Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 09-29-2019, 08:09 AM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Degrassi

Yeah, I think it will eventually comeback, although I have this fear that it will be like another Riverdale, but we'll see. Hopefully.

Stefan bid on and actually won Snake's fake diploma. If you look closely you'll see that he graduated from University in 1985. Or just before he entered Degrassi Junior High.

Credit to the one and only kaleidocat for the avatar
JustMe2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2019, 09:10 AM
Part-Time Fan

Why am I always late to these things?

I was a week late to the Sense8 auction and there was this one outfit that I would have totally bid on if I knew about it & it sold for a cheap price.
& I'd have totally bid on something from this auction.

Anyway, it's sad to see everything go.
Old 10-01-2019, 12:13 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
"We sold this building last summer and the current contents auction is not being held by DHX Media (now known as WildBrain)," WildBrain spokesperson Shaun Smith told Teen Vogue in an email. "Degrassi is a beloved cultural phenomenon that has lasted over 40 years and has had many iterations. Degrassi’s future is not dependent on owning a building. We remain committed to the brand and look forward to updating fans on Degrassi’s future in due course."
That quote is all I needed. The Riverdale fears are justified, Degrassi has always borrowed from contemporary teen culture based on what's happening around it (season 9 Declan and Fiona being reminiscent of Gossip Girl characters and season 10 Eli and Clare being like Bella/Edward from Twilight) but I hope they remember that at it's core, Degrassi is supposed to be an educational experience.
Old 10-01-2019, 05:08 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Degrassi

I was thinking about how Pluto TV would be perfect for a Degrassi channel! I am a happy fan right now.
Old 10-01-2019, 10:33 PM
Extreme Fan

Beat me to posting this. Pluto TV is actually nice for a free streaming app, lot of interesting TV on and it works for background noise well.
Old 11-19-2019, 01:34 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Degrassi

Degrassi: Time Stands Still – A 15 Year Retrospective

Quote:
For the 15th anniversary of “Time Stands Still,” I spoke to Brendon Yorke, co-writer (BY); Stefan Scaini, director (SS); Daniel Clark, Sean Cameron (DC); and Ephraim Ellis, Rick Murray (EE), to reminisce on their memories creating the episode and their thoughts looking back at it all these years later.
This looks like a lengthy article. Thanks Ephraim for being the first to alert me.
And of course conventionalrelations for the interview.

Old 01-22-2020, 05:37 PM
Extreme Fan

Not sure where to post this but PlutoTV has been skipping over Bitter Sweet Symphony part 1 in their stream.
Old 01-22-2020, 10:14 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Degrassi

Hmm....I wonder why? Is there really anything objectionable in that episode?

Old 01-23-2020, 12:00 AM
Extreme Fan

There's nothing, which even makes it odder that Bitter Sweet Symphony Part 2, the episode where we KNOW Cam committed suicide air likes normal. I thought it was a mistake, but there did it twice.

Haven't caught the stream to see if AWH gets skipped at all but will definitely be on the lookout.
Old 01-24-2020, 10:08 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Degrassi

Sad news to pass along as Kit Hood, who co-created Degrassi Junior High with Linda, has passed away. He died suddenly at his home on Monday.

Quote:
In a statement, Schuyler says Hood had a “trademark impish charm, and a kid’s-eye view” and never let “the camera look down on” their young protagonists.

“Kit’s intimate and respectful style of directing, small of scale and richly layered, was integral to the success of the series through*Degrassi Junior Highand*Degrassi High,” Schuyler said.

“To this day, his style is deeply imbedded in ‘Degrassi’s DNA. My love and support goes to his whole family. Kit’s devotion to his family was always steadfast and strong.”
Pat:

Old 01-25-2020, 10:27 AM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Degrassi

Quote:
“He was one of the few mentors I had growing up, and so I appreciated him taking the time for me,” Mistysyn said Friday in a phone interview, noting that she and other cast members felt lucky to have reconnected with Hood in recent years after not seeing him for a long time.

“He was kind of like a second dad in a way, but one that you feel kind of estranged from.”
'Degrassi' Co-Creator Kit Hood Dead; Fans And Series Stars Pay Tribute
CBC.ca: Kit Hood, co-creator of Degrassi TV series, dies
Old 05-17-2020, 05:52 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Degrassi

I guess it is that time...

‘Degrassi: The Next Generation’ OGs: Where Are They Now?

And this is newsworthy with Instagram likes over a million, if you need to put your life in perspective.

Drake’s Unrecognizable In Decade-Old‘Degrassi’ Throwback Insta — See Before& After Pics

He's unrecognizable because he dug up an old screen cap. The quality haunts me. I bet TeenNick has quality **** in the vault. Someone does.
Old 12-06-2020, 08:32 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Degrassi

The Degrassi YouTube account put up a video featuring the first and last lines for various characters. I'm not even sure Jenna says anything in her "last line" scene.

Old 12-13-2020, 05:13 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Degrassi

One virtual meet and greet already happened - Natty Zavitz (Bruce) and Raymond Ablack (Sav) did a launch party for Acquainted on the 11th.
And another is promised for Monday-ish. This one is with...

Old 02-18-2021, 01:08 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Degrassi

Our friend Erin gives us a little update on where things stand in the Degrassi world almost five years! after the last episode of Next Class was filmed. I completely agree with her on this point.

Quote:
In the meantime, we continue to wait for any sort of official news. Personally, I strongly believe that Degrassi will come back one day. The questions are more when will it happen, who will be involved, where will it be filmed, and what network/platform will they partner with. Until we get answers to these questions, all we can do is continue to share our love for Degrassi on social media and remind Wild Brain of our continued commitment to this special TV franchise.

Degrassi Online // Your #1 Degrassi News & Media Source! — Degrassi Status Update – February 2021

And this led one of our other friends Kary to post this little goody, which includes some familiar names.

Reply   Post New Thread