Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 05-31-2016, 07:20 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Degrassi

Degrassi Next Class: Episode 203- #CheckYourPrivilege (6-1 Aus, 8-2 Ca, 7-22 Netflix)

Rules -

1. No passing judgement or mocking the fans of characters or ships. Do not shame another poster for liking something you do not.
2. Please use constructive criticism. Try to focus on the episode itself. We encourage you to use our anti-threads if you need to express your overall dislike of a character or couple, especially since other boards at do not allow them. Take advantage of them here.
3. Do not ask for or discuss illegal downloads, especially including leaks (if they should occur). This includes links to episodes posted on YouTube and other non official video streaming sites. Discuss any links to download/live stream sources via private messaging.
4. Promos that air on television as well as online articles by reputable sources are not considered spoilers are are open for speculation. For more detailed information on spoilers read this thread.

Degrassi: Next Class- Season 2- Episode 3- #CheckYourPrivilege

June 1st, 8:37 PM AET (Australian Eastern Time) on ABC3 in Australia, and available on July 22nd (streaming) on Netflix (worldwide, except Canada, Australia & France).

Quote:
Originally Posted by ABC3
Frankie organises a diversity mixer to fix things with Northern Tech. Tristan is worried about pressuring Miles and straining their relationship. Yael's app goes viral, & she has to choose between her integrity & her success.

Credit to the one and only kaleidocat for the avatar

Last edited by kaleidocat; 08-02-2016 at 12:36 PM
JustMe2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2016, 12:46 PM
Part-Time Fan

This episode was interesting enough. I do think it's kinda strange that the same girl on the other volleyball team is the only one actually talking.

I'm also glad they're giving the newbies more plots. The Yael one was pretty cool.
Astroman129 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2016, 06:24 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Degrassi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astroman129 (View Post)
This episode was interesting enough. I do think it's kinda strange that the same girl on the other volleyball team is the only one actually talking.
Small Canadian show, I guess they can only afford to pay one speaking role in the story line, but yeah, I wouldn't mind seeing someone else, or perhaps even a parent or other adult from that school. The lack of adult involvement from a Degrassi school (and parent, in Frankie's case) related standpoint has been a sticking point throughout this whole story line. I do like the way they've consistently showed how Frankie just doesn't seem to get it. At all.

I loved the story line with Yael. That was classic old school Degrassi stuff, built around a school assignment with the stakes (sorry, Baaz) not all that serious. It also gave us a chance to see more with Hunter, but also giving us a little break from that very intense story line.

BTW, I'd probably used the app that Baaz and Vijay came up with.

Credit to the one and only kaleidocat for the avatar
JustMe2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2016, 02:17 PM
Dedicated Fan

I don´t use apps so the Yael storyline wasn´t that interesting for me. I only liked her scenes with Hunter and that in the end she stayed true to what she believes is important.

Well, Frankie´s storyline... I already wrote a lot in the 202 thread so I keep it short here. Okay, she isn´t good at apologizing and running out to an appointment in the middle of it doesn´t make it better. But when the girl of the other team said that Frankie doesn´t know how it feels to have this banner hang in front of the school... well, none of them asked how Frankie felt about being naked in front of the school.
A grown up stepping in, punishing both teams for the pranks, make both apologize and most importantly make them sit down with a grown up and talk would be most appreciated by me.

The Tristan/Miles plot felt a bit awkward but I guess it was meant to be like that. But I´m looking forward to them even though they still have to learn to talk to each other more openly. BTW not sure if I got it right, did Miles leave the baby to Tristan because he was afraid of how to handle the relationship or was it one of his old behaviour traits?
Okun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2016, 07:00 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Degrassi

Degrassi has the reputation of Lakehurst. This is interesting! I wonder if this could spread outside the volleyball team. Now instead of laughing at the "Zoo," the rival schools laugh at them and so and so can't get a date. As a long time viewer I almost feel this guilt by associate. It's a fresh set up by TPTB. I'm liking how this progresses.

Remember when Mr. Hollingsworth wanted Frankie to take the fall for the Degrassi Nudes scandal and he had one of his people prepare an apology for her to recite? I understand that decision now.

It isn't that she doesn't care. I think she does. She's trying and she's stressing. Her peers don't see her going around asking for advice (I love how many characters are getting involved!) but we do. I'm hoping it is more than simply caring about making the problem go away so she can play volleyball. But there is this awful feeling building.

Nice to have a storyline involving a school assignment. And it is so tech savvy! I thought Yael's app was thoughtful after what happened with Hunter. For a moment I thought I saw him back in class and was like uh oh, he's going to be pissed. No, he's alright with it. But he certainly is not okay with someone dating Yael. Red flag raised at his passionate tone. I hope we don't see possessive behavior from in the future.

So did Ms. Grell see the "secret" on the app about her having an affair? I thought that was going to get the app shut down. Just a red herring or something that could come up later?

But I thought Tristan told miles to play basketball?!
Old 07-27-2016, 10:21 PM
Fan Forum Star

I think Frankie had good intentions trying to apologize but some of the things she said were definitely crossing the line… I dont think realizes the extent of her actions but I don’t think she deserves to be totally dragged by everyone in the fandom and by the other cheerleaders. I think everyone was just angry with her and never tried to sit her down and have a real conversation with her about things.

Miles was being an idiot with the fake baby, he needs to take some responsibility and do half the work. Selfishly it was fun seeing them as “dads” though. haha.
Alexa is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply   Post New Thread