Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 06-09-2016, 11:40 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Degrassi

Degrassi Next Class- Episode 210- #OMFG (6-10 Aus, 9-20 Ca, 7-22 Netflix)

Rules -

1. No passing judgement or mocking the fans of characters or ships. Do not shame another poster for liking something you do not.
2. Please use constructive criticism. Try to focus on the episode itself. We encourage you to use our anti-threads if you need to express your overall dislike of a character or couple, especially since other boards at do not allow them. Take advantage of them here.
3. Do not ask for or discuss illegal downloads, especially including leaks (if they should occur). This includes links to episodes posted on YouTube and other non official video streaming sites. Discuss any links to download/live stream sources via private messaging.
4. Promos that air on television as well as online articles by reputable sources are not considered spoilers are are open for speculation. For more detailed information on spoilers read this thread.

Episode 10: #OMFG
June 10th, 8:45 PM AET (Australian Eastern Time) on ABC3 in Australia, and available on July 22nd (streaming) Netflix (worldwide, except Canada, Australia & France).

Quote:
Originally Posted by ABC3
Lola shuts down Shay's request to date Tiny, which leads Shay to act out during their championship game. Zoe's burning intensifies & as Winston begins to second-guess their relationship, she finally gives in to her true self.

Credit to the one and only kaleidocat for the avatar

Last edited by JustMe2000; 09-22-2016 at 03:16 PM
JustMe2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2016, 09:47 AM
Part-Time Fan

Well that was a generally tame finale until the very end. What kind of weirdness was that?

I think everyone will be okay. They couldn't randomly kill off, like, 7 main characters or something. If anyone dies or something, it'll probably be Grace or Tiny, I think.
Astroman129 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2016, 10:38 AM
Extreme Fan

Goddamnit they're going to make us wait until 2017 to find out who lives and dies? Ugh.
Old 06-10-2016, 09:17 PM
Extreme Fan

Okay, back with my season wrap-up. Overall, Next Class was a good effort. I'm surprised how the writers work better when there aren't that many episodes to work with. I think the seniors graduating last season was the breath of fresh air that the show needed especially since the writers only seemed interested in Clare, Drew, and Eli in the end. Next Class had a better mix of characters (though I do think things are still a little "incestuous" in terms of the hook-up/friends flow chart) and the issues presented this season were timely and all handled well.

Maya and Zig - Maya's plot was what I wanted Clare's plot to be, namely her working on her career and doing this without her boyfriend's interference at every turn. I mean Zig was still there, but it seemed like Maya was really focused on this to the point where Zig couldn't handle it. I also liked her feminist plot, I think that's a good message to send to the girls watching the show.

Zig Zig Zig. I was first initially turned off when the first episode descriptions came out and it appeared that Zig was trying to rape Maya and then would later cheat on her but looking back at season 14 and his behavior this season, it's pretty much expected. He puts WAY too much stock into his relationship to the point where he doesn't have much of a life outside it and when Maya DOES have one, his self-esteem takes a hit. I'm upset that it appears he didn't learn much from his cheating but suppose the bus crash will make him think about it more.

I am happy that they gave them the date rape scenario and the cheating storylines, too often the Degrassi Supercouple don't really deal with things of that nature so I like TPTB throwing big challenges their way.

Zoe - Well, her plot was basically Paige's plot in season 5, except Zoe goes all the way lesbian rather than bi. It doesn't feel forced; unless with Paige and Holly J, Zoe hasn't really gained that self-esteem to feel secure about herself. She still feels kind of closed off emotionally to everyone which is probably why what happened with Grace set her off to do that extremely petty move with Zig. I do want them to explore her home life more come season 16, it seemly extremely messy, just like her mother.

Grace - For the past two seasons, she was a peripheral character so I was happy that she was brought to the foreground and then given some depth. It's the standard "I act all gruff and disinterested to keep people away" act with CF thrown in but the writers and Nikki made it work. The only ? I have is her sleeping with Zoe; I don't think the writers should've taken it there, it just seems strange unless Grace said something about being curious about hooking up with a girl. Otherwise, nice to meet you Grace!

Tristan and Miles -

Miles is so much of a better character when he's away from Tristan it's not even funny. Well maybe next season, we don't do have to worry about Tristan anymore! Yay!

Frankie - She didn't really become a huge focus until 15B/S2 until the racism plot...I think she's a perfect character to use for it. Her coming late to Jonah's little benefit for kids earlier that season showcased that while she knows she's rich, that she's completely unaware of her privilege. I was shaking my head all throughout the racism row because she made it worse by making it about her feelings and not just apologizing for her actions. I can only hope the girls watching this season will see themselves and think "like omg am I like toally like that" or however kids these days speak. Her relationship with Jonah is so blah, I expect a new pairing by next season; he didn't really bring out anything new in her...not sure why they could not have kept her with Winston (who was just kinda there this season hanging about.)

Hunter - Wow, a character that the writers give a mental illness but that totally doesn't absolve them of their actions? Four for you writers. Hunter kinda creeped me out since season 13 and I like how the writers just built upon that and then let the actor get loose on the material. Hunter is going to be a heavy-hitter next season...though I wonder if he'll totally escape the consequences for the swatting.

Shiny - I'm guessing Andrea Lewis's criticism struck a cord with the writers; I can't remember a black female character getting this kind of attention since Liberty (Shanice Banton put in that overtime to make Marisol memorable to the point where the writers had to pay attention). And what's better is that while they did throw in storylines where it was about Shay's race, they didn't forget to flesh her out as character and also give her a Love Interest in Tiny. Tiny was good here as well, I hope the actor gets some "meat" next season as well, Richard Walters is too good to waste on just being a side character.

Lola - I love her! She has low self-esteem about her intelligence, but so far it's shown that she's very knowledgeable about social media (and can manipulate it into getting free pizza) and amping up the protest. I really want to see her believe in herself more.

The newbies - Esme left the biggest impression. Chelsea Clark is great, and I'm sure that's the reason why she got the most focus allowing her to make biggest change in the cast dynamics. The other four have actors that aren't the best yet but I think they'll grow into their roles; with Soma and Yael's actors being better than the rest. Poor Baaz though.

Overall, good season. See you guys in 2017!
Old 06-15-2016, 01:33 PM
Fan Forum Hero

so what's happening now?
Old 07-27-2016, 04:21 AM
Dedicated Fan

I like how they keep Hunter likeable and relateable without redeeming him in a minute. He´s not a 100% well just because he´s been in hospital which is realistical and he still has some apologizes to do and take responsibilities in front of court. And as much as I like his relationship with Miles right now, I hope it gets to the point where he´s going to give back some of the support he´s gotten from Miles.
Sidenote: So now we know that Baaz probably is a control freak.

Winston really grew on me. He handled that so well and I hope we´ll get to see him and Zoe as friends. In fact Grace was more likeable in this episode but does she really blame Zoe for pushing her away? Who was the first one to do that in a very hurtful way? I really hope Zoe will unload the crap she has taken from her on her next season. Which IMO would be needed for them to be friends again. And seems like Zoe might be really more afraid of getting her heart broken again than being gay.

I didn´t care for the triangle, maybe because I don´t care for Shiny. It´s just, for me they don´t shine together like Tola did (pun intended).

The bus crash. I´m not sure what to say. Do they like to lean back in their chairs for six month and look at the buzz the internet will be? That said @mods will the S3 speculation thread be up soon?

Last edited by Okun; 07-28-2016 at 12:54 AM
Okun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2016, 10:38 PM
Fan Forum Star

so glad Zoe could admit who she was and I liked the Zoe/Grace scenes.

Glad that Frankie apologized for her actions and finally seemed to understand that the was in the wrong. Glad Shay forgave her and that her friend gave her the go ahead with Tiny.

The bus crash was a bit cliche of an ending but I’m interested to see how that plays out next season.
Old 07-28-2016, 03:18 PM
Master Fan

I'm so worried I don't want anyone to die

EdwardღBella l RonღHermione l SpikeღBuffy l BrandonღKelly l DylanღBrenda l
Lauren James is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2016, 05:17 AM
Part-Time Fan

I think the crash was basically a convenient way to write off characters for the actors that are either renewing their contracts or not.
They made it seem really dramatic at the end.. but, the fact that we didn't actually see the crash happen or even see them riding on it made it kinda hard to feel shocked about it.