Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

New Forum Poll   |     Summer TV Shows   |     Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 02-21-2011, 10:27 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Degrassi

Connor DeLaurier/A.J. Saudin #1: Come on Degrassi writers, give this boy some action!

And finally we have a thread for Connor. Let's post all things Connor here. Even if it's just to bitch and moan about them not using him enough.

Credit to the one and only kaleidocat for the avatar
JustMe2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 10:37 PM
Master Fan

Wasn't there already a Connor/AJ thread? No. Confusion....

Anyway, yes they don't use Connor enough but I thought his storyline this season with LoveQueen16 was pretty good. I feel like there was a missed opportunity to revisit the KC/Connor friendship there. But I guess those two probably won't talk anymore.

AJ on the other hand is hands down one of my favorite cast members! I love his friendship with D, actually I love the whole crew as a group. They're so gangsta. I'm sure when Justin and Aislinn get married they'll have a gangsta wedding with everyone. haha, just kidding! (well, maybe someday...) It's total worth staying up till 3am to chat with AJ during his live chats - especially when Demetrius is with him!

AJ/D Bromance 4 Lyfe!
Old 02-21-2011, 10:40 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Degrassi

It really is a shame that his Aspergers storyline only included one plot. It'd be a good one to continue, especially since Snake is a featured character on the show and it's got to be difficult at times to adjust to handing the disorder.

Remember when there was some speculation that lovequeen was the reason for the school lockdown?
Old 02-21-2011, 10:50 PM
Loyal Fan

Add me! & yeah, I remember that! Oh man, I sure miss the days of summer. :/ & Asya, I don't think they'll give us any semblance of the old KC since now that he's with Jenna he's turned into this popular SuperJock with an equally douchey friend. But this isn't the right thread for that, lmao.

I really hope the writers use Connor again for another storyline of his own soon. Maybe he finds his own significant other? Without said person being a middle aged woman?
Old 02-21-2011, 10:52 PM
Loyal Fan

How did we not have a Connor/AJ thread before?

I really liked Connor in season 8, when we got to know him and his Asperger's story line. He had a great friendship with Clare, and I'm sad to see they don't interact anymore. Now his story line's don't always interest me, but they should definitely bring up the topic of his Asperger's again. I thought they did that one well.

And I love AJ! Tbh, just reading some of his tweets and his formspring, he seems like a genuinely good guy. We need some more The Adventures of Luke and AJ videos soon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaleidocat (View Post)
Remember when there was some speculation that lovequeen was the reason for the school lockdown?

Why do I find that so amusing?
EClare_x3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 09:35 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penny Avenue (View Post)
Add me! & yeah, I remember that! Oh man, I sure miss the days of summer. :/ & Asya, I don't think they'll give us any semblance of the old KC since now that he's with Jenna he's turned into this popular SuperJock with an equally douchey friend. But this isn't the right thread for that, lmao.

I really hope the writers use Connor again for another storyline of his own soon. Maybe he finds his own significant other? Without said person being a middle aged woman?
Ugh but it drives me crazy because I actually liked the KC/Connor friendship back in season 8. But I suppose I'll just have to look back with happy memories.

As for Clare and Connor I admit I miss that too but with them it seemed like the break was more mutual. They were still hanging out at the end of last season (so was Alli) and it seemed like they were all pretty chill at the beginning of the season but Connor's getting older and I think he's at that point where he wants to chill with the guys and play video games so he found his own crew for that with Wes and Dave. Clare's just in a different place. I think a lot of this season was Clare realizing she wasn't really going after what was important to her and her friends just weren't on the same page. With Eli and Adam they're all kinda looking for the same things out of high school. I suppose the same could really be said for KC, Alli, and Jenna: they're the popular kids so yes they're going to be the ones going to parties and making out at the drive ins and while that's not Connor's scene I think it's okay. I don't really think I realized how natural a progression the niner kids took until I started typing this but all and all it makes sense. You get into high school and you start to hang with your classmates and then when you grow up a little you start to realize what you want and that's when you start finding friends who want the same things as you.

I would like to see Connor get a girlfriend not just because that's a storyline AJ want to cover or because I'm rooting for him but because I think that showing him going through the dating process would be a great way to bring his Asperger's back into a storyline without having it turn into some kind of PSA.

I will say one thing, my mom actually watches Degrassi and she's a clinical therapist so she was talking to me the other day about Connor and Wesley making all those jokes about Sadie and how in reality Connor probably wouldn't be coming up with them off the fly like that- especially considering where he was in season 8. It just makes me suspect they've mostly dropped the storyline or will keep it contained to episodes where he's the focus which kinda bothers me.

On another note Connor's S10 bio talked a lot about NASA but we haven't seen anything about that yet which I think is kinda bizarre.

Can I just say he has the best smile:

Last edited by Nekoshoujo; 02-22-2011 at 09:45 AM
Nekoshoujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 09:51 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaleidocat (View Post)
That was my dream. Lovequeen comes to win back her man, but turns into a violent pedophile.

Actually, I had another idea that I liked even more. Namely Owen trying to rape Alli and her killing him. (In self defense, not after the fact in cold blood, although that could be good too)

Edit: Also, I kind of agree with you, Nekoshoujo, but I think that it doesn't really work if TPTB don't show it. Sure, we can infer, but we shouldn't have to that heavily
Old 02-22-2011, 10:05 AM
Master Fan

^ Infer what exactly?
Old 02-22-2011, 10:06 AM
Extreme Fan

About how they've grown apart. All that we've seen is that they suddenly don't talk at all. I wish we had actually seen them slowly drifting, and maybe an episode about Connor having to deal with it.

Edit: Also, as it pertains to Clare, I wish we had seen her decision to stop wearing her private school clothes. I don't fundamentally object to new!Clare, but it felt like pretty sudden a change
Old 02-22-2011, 10:18 AM
Master Fan

Well I have to disagree, I do think they showed them slowly drift apart. It's not like they were going to go up to each other and say "we don't have common interests let's end it all!" That just doesn't happen. Instead we saw new characters introduced and that helped the transition. Alli gets into her dance crew and we see her and Clare start to drift a little, Wesley gets a bigger role we realize he and Connor are closer than suggested last season. Aside from random Jenna/Alli friendship it made sense to me. I think the only thing that wasn't explained enough was the Connor/KC break.

As for Clare, did you miss an episode? We did see that.
Old 02-22-2011, 10:23 AM
Extreme Fan

I honestly don't have great episode memory, so you might be right. Still, I think it could have been a bit more overt. As it stands now, I can't help but feel that TPTB just didn't have any more storyline for them as friends.

Clare: Well, there was the season 8 episode in which she wore Darcy's clothes, but then she switched back for the rest of the season. Is it a different episode you're talking about?

Edit: Probably getting a bit off topic, though.
Old 02-22-2011, 10:50 AM
Master Fan

Seriously it's Jane Says part 1 and 2, covered over a two parter I don't think they could have made a bigger deal about it.

Well I'm just going to disagree with this one, as it stands I think the drift made a lot of sense and even though I am a big fan of the minor niners (Alli/Clare/KC/Conner) I think they all ended up in places that really suited them. Aside from KC, but that's a complaint for a different thread.

Connor seems most comfortable with Dave and Wesley. Although I've been wondering if Dave getting a girlfriend means that he'll be drifting from Connor and Wesley and hanging out with the basketball team. That could be an interesting thing for Connor to deal with because he seems to have really settled with his friend right now.

Then again if Connor got a girlfriend too...
Old 02-24-2011, 05:14 PM
Passionate Fan

He finally has a thread!
Old 07-11-2011, 06:05 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Degrassi

Am I the only one who's curious about what Connor is up to in season 11? Has he even been in any of the promos for a second at all?
Old 07-11-2011, 08:09 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Degrassi

I hope we finally get to see his parents this year. That is way overdue.

And if they don't do that, at least show us a plot where we see Spike involved with him, in addition to Snake.

Truth be told, I'm not sure we're going to get much with him. He hasn't been on set very much and there was even some tweets about how much he missed being on set. He was there today, though, and Melinda posted a cute picture of the two of them.

Credit to the one and only kaleidocat for the avatar
JustMe2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top