan would have died, I´d really would like the thought of those two. But right now, I prefer Miles' friendship with Zoe.
Okun is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply   Post New Thread