Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 08-22-2010, 11:17 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by mellifluouscloud (View Post)
That would probably be THE GREATEST MOMENT EVER. Or among them, anyway.
I COMPLETELY AGREE!
I want to see it so bad. Just cause, ah I know it would be perfect. I imagine it might be a three step face. First, the realization hasn't hit; then KC's processing the information, and bam! total shock!

Quote:
I have given this some deep thought since my last post (okay not really) but what I decided is that Torres is probably just Spanish, i.e. their ancestors are from Spain, so that would make them ethnically white. I don't think Bianca is Latina but I'm only confused because I saw her listed as a "Spicy Latina" on the TV Tropes page. Of course anyone can edit that, so it doesn't mean much. Regardless, ALL those actors are white... yeah.
yeah, Spanish-Canadian... white. Like the same.

I dunno what Alicia's heritage is but DeSousa is Portuguese so... also European. I think the best they have is Sav and Alli which I guess they cover with their parents. yeah, considering how diverse Toronto is the cast is not a very good representation.

Quote:
This thread is really hopping since you bumped it! (I probably just jinxed it. Sorry.)
Correction: Since I bumped it a third time. *sigh*
Personally I think I've just been excited to talk about them since Kenna broke up. It feels like there's hope again for these two!

Spoiler:

Maybe if Jordan and Aislinn had never met I would have shipped Jess/Ais too...
Old 08-23-2010, 06:14 AM
Extreme Fan

It's not because Clare's Christian that I don't think she's a lesbian. She has shown recurring and extensive interest in boys and none in girls.
MD9999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2010, 09:10 AM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by MD9999 (View Post)
It's not because Clare's Christian that I don't think she's a lesbian. She has shown recurring and extensive interest in boys and none in girls.
Hey, it's all about the subtlety. Don't forget Paige was the same way (to an extreme) for 4 full seasons! And then Palex happened... (I'll just ignore the awful way it ended)
mellifluouscloud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2010, 09:49 AM
Extreme Fan

That's a good point; I forgot about that.

What I loved about Paige's sexuality issues is that she wasn't introduced as the character who would be gay. (like Marco or Riley) It felt much more natural, and she had other character traits! And unrelated plotlines! It just was much more organic and movine, in my opinion.
(I kind of secretly always wanted Craig to follow suit)
Old 08-23-2010, 10:19 AM
Master Fan

Exactly! And sometimes it just takes a certain person. A lot of people grow up thinking oh I'm a girl I should like guys. They might even have crushes on girls without realizing what those feelings mean until they meet someone who changes that because they realize they like them in a very special way...

Like in 901 when Clare keeps going on and on about how awesome Jenna is (to Alli's dismay) Jenna could have been the gateway to Clare realizing a new side of her sexuality. Clare never talked about anyone else that way. In fact Clare did a lot of things with Jenna that she didn't do with other people. I always saw Jenna as the instigator too. Obviously she spent a lot of S9 trying to seduce Clare.

I think up until the very last scene of Beat It it's pretty easy to interpret Jenna getting between KC and Clare as her attempt to get with Clare. It's not like Jenna even interacted with KC up until that scene.

I think in most of the Clenna fics it happens that way. That's how I wrote it:
Sweet Kiss Sleepover Chapter 1, a Degrassi fanfic - FanFiction.Net
Old 08-23-2010, 10:25 AM
Extreme Fan

I don't know. I still think that Jenna's actions (though I wish otherwise) were less flirtatious and more a reflection of how ridiculous she is.

I mean there was no tension or chemistry or heat between them. It seemed like a girl/girl friendship filled with sunshine and rainbows.

Still more romantic than Kenna, though.
(I want them to come back from India so I can see Sam Earle on twitter continuing to try to defend Kenna)

At Nekoshouko: This reminds me, I saw something you tweeted to Jessica Tyler at some point. Basically along the lines of "You just really aren't a strong enough actress to make me care" Ouch. But it made me lol

Edit: also someone needs to bump the anti Kenna thread back onto page 1. I would, but I was the last poster and don't want to double post
Old 08-23-2010, 01:41 PM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
What I loved about Paige's sexuality issues is that she wasn't introduced as the character who would be gay. (like Marco or Riley) It felt much more natural, and she had other character traits! And unrelated plotlines! It just was much more organic and movine, in my opinion.
(I kind of secretly always wanted Craig to follow suit)
Oh I totally agree. Plus for Paige it was really just about falling in love with someone and not caring that she happened to be female. She didn't let it define her and it was refreshing. I think they could have gone that route with Peter, especially since male bisexuality is vastly overlooked/mocked to be nonexistent... although it could just be me dying for some Piley action.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nekoshoujo (View Post)
Exactly! And sometimes it just takes a certain person. A lot of people grow up thinking oh I'm a girl I should like guys. They might even have crushes on girls without realizing what those feelings mean until they meet someone who changes that because they realize they like them in a very special way...
You just described my life...

Quote:
I think up until the very last scene of Beat It it's pretty easy to interpret Jenna getting between KC and Clare as her attempt to get with Clare. It's not like Jenna even interacted with KC up until that scene.
I agree! That's how it should have been, anyway. That's how it is in my head.

I'll check out your fic in a bit!
Old 08-23-2010, 02:01 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
I don't know. I still think that Jenna's actions (though I wish otherwise) were less flirtatious and more a reflection of how ridiculous she is.

I mean there was no tension or chemistry or heat between them. It seemed like a girl/girl friendship filled with sunshine and rainbows.

Still more romantic than Kenna, though.
(I want them to come back from India so I can see Sam Earle on twitter continuing to try to defend Kenna)

At Nekoshouko: This reminds me, I saw something you tweeted to Jessica Tyler at some point. Basically along the lines of "You just really aren't a strong enough actress to make me care" Ouch. But it made me lol

Edit: also someone needs to bump the anti Kenna thread back onto page 1. I would, but I was the last poster and don't want to double post
That's not quite what I said. For the record I said: " I like that this plot was amusing because I don't think you're talented enough yet to pull off a dramatic plot. Keep trying!"

wait I went back and I think this is the one you meant:
"I would love to care but I'm still traumatized by that #kennasucksass crap fest (literally)"

Yeah, I think I'm going to bump the anti-kenna thread now so I can post all these. I have to post Annie's too because that was a fun night.

But I have to ask... are you stalking my twitter? Cause I don't think she replied to those ones

Anyway, back to Clenna. Since you mention Sam Earle I have to point out that he actually linked the Jenna is a lesbian livejournal comm on twitter. It made my life.

Quote:
Oh I totally agree. Plus for Paige it was really just about falling in love with someone and not caring that she happened to be female. She didn't let it define her and it was refreshing. I think they could have gone that route with Peter, especially since male bisexuality is vastly overlooked/mocked to be nonexistent... although it could just be me dying for some Piley action.
That's why Palex is still one of my favorite couples. I think they were just really natural. It made so much sense. I would have loved some canon Piley action but at least they gave us some fanservice last season.

Quote:
You just described my life...
I'm honestly starting to wonder if I'll be saying the same thing about myself in couple of years.

Quote:
I agree! That's how it should have been, anyway. That's how it is in my head.
Mine too. I always watch Season 9 with my Clenna goggles on- so much better!

Quote:
I'll check out your fic in a bit!
There's a list in the OP too. I think I got all the current Clare/Jenna fics out there on it but I'll definitely go check FF.net later to see if there's more and update it.
Old 08-23-2010, 02:11 PM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nekoshoujo (View Post)
Since you mention Sam Earle I have to point out that he actually linked the Jenna is a lesbian livejournal comm on twitter. It made my life.
That's AMAZING! Omg, how did he even find it though? Did you send him the link or do the cast members stalk fan communities in their spare time? And if so, why does Stefan consider to ignore the demands for Snarcy...

Quote:
Mine too. I always watch Season 9 with my Clenna goggles on- so much better!
Ship goggles make everything better.

Quote:
There's a list in the OP too. I think I got all the current Clare/Jenna fics out there on it but I'll definitely go check FF.net later to see if there's more and update it.
Ohhh, awesome! Your fics are on LJ too, right? I'd rather read/comment there. I'll go check.
Old 08-23-2010, 02:21 PM
Extreme Fan

I don't think that Paige was bi. She always said that she liked guys even after Palex got together. That's exactly why I enjoyed them so much. I wouldn't consider myself a die-hard shipper, but I liked them much more than any Marco paring. Their relationship went beyond the sexuality issue. Paige wasn't in love with a girl. She was in love with a person. and that's the way she was seeing it. I like Clenna friendship, but as a couple? I would have to see it happen.
necklace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2010, 02:38 PM
Dedicated Fan

Can I be added, even if I only like them as friends? o:
Old 08-23-2010, 03:03 PM
Master Fan

I can start another list for people who only like their friendships how about that?

Quote:
That's AMAZING! Omg, how did he even find it though? Did you send him the link or do the cast members stalk fan communities in their spare time? And if so, why does Stefan consider to ignore the demands for Snarcy...
I have no idea! I want to know. Although if you google "Jenna Middleton" it's not too hard to find:
Google

So that's my best guess. I know some cast members do read the forums and things. Jordan mentioned Adam's thread here at FF. It's such a creepy thought. So creepy.

Because Stefan is mean! He hates the fans or at least that's what it sounds like sometimes when people tweet him.

Quote:
Ship goggles make everything better.
I can't watch this show without them.

Quote:
Ohhh, awesome! Your fics are on LJ too, right? I'd rather read/comment there. I'll go check.
yeah they are: Jenna Middleton is a Lesbian
^ some awesome ones by Heather too.
Old 08-23-2010, 09:04 PM
Loyal Fan

I find it hilarious that Sam knows all about people shipping Jenna with other girls. The poor boy was probably in shock for a little bit when he stumbled upon it. Maybe he's a secret Clenna shipper.
SupernaturalLuv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2010, 11:59 AM
Extreme Fan

So, was I the only one excited to see Jenna in Clare’s house? I KNEW they would make up, to bad we didn’t get to see it.
necklace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2010, 06:06 PM
Addicted Fan

Clare should have gone to the dance with Jenna instead of Fitz.
Reply   Post New Thread