Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 10-19-2009, 07:09 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Degrassi

Dave Turner/Jahmil French#1: He's your future Class 9 Rep. This, of course, means one word. Toga!!!

I think he's probably my favorite of the new characters.

Credit to the one and only kaleidocat for the avatar
JustMe2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2009, 09:12 PM
Absolute Fan

Hahaha. I think he's hilarious. I love him so far.
LidelKewte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009, 04:19 PM
Master Fan

I love him! He's for sure my favorite of the new kids and I think he may end up being one of my overall favorites. I think the show really needed a lighthearted character like him. I love his interactions with everyone. I think he and KC will end up being good friends and I ship him with all the Niner girls. He even makes Chantay likable. Major kudos for that.

Plus, and I know I've said this a thousand times already, but Jahmil is a really good actor. So I'm hoping we'll see some storyline in the future that allow him to show off his talent.

Last edited by Nekoshoujo; 10-20-2009 at 04:25 PM
Nekoshoujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2009, 09:56 AM
Part-Time Fan

I like Dave too. Where it looks to me that they are making this group of 9ers similar to older cast members. Like Clair and Ali are like Emma and Manny, and KC is like Shawn. Dave is like Joey Jeremiah from the original series, even the scene where Bruce is chasing him and his face is pushed up against the glass window is just like when Joeys is in the original series.
jimbo jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2009, 02:43 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbo jones (View Post)
I like Dave too. Where it looks to me that they are making this group of 9ers similar to older cast members. Like Clair and Ali are like Emma and Manny, and KC is like Shawn. Dave is like Joey Jeremiah from the original series, even the scene where Bruce is chasing him and his face is pushed up against the glass window is just like when Joeys is in the original series.
Although they are not exact there are definite similarites:

Alli-Manny
Clare-Emma/Liberty
Connor-Toby
KC-Sean
Dave-JT
Jenna-?:p
Old 10-22-2009, 07:27 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by npdargy312 (View Post)
Although they are not exact there are definite similarites:

Alli-Manny
Clare-Emma/Liberty
Connor-Toby
KC-Sean
Dave-JT
Jenna-?:p
I think they originally might have planned to have Clare in an Emma role and KC in a JT role, but ended up shifting Clare to more of a Liberty role and KC to a Sean role. I can see Jenna as having a Emma-type role. Out of all of them Clare seems the most original to me.
Old 10-22-2009, 08:58 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Degrassi

I still think Clare is more like Emma than Liberty at this point, although she does have her own distinct personality. I think they all do.

Old 10-23-2009, 03:37 PM
Master Fan

Hopefully, Dave will get fair coverage. I mean Bruce, Chantay, Leia, and Blue don't do jack squat and they're in the credits.

Anywho, I think Dave has great potential. It seems like he loves to get laughs out of others and that's nice. I think he'd make a great friend for anyone and everyone.
vivalalove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 10:26 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Degrassi

Well, he's already gotten one plot devoted to him, which is more than those other characters can say.

Old 10-24-2009, 08:02 AM
Master Fan

Yeah, I've heard that before, that people assume he'll end up being a background character. But I get the feeling he'll end up being an important character as the show continues. Jahmil is a strong actor and I think the writers aren't blind to that fact. And he already had a funny B-plot all to himself. Plus they've already started showing his relationships with other people (Chantay, a budding friendship was KC, some interaction with Alli...) so he'll probably be involved in a lot of their plots as well.

I think Connor is much more in Danger of fading into the background.
Old 10-28-2009, 02:08 PM
Master Fan

I can't wait to see more Dave! I just watched "Wanna Be Startin' Something" and he was great. I loathe people who go to extremes to get noticed, but he's just too adorable to hate. He's already got Danny, Bruce and Johnny's respect and they're all seniors. Way to go Dave!

Well we all know he's Chantay's cousin, he'd make a great friend to KC, so maybe he'll date Alli later on in the season. Or maybe they'll just stay friends. Either way, I hope there's lots more of him to come.
Old 11-05-2009, 12:09 PM
Master Fan

I absolutely adored the KC/Dave friendship in Beat It! Their secret handshake, their conversations, and their height difference, I think that's really cute. As well as Dave being Dave. He just cracks me up. I think his humor is pretty over the top but Jahmil just handles everything so subtly that it works really well for this character.

I'm hoping Jenna/Dave isn't over. I think they're really cute together. Actually I love the entire dynamic between KC/Clare/Jenna/Dave.
Old 11-11-2009, 10:36 PM
New Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustMe2000 (View Post)
Well, he's already gotten one plot devoted to him, which is more than those other characters can say.
Are you serious? Leia's had two stories. I wish she'd get more, she's really underrated. There should be a Leia/Judy Jiao appreciation thread...

But Dave's cool. A bit annoying, really, but cute, sometimes. I don't know, ha ha.

What was that thing that he put into the soda bottle? And why does Bruce end up liking Dave? That really confused me. Did he go down on Bruce to make him chillax?
seekingforthereign59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2009, 02:17 PM
Master Fan

Dave pissed into the soda bottle and then poured it onto Bruce's locker, which is why Bruce peed into the balloon and threw it at him. Bruce probably ended up liking Dave because he finally met a Minor Niner that has some balls.

Dave going down on Bruce?
Old 11-16-2009, 10:48 PM
New Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivalalove (View Post)
Dave pissed into the soda bottle and then poured it onto Bruce's locker, which is why Bruce peed into the balloon and threw it at him.

No, that's not what I was referring to. And that wasn't a soda bottle, it was more like a sports drink bottle.

What I was refering to was the 2-liter bottle in the cafeteria. Dave wanted to make a scene and "be cool" so he put some kind of tablet into the soda bottle (which was just left on a table... who leaves an open 2-liter bottle lying around?), which caused the soda to explode. Then Bruce comes along and pours the rest of the soda onto Dave, starting the Dave/Bruce war.

EDIT: Typos!

Last edited by seekingforthereign59; 11-16-2009 at 10:55 PM
seekingforthereign59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply   Post New Thread