Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 08-16-2013, 03:23 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Degrassi

Oh my...I'm not really a burger fan so that's a bit weird. I think I just haven't met the right hamburger. Too many bad hamburgers in my childhood have prevented me from finding the right one.

My two current favorite commercials!!! "Mr. Wiggles is a hack."
Old 08-22-2013, 07:31 PM
Addicted Fan

Who are all the lurkers? Why don't they make accounts and talk to us? Stop being so creepy, lurkers!!!
Old 08-22-2013, 08:56 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by mellifluouscloud (View Post)

Who are all the lurkers? Why don't they make accounts and talk to us? Stop being so creepy, lurkers!!!
I'm sorry! I'll promise to post more
Old 08-25-2013, 02:09 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Degrassi

Holy crap! 58 people were lurking? I love that feature - it creeps me out and makes me so curious at the same time.

So the MTV music video awards are on tonight. I only know this because of some email I get from MTV...and I assume I get it because I'm signed up for something Degrassi/TeenNick. Anyone watching? This stuff just makes me feel like an old fart because I don't know half of these people. I only know of Macklemore because they were at Dick's Drive In a few weeks ago shooting a video and that created a bit of a nightmare traffic wise.
Old 08-25-2013, 08:10 PM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaleidocat (View Post)
Holy crap! 58 people were lurking? I love that feature - it creeps me out and makes me so curious at the same time.
It actually got up to 64 guests shortly after I took that screencap but I was too lazy to redo it. Seriously though??? Why not just register for an account and post with us instead of creepily reading everything we're saying?

It's funny you mention the VMAs. I was hanging out with a friend today and he asked me if I had watched it. Watched, past tense. I said no. I asked when they were on. He said he was pretty sure it was last Monday. I was like oh, okay. I missed that. Turns out they were TONIGHT. We're both so hip with the times that we had no idea!

I watched the Miley Cyrus / Robin Thicke performance out of morbid curiosity. Miley is just... ugh. She's going through a phase? I guess? I hope? And I wish Robin Thicke would stop being so gross. I've been listening to his music and singing his praises for YEARS. I would mention him and no one knew who I was talking about. But I hate his new album. His last album Love After War was a beautiful masterpiece. This new music is just... no. Stop.
Old 08-25-2013, 09:54 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Degrassi

The only thing I've heard about the VMAs was that there was supposed to be a *NSYNC reunion, and I had about as much interest in seeing that as I did seeing them the first time around.

My nephew has his first college class tomorrow. Wow, does time fly.

Credit to the one and only kaleidocat for the avatar
Old 08-29-2013, 07:25 PM
Addicted Fan

Just watched the PLL finale. Mr. Fitz is A! Called it!

This is almost enough to make me feel like wasting the past 3 years on this show was worth it. Except .... not.
Old 08-29-2013, 08:59 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Degrassi

Yeah, when I saw that posted on EW's site, I thought of you guys that have kept up with that show all these years.

That and they did the one thing that could actually make his character interesting.

Oh and I also thought that knowing this show he'll probably turn out to be an underling of an underling of an underling who's the underling to the underling of the real A.

Anyone watch The Bridge? Major spoiler ahead for those who haven't seen the most recent episode.

Spoiler:

Old 08-30-2013, 10:56 AM
Addicted Fan

I checked out the PLL board and everyone is freaking out. The reactions are split 1/3 in denial, 1/3 angry, 1/3 super excited.

I'm in the latter category, obvs.

But a few of them made good points that the summer finale always reveals a "fake" A who is later revealed not to be A, but was somehow "tricked" into looking like A. IDK. And I don't care. EZRA IS A. REJOICE!!!!
Old 09-07-2013, 04:43 PM
Addicted Fan

Sorry... why am I the last person who posted here?! Anyway, it's been over a week, so I'm allowed to double-post! (New fanforum rule I just made up... )

And I'm posting this for Nicole's benefit: Wasabi the cat survives 11 floor fall out of owner's apartment | Mail Online

I love stories like that!
Old 09-07-2013, 08:01 PM
Extreme Fan

I'm awkwardly like a season behind on PLL, but now I have motivation to catch up! This is so exciting, and it is what we always knew. Of course, this will somehow end up being a romantic gesture that forces Ezria together. Because student/teacher relationships are appropriate if the people are attractive enough and think they're mature.
Old 09-08-2013, 01:52 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Degrassi

Quote:
Originally Posted by mellifluouscloud (View Post)
Sorry... why am I the last person who posted here?! Anyway, it's been over a week, so I'm allowed to double-post! (New fanforum rule I just made up... )
They really should clarify something about that. I'm assuming it is a 24 hour period? 48? IDK. I hate to double post too. I'm the last person in the Becky thread if anyone wants to link to that google chat thingie. I was hoping Kary did a more detailed recap since I'm too lazy to watch but he did link to the questions asked: RECAP: Degrassi Hangout with Sarah Fisher | Kary's Degrassi Blog. Someone go post if you heard any interesting tidbits.

I've heard you mention Robin Thicke before Christine and all this time I thought you were a fan of Robyn. I have learned much from the VMAs. And have had Show Me Love on repeat. Not the same Robin.

AND I AM VERY HAPPY THAT KITTY IS OKAY. I can just see Cleo doing that. After she takes a satisfying poop she races out of the bathroom and likes to jump on the window sill, nearly crashing out. What if one time the kitteh breaks brakes don't work?!

I kinda missed all of this season of PLL. Whoops. Interesting that Ezra is A and I hear the PLL board has gone insane with discussion. I'm happy I'm not a mod there.

Last edited by kaleidocat; 09-10-2013 at 10:47 PM
Old 09-09-2013, 02:06 PM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaleidocat (View Post)
I've heard you mention Robin Thicke before Christine and all this time I thought you were a fan of Robyn.
I actually am a big fan of both Robyn and Robin Thicke. My LJ icon is a picture of Robyn. Not that anyone uses LJ anymore.
Old 09-09-2013, 04:53 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Degrassi

So I guess what we're saying here is that no matter if it's a fictional or real, Alan Thicke is destined to have sons that will embarrass the hell out of him.

Oh and I think the rule for double posting is 72 hours, but I could check that to make sure.

Or not.

Old 09-10-2013, 10:46 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Degrassi

Say what you want about Miley Cyrus but I didn't even watch the VMAs aside from her and Robin's performance and somehow found myself watching her new music video Wrecking Ball...the marketing is working.

Has anyone seen We Need to Talk about Kevin? I just watched it on Encore. Feeling a little haunted.

TCM is also airing TONS of Hitchcock this month. Aside from his earlier stuff, I have to admit that I haven't seen (or it has been awhile) a couple of the classics.