Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 06-08-2016, 10:01 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Degrassi

Degrassi Next Class- Episode 209- #TheseAreMyConfessions (6-9 Aus, 9-13 Ca, 7-22 Netflix)

Rules -

1. No passing judgement or mocking the fans of characters or ships. Do not shame another poster for liking something you do not.
2. Please use constructive criticism. Try to focus on the episode itself. We encourage you to use our anti-threads if you need to express your overall dislike of a character or couple, especially since other boards at do not allow them. Take advantage of them here.
3. Do not ask for or discuss illegal downloads, especially including leaks (if they should occur). This includes links to episodes posted on YouTube and other non official video streaming sites. Discuss any links to download/live stream sources via private messaging.
4. Promos that air on television as well as online articles by reputable sources are not considered spoilers are are open for speculation. For more detailed information on spoilers read this thread.

Episode 7: #TheseAreMyConfessions
June 9th, 8:45 PM AET (Australian Eastern Time) on ABC3 in Australia, and available on July 22nd (streaming) on Netflix (worldwide, except Canada, Australia & France).

Quote:
Originally Posted by ABC3
-Grace confesses to having feelings for Zig during a party in the woods. To win Volleyball City Finals, Shay realises that they need Frankie, but wonders if she can forgive her. (ABC3)

Last edited by JustMe2000; 09-22-2016 at 02:58 PM
kaleidocat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2016, 11:14 PM
Extreme Fan

I think this was what the hashtag was in reference to :

Old 06-09-2016, 02:49 PM
Part-Time Fan

Not too bad, I was kinda frustrated because the description made it seem so relationship-focused but it really wasn't.

The Grace plot actually reminded me a lot of Emma's eating disorder plot from season 5. There were a lot of similarities, such as "liking" the guy that hurt your best friend and yelling at your best friend in some sort of inebriated state, only to subsequently pass out and end up in a hospital to reunite with your best friend, who is only concerned for your health.

Zoe is a good friend, as is Maya. Hopefully they all become friends again because I really liked the Zoe-Grace friendship.

The Yael plot was interesting because it seems like she really has poor self-esteem. I'd love a friendship between her and Frankie, and it looks like the show might head in that direction.

As for the Shay plot, I would like her to have something with more substance, but maybe we'll get that soon.
Astroman129 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2016, 09:36 AM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Degrassi

I'm almost at the point where I don't want the show to do sports plots anymore given the way they ignore the importance (and the power) of coaches. But, hey at least the volleyball team practices in their uniforms.

And while I was glad to see Frankie finally apologize, I'm not sure they did a good job of having her explain why the prank was racist.

I agree that Yael doesn't have much self esteem and that's something they can continue to explore with her character moving forward. The final conversation and scene between her and Hunter was very sweet.

I'm glad they finally addressed Grace's CF, and the fact that her friends didn't know about it. I wish we had scene a little more with Maya and her during the early parts of the episode, but the final payoff was a strong one. Hopefully, Zig and Tiny aren't left in the dark.

Credit to the one and only kaleidocat for the avatar
JustMe2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2016, 12:17 AM
Dedicated Fan

It´s a pity but I don´t feel like seeing Grace right now cause with every scene I´m afraid she´ll get more unlikeable for me and before that happens to a charachter I really liked I´d rather not see her at all. The sad thing is, they could have done the very same storyline with another crush but Zig and she wouldn´t have lost my sympathy. And added to that - now we have the situation where she seems to be forgiven because of her illness.
When I saw all those feelings in Zoe´s face when she was worried about Grace I kinda was really sad because I thought, the Grace you liked is gone anyway.

I´m not that fond of Yael so far but the scene with Hunter was sweet and I ask myself if the low self esteem has something to do with the wig she´s wearing.

I can´t really warm up to Shay. Maybe because her most obvious trait is ambition which I can´t relate to. Other from that I have to agree that she hasn´t much substance. If it wasn´t for the worried phone call when Frankie run away I´d even insinuate that she only got Frankie back to win the game.

Last edited by Okun; 07-27-2016 at 03:10 AM
Okun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2016, 10:34 PM
Fan Forum Star

I like the Shay/Tiny thing, I think they fit much better together.

Dont care about hunter. :/

Grace/Zig as friends, great, more than that? No thank you. I was glad they brought back the CF plot too.

I did really like the short Zoe/Grace interaction too.
Alexa is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply   Post New Thread