Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 06-09-2013, 06:55 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Degrassi

The Caf (OT) #75- Congrats Grads! Have fun paying off your student loans for the next 30 years!

Is it really a no life club when it takes almost a year to finish the thread?

Important questions people. Important questions.

JustMe2000 78
mellifluouscloud 65
kaleidocat 60
Sixonxnavade 37

Credit to the one and only kaleidocat for the avatar
Old 06-10-2013, 08:25 PM
Extreme Fan

Thanks for the title.
Quote:
10? That's still too early. I told my nephew to try and not get anything before 11. I didn't get to pick the classes out for my first semester. Instead we were assigned a schedule and those bastards gave me an 8:00 class every day of the week. That may or may not have been why I transferred after that semester.
Honestly, if I'm commuting, I'm probably gonna wake up around 8 AM anyway, which is only 90 minutes later than when I currently wake up. I want to try to have a 9-5 schedule so I'll be ready for the workforce.
Old 06-10-2013, 08:47 PM
Passionate Fan

This is a great title I only have 2 weeks of high school left!
Old 06-11-2013, 04:05 PM
Addicted Fan

Guys, don't worry about your student loan debt -- I got this covered.

Old 06-11-2013, 09:29 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Degrassi

Well, I know who's buying lunch the next time we get together.

Old 06-12-2013, 01:45 PM
Extreme Fan

Haha, thanks. We should totally plan a Fan Forum Zimbabwe meet up.
Old 06-15-2013, 01:29 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Degrassi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiny Shinx (View Post)
I got my classes too (I feel like I should mention that NocturnalCouchPotato and I are twins to clarify things ).
I was wondering! You guys seem to share a lot of the same Degrassi opinions...which is good! My brother and I did too when he watched (seasons 1-4 - Crash & Sellie, characters Craig, Ashley, Ellie, Sean, Alex, and Jay). I think fights would have gotten physical if we didn't like the same things. Is there anything Degrassi you guys don't agree on?

Speaking of twins I found the Sweet Valley High tv series on YouTube. Dumb butt me is finally using her internet access on her dvd player so I've been watching a lot of shows that bring on the nostalgia. I'm on a game show kick lately with Supermarket Sweep, Where in the World is Carmen San Diego, Family Double Dare, Legends of the Hidden Temple, and GUTS.
Old 06-15-2013, 09:53 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaleidocat (View Post)
I was wondering! You guys seem to share a lot of the same Degrassi opinions...which is good! My brother and I did too when he watched (seasons 1-4 - Crash & Sellie, characters Craig, Ashley, Ellie, Sean, Alex, and Jay). I think fights would have gotten physical if we didn't like the same things. Is there anything Degrassi you guys don't agree on?

Speaking of twins I found the Sweet Valley High tv series on YouTube. Dumb butt me is finally using her internet access on her dvd player so I've been watching a lot of shows that bring on the nostalgia. I'm on a game show kick lately with Supermarket Sweep, Where in the World is Carmen San Diego, Family Double Dare, Legends of the Hidden Temple, and GUTS.
Yeah, haha, we didn't know when to announce it. We didn't want to just be "the twins" at yet another place (School, friends, family, Tumblr, etc). Here's a picture of us after prom. I'm in the red tie.

I think we pretty much agree with each other on a lot of Degrassi topics. I feel like Degrassi is one of those shows where it's impossible to watch without putting your own life's bias into it, and since we lived through everything with each other, we pretty much share the same opinions (like Ashley getting outed by the crew, Marco being the safety blanket of friends, the tension between Alli and her parents) on the show. I think I get more "into" things, if that makes sense. I'm still bitter about how Sellie and Palex ended, how Ashley was written after Holiday, and Ellie before Craig and after Craig.

After a long discussion, we don't really have any different opinions. He's more undecided on the Love Lockdown issue (I don't know if I can/should mention my opinion because apparently that episode brings out the worst in fans). He thinks Emma wasn't faking her pregnancy scare in Don't You Want Me?, but I did. I liked the Clare vampire fan fiction episode, but my brother hated it. I liked Holly J more in her transformation days of seasons 8 and 9 (until the election, I guess), but he liked Holly J when she was nice. Shiny Shinx liked Imogen before her ditzy phase. I liked Imogen a lot more before, but I still like her now. I liked season 11 (the Now or Never Days and some of the New Beginnings episodes, but he didn't like them).

My favorite game shows are Lingo, Family Feud, and Match Game. I always watch Game Show Network when we go on vacation because we don't have that channel over here.
Old 06-15-2013, 10:27 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Degrassi

Twins...cool. I, of course, reserve the right to refer to one by the other's name.

Oh....prom, it was on the bus heading to prom that my idiot nephew got busted drinking vodka, leading him to be barred from attending graduation. Idiot.

Old 06-17-2013, 01:43 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustMe2000 (View Post)
Twins...cool. I, of course, reserve the right to refer to one by the other's name.

Oh....prom, it was on the bus heading to prom that my idiot nephew got busted drinking vodka, leading him to be barred from attending graduation. Idiot.
Wow, no offense. At my school, people managed to stay sober for prom, but literally celebrated prom weekend part 1 from Friday night until Sunday. We had graduation rehearsal Monday so students couldn't go away for the weekend, but the week after, people headed down the shore Thursday afternoon and stayed there until Monday. It was like a ghost town in all of my classes. Tuesday, everyone came back with "the flu".
That really sucks for him.
Old 06-19-2013, 08:06 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Degrassi

Years from now it will probably be a badge of honor for him- until the mother of his kids makes sure they don't know a damn thing about it.

So when trying to come up with a clip appropriate to showcase the amazing James Gandolfini and his most iconic role in particular, it's pretty much a damn near impossible task. But, I found something.

And then there's also a clip featuring the first part (of five) of his appearance on Inside the Actor's Studio.

RIP James, you will be missed.

Old 06-20-2013, 12:29 PM
Loyal Fan

I never had a chance to watch the Sopranos, but James Gandolfini was another New Jerseyan. The newspaper tributes on him were touching. Rest in Peace.
Old 06-20-2013, 06:58 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I heard about that.
Old 06-21-2013, 08:22 PM
Part-Time Fan

Sending good vibes and love to the people of Calgary. Parts of Southern Alberta have been hit with massive floods. I hope everybody there is okay. Stay safe and don't leave your home unless you really have to.
Old 06-22-2013, 11:51 AM
Extreme Fan

So much sad news is happening this week.

In other news, the Paula Deen racial controversy is like watching a car accident while you're on the highway. Yikes. I'd hate to be her public reputation committee.
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top