Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 09-12-2011, 01:06 PM
Extreme Fan

One thing that is pretty consistent about Degrassi is that there's always a handful of actors that get a lot of the weight. I think the reason Holly J got a lot of plots issuing due to Charlotte's talent, much like Jake Epstein and Lauren Collins before her, not to mention she was the lead of a show before and proved she can handle it. Ray, Samantha, and Argris at the time were unproven talent who came to grow. I guess it would've been nice to see some mingling but I dont really have a problem on how things turned out.
Old 09-12-2011, 01:38 PM
Addicted Fan

Aw, add me to the list please!
Old 09-12-2011, 04:28 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by MegaJ (View Post)
One thing that is pretty consistent about Degrassi is that there's always a handful of actors that get a lot of the weight. I think the reason Holly J got a lot of plots issuing due to Charlotte's talent, much like Jake Epstein and Lauren Collins before her, not to mention she was the lead of a show before and proved she can handle it. Ray, Samantha, and Argris at the time were unproven talent who came to grow. I guess it would've been nice to see some mingling but I dont really have a problem on how things turned out.
I thought that Craig was an air hog to put it simply and I was thrilled when he left because I felt that too much of the show focused on Craig and his issues and there were talented actors who got ignored in favor of Craig. I think that he was someone who was selfish and self-centered to say the least. Eli is likely his generation's Craig but I think at least Eli realizes that his actions have hurt others and that he seems to be sincerely sorry for hurting others and I never got that impression with Criag. There was always some excuse for Craig's behavior much like there was always an excuse for Mia and Jenna's behavior and honestly I got tired of seeing Craig take over the show all the time. I didn't feel that Degrassi became the Holly J show and that she and Paige didn't step all over everyone else like Craig did.
Shipper Of: Holly J Sinclair and Declan Coyne, Degrassi's Power Couple, Sean Cameron and Emma Nelson, JT and Liberty, Drew and Bianca, Miles and Maya, Rob and Kristen Maddie and Wes, Riley and Lucas, Josh and Maya and Chuck and Blair, Jesse McKenna and Becca Thatcher and Simone and Eric Daniel and Noa, Max and Liz, Nikolas and Gia, Monse and Cesar and Ariana and Pete, Josh and Donna and Spencer and Trina, Miles and Lola
Holland Fan Forever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 07:40 AM
Master Fan

While I agree there was some unevenness to the division of screen time for these kids I was glad that they all got a pretty decent amount in these last two seasons. Also looking back Why Can't This Be Love was not only one of the best episodes of season 9 but one of the ones everyone really talked about. So I think that Sanya's Beta couple status leading up that point paid off in a way.
Old 01-15-2012, 10:00 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Heartstopper

Im seriously going to miss the "Class of 2011"
This was my favorite verison of the cast!
nick ♥ charlie
jordan ○ icon
Simon Spier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 11:51 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by murphyboy11 (View Post)
Im seriously going to miss the "Class of 2011"
This was my favorite verison of the cast!
I will miss Holly J but the rest of the seniors who stayed on the show deserved better to say the least. I think that the other seniors who stayed minus Holly J got completely upstaged by Eli and Drew's class/group in the end and it was unfortunate to me to see so many storylines just dropped or ignored which I think would've given this class more balance and more to do.
Shipper Of: Holly J Sinclair and Declan Coyne, Degrassi's Power Couple, Sean Cameron and Emma Nelson, JT and Liberty, Drew and Bianca, Miles and Maya, Rob and Kristen Maddie and Wes, Riley and Lucas, Josh and Maya and Chuck and Blair, Jesse McKenna and Becca Thatcher and Simone and Eric Daniel and Noa, Max and Liz, Nikolas and Gia, Monse and Cesar and Ariana and Pete, Josh and Donna and Spencer and Trina, Miles and Lola
Holland Fan Forever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2014, 05:39 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Degrassi

What was your favorite friendship from this class? I think mine might be Anya and Riley. But I just might just be awwing from this gif set:

source.
Old 02-16-2014, 12:06 AM
Addicted Fan

Holly J & Fiona. Started off rocky but soon developed into one of the best friendships on the show.

Anya & Riley was great too though. I remember being annoyed at that point that Anya was the only person besides Zane that Riley would interact with but at least it allowed more moments between those two.
ihavealife2uknow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2014, 09:41 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holland Fan Forever (View Post)
I will miss Holly J but the rest of the seniors who stayed on the show deserved better to say the least. I think that the other seniors who stayed minus Holly J got completely upstaged by Eli and Drew's class/group in the end and it was unfortunate to me to see so many storylines just dropped or ignored which I think would've given this class more balance and more to do.
WORD.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaleidocat (View Post)

What was your favorite friendship from this class? I think mine might be Anya and Riley. But I just might just be awwing from this gif set:

source.
Even though he's gay, Anya and Riley had so much more chemistry than him and Zane. They were definitely my favorite friendship AND IT PISSED ME OFF SO ****ING MUCH THAT THEY DIDN'T HAVE RILEY SAY ANYTHING ABOUT HER DATING A MISOGYNISTIC, ATTEMPTED RAPIST ****-SUCKER. Oh yeah and how they had Anya say that Zane has apparently done so much for Riley. NFGAKNFGALKNG Anya, what continuity have you been a part of? You have that reversed.

"YES OF COURSE I IRON MY UNDERWEAR. I AM NOT A HEATHEN EMMETT."
Squall_L. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2017, 06:53 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Degrassi

degrassigifffs-blog

This was awhile ago, eh?
Old 09-30-2017, 08:00 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Degrassi

Snake is looking pretty sharp there.

And my friendship was the Holly J/Fiona/Anya trio.

Credit to the one and only kaleidocat for the avatar
JustMe2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2017, 04:34 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Degrassi

How they've grown!
Holy crap I wanna see Sav and Anya date as adults. Too hot.
Old 10-15-2017, 09:18 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Degrassi

Now we need to get a picture of them today to compare even more, although for one of them that will be hard and for another it may be damn near impossible.

Credit to the one and only kaleidocat for the avatar
JustMe2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2018, 11:11 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Degrassi

I miss Sav and his ladies in those sexy uniforms.