Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 06-02-2015, 05:57 PM
Dedicated Fan

I hope they just stay friends for the most part, her time on this show is up and I think Jonah would be better off developing relationships with the characters that are actually staying on the show. Unless Becky becomes a super senior, which I would not mind.
87daysofTV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2015, 12:25 AM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Degrassi

[♥]
Old 07-15-2015, 05:57 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaleidocat (View Post)
Not sure what I see happening! I'm hoping that they are meant to be something more than a roadblock for Drew/Becky. There seems to be feelings that both are in denial of. I'm not sure why Becky is clinging to the idea that Drew is the the one for her TBH. Anyone got any character insight into that?
Well, I think that her relationship with Drew has always been sort of shaky. Her and Drew were both two people who probably loved Adam, very much, and as we saw, were the most devastated by his death. Grief sometimes tends to bring people, together. Maybe, she thinks that by dating Adam's brother, she still has a part of Adam, or maybe she's trying to see Adam in Drew, or vice versa, with Drew and Becky. Maybe they're both just trying to cling onto some part of Adam's memory.

I dunno, that's my theory, anyway. Drecky always seemed like a ship that was going to eventually crash, and burn.
Old 07-17-2015, 05:43 PM
Dedicated Fan

Sorry for double-posting, but I just wanted to ask if any of you guys saw the new sneak peek. It doesn't necessarily have Bonah, in it, but I was sort of sensing some jealousy, from Drew? Maybe it's just me? Here's the link :

[VIDEO] ‘Degrassi’ Final Season Premiere Spoilers — Who’s Breaking Up? | TVLine
Old 07-17-2015, 10:27 PM
Obsessed Fan

There was definitely some jealousy and honestly, I can't help but be annoyed. Almost no one likes Drecky and I don't see the point of dragging anything with them out. For me, it's like Matlingsworth all over again except less volatile.
Old 07-17-2015, 11:48 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChinaTequilia (View Post)
There was definitely some jealousy and honestly, I can't help but be annoyed. Almost no one likes Drecky and I don't see the point of dragging anything with them out. For me, it's like Matlingsworth all over again except less volatile.
Yeah, I couldn't help but notice, that he sort of passive aggressively shoved Jonah, when he was showing off his Hall Monitor badge. But hey, Drew's probably going to be the good guy, in all this. It's clearly all Jonah and Becky's fault. I mean, god forbid that she actually has a friendship, with another male.
Old 07-17-2015, 11:51 PM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewYorkCityRoyalty (View Post)
Yeah, I couldn't help but notice, that he sort of passive aggressively shoved Jonah, when he was showing off his Hall Monitor badge. But hey, Drew's probably going to be the good guy, in all this. It's clearly all Jonah and Becky's fault. I mean, god forbid that she actually has a friendship, with another male.
I don't understand why this is happening. I definitely prefer Becky/Jonah, but I also care a lot about Drew. I feel like all three characters are better than this and Drew especially is beyond this.
Old 07-17-2015, 11:57 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
I don't understand why this is happening. I definitely prefer Becky/Jonah, but I also care a lot about Drew. I feel like all three characters are better than this and Drew especially is beyond this.
I don't, either, to be honest with you. I mean, ever since he found out that Becky was in a band with Jonah, he's been weirdly jealous of Jonah, for no reason, and I don't really get it. I mean, why does he see Jonah as such a threat? It's not like Jonah has actually tried to actively pursue Becky, or has done anything to directly offend, or insult Drew, so his jealousy is coming completely out of left field. It's honestly really disappointing, especially seeing as how Drew's had many very emotional, and engaging plots, and now it looks like his final plot is just going to be this love triangle crap. It's also a shame for Becky, too, and for Jonah. They have so much more that they could be doing with these characters, but instead they're just wasting their potential, on crappy romance plots. They all deserved better than this.
Old 07-18-2015, 12:35 AM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
I don't, either, to be honest with you. I mean, ever since he found out that Becky was in a band with Jonah, he's been weirdly jealous of Jonah, for no reason, and I don't really get it. I mean, why does he see Jonah as such a threat? It's not like Jonah has actually tried to actively pursue Becky, or has done anything to directly offend, or insult Drew, so his jealousy is coming completely out of left field. It's honestly really disappointing, especially seeing as how Drew's had many very emotional, and engaging plots, and now it looks like his final plot is just going to be this love triangle crap. It's also a shame for Becky, too, and for Jonah. They have so much more that they could be doing with these characters, but instead they're just wasting their potential, on crappy romance plots. They all deserved better than this.
For sure. I realize the writers rarely do final plots all that well, but NO final Drew plot would have been better than this. Just let Becky/Jonah happen because we barely have any more episodes with Becky.
Old 07-18-2015, 12:37 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
For sure. I realize the writers rarely do final plots all that well, but NO final Drew plot would have been better than this. Just let Becky/Jonah happen because we barely have any more episodes with Becky.
Even if they do end up together, it is still going to be sort of bittersweet. I mean, as far as I know, Sarah is leaving the show, and Ehren will probably be around for about another two years (maybe more, if the writers just decide to make Jonah a senior for a long ass time, or keep holding him back).
Old 07-18-2015, 02:33 AM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Even if they do end up together, it is still going to be sort of bittersweet. I mean, as far as I know, Sarah is leaving the show, and Ehren will probably be around for about another two years (maybe more, if the writers just decide to make Jonah a senior for a long ass time, or keep holding him back).
I've always thought Jonah would be held back. Niamh isn't returning next season so unless they bring in a bunch of seniors who will be gone fairly quickly, Jonah has to be a grade 11 next year. It's honestly a pity they even did Drecky. They could have avoided it so easily and just had Bonah happen in season 14. Very little would be changed from the overall story line.
Old 07-18-2015, 08:27 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
I've always thought Jonah would be held back. Niamh isn't returning next season so unless they bring in a bunch of seniors who will be gone fairly quickly, Jonah has to be a grade 11 next year. It's honestly a pity they even did Drecky. They could have avoided it so easily and just had Bonah happen in season 14. Very little would be changed from the overall story line.
Niamh isn't coming back? Has that been officially confirmed, by either her or Degrassi? I mean, I knew that her name wasn't listed in the Next Class cast list, but I figured that must've been a mistake, or something.

Well, if it is true, then that's another shame. Even though I didn't particularly like Jack, I was still intrigued by her, as a new character, and wanted to see what she could bring to the show, but now it looks like fans will only remember her as Imogen's second lesbian girlfriend, and the polygamist. This is another example of the writers taking new characters, like Jack and Jonah, who have so much potential, and then just wasting them on romance plots, and then they just discard them, afterwards. I guess, I am glad that Jonah is sticking around, though.

I can't help but find it a little weird, though, that they kept one of the seniors, and yet, they're letting go of the other one. I mean, with Jack gone, won't that make Jonah pretty much the only senior, next year? xD
Old 07-18-2015, 09:35 AM
Master Fan

Aww Jonah and Becky are so cute together. Jonah seems kinda shy around becky so sweet
Old 07-18-2015, 10:07 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soeshie20 (View Post)
Aww Jonah and Becky are so cute together. Jonah seems kinda shy around becky so sweet
It actually kind of reminds me of Zaya, in a sense (Technically, it could apply to Zoemund, too.) where the guy is all outwardly tough, and relatively lax, and then when he's in the company of a girl, he's completely different.
Old 07-18-2015, 10:17 AM
Master Fan

Yeah they do kinda I understand what you mean