Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 11-25-2014, 08:00 PM
Dedicated Fan

Bonah (Becky/Jonah) Appreciation Thread.

Hey, this is a thread dedicated to the ship of Becky Baker, and Jonah Haak, more affectionately known to the fans, as "Bonah". Based on their character descriptions, with the two of them both appearing to be devout Christians, and Jonah's bio mentioning befriending a character who shares his strong faith, I can only assume that they'll have more plots together. It's a little bittersweet because Becky is more than likely leaving this season, and Jonah is still a junior, and we'll only have one year left with him, before we truly get to know him. Anyway, I won't spoil tonight's episode for anyone, but I have a feeling that these two will be interacting quite a bit, this season.

Shippers
1.NewYorkCityRoyalty
2.Astroman129
3.Soeshie20
4.Nyanny
5.~Unfaithful~

Last edited by NewYorkCityRoyalty; 12-10-2014 at 10:03 PM
NewYorkCityRoyalty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2014, 08:05 PM
Part-Time Fan

Put me on any list you may have for these two. I wonder if Becky's depression will pull her down more and she'll be forced to repeat her grade, thus remaining in the same class as Jonah and we'll see her for another year. I wouldn't mind that. Although I'm sure Sarah has said something about Becky graduating, which makes me a very sad individual. But oh well.
Astroman129 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2014, 08:11 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astroman129 (View Post)
Put me on any list you may have for these two. I wonder if Becky's depression will pull her down more and she'll be forced to repeat her grade, thus remaining in the same class as Jonah and we'll see her for another year. I wouldn't mind that. Although I'm sure Sarah has said something about Becky graduating, which makes me a very sad individual. But oh well.
Welcome to the club. Sadly, I doubt that'll happen. I think Sarah tweeted about her last day on the show. I suppose it'd be possible, for her to make recurring appearances, much like Eli did, after he graduated, but I sort of doubt it.

Spoiler:

Has it even been mentioned that Drew knows about Becky's struggles with Luke, this season? I mean, yes, he one of the people investigating Zoe's rape, but to me, it feels like maybe Becky isn't telling him about her drama with Luke. Either that, or maybe he's got too much on his plate, with the baby, to really listen to Becky.

I guess, at the very least, I'd like Jonah to be a friend to Becky. Becky has been through a lot this season, and it feels like all of her friends are preoccupied with their own issues. I mean, Jack and Imogen have been pretty much attached at the hip in every scene, and I already mentioned Drew's distraction with the baby. I hope that Jonah can be someone Becky can confide in, and someone who can just comfort her and be a friend to her. Arguably, Becky has had the worst senior year, out of all of the seniors - except for maybe Clare, or Drew. Becky has been through a tough time, and she deserves a friend, and I genuinely hope that Jonah can be that friend.
Old 11-27-2014, 03:12 AM
Master Fan

Add me these two are awesome !
Old 11-27-2014, 01:16 PM
Dedicated Fan

Welcome, to our little exclusive club.
Old 11-27-2014, 02:46 PM
Master Fan

the thin i like is that jonah isn't a ''stereotype'' christian kinda thing. Becky seems happy when she is around jonah and strong
Old 11-27-2014, 02:49 PM
New Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewYorkCityRoyalty (View Post)
Hey, this is a thread dedicated to the ship of Becky Baker, and Jonah Haak, more affectionately known to the fans, as "Bonah". Based on their character descriptions, with the two of them both appearing to be devout Christians, and Jonah's bio mentioning befriending a character who shares his strong faith, I can only assume that they'll have more plots together. It's a little bittersweet because Becky is more than likely leaving this season, and Jonah is still a junior, and we'll only have one year left with him, before we truly get to know him. Anyway, I won't spoil tonight's episode for anyone, but I have a feeling that these two will be interacting quite a bit, this season.

Shippers
NewYorkCityRoyalty
Astroman129
Soeshie20
Add me too!!
Nyanny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2014, 03:18 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soeshie20 (View Post)
the thin i like is that jonah isn't a ''stereotype'' christian kinda thing. Becky seems happy when she is around jonah and strong
I agree. It was sort of implied in his bio, and in his talk with Becky about 'baggage', that Jonah has had a rough past. I don't know what exactly, but I hope that we find out. I mean, Jonah is clearly someone who has had his own demons, and seems to have conquered them. I really would like to know more about him, and how he became so religious. Was he always religious like Becky, or did something major in his life happen, that caused him to seek out religion? Or maybe, much like Becky, he used to be devout, but began having doubts about his faith, much like Becky is now, and managed to find his way back to his faith?

Yeah, she does seem happier and stronger around him. I get the feeling that Jonah is here to help Becky overcome her own demons, much like he overcame his. Even though Drew and Imogen are both good support people, they can't relate to being religious, like she is, and having a crisis of faith, like she currently is, now. I think that because Jonah is also religious, and has overcome his own demons, he might be able to relate to her better.

Quote:
Add me too!!
Welcome to Club Bonah.
Old 11-27-2014, 05:18 PM
Master Fan

That true Drew and Imogen can relate alot with Becky but a if he a religous to he understands what she is feeling .
Hope we get to see more of Jonah helping Becky
Old 11-27-2014, 07:25 PM
Passionate Fan

I'm intrigued. It's definitely leagues better than Drecky.
Old 11-27-2014, 07:35 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Azura (View Post)
I'm intrigued. It's definitely leagues better than Drecky.
Yeah, I really hope that they're not setting up for some stupid love triangle, though. Based on the last scene of the episode, I can only assume that Becky and Jonah are going to get together, or become closer. I don't think that they would do a love triangle with Becky, Jonah and Drew, but then again, I don't know.

For me, the ideal situation would be for Drew to be alone, or to be with Clare, I guess. As for Becky, I would be fine with her staying single, or with her deciding to date Jonah.
Old 11-28-2014, 04:56 AM
Master Fan

I want to see becky falling for him

Spoiler:
Old 11-28-2014, 09:21 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soeshie20 (View Post)
I want to see becky falling for him

Spoiler:
Based on the look she gave him, at the end of the last episode, I'd say she's already starting to.
Old 11-29-2014, 11:05 PM
Dedicated Fan

Sorry for double posting, but it looks like they'll have an upcoming plot, in the next few episodes.

Spoiler:

How do you guys feel about this? I'm pretty torn. As much as he would probably deserve it, I don't want Drew to be cheated on. I mean, Becky established in 13A, that even though she had let go of some parts of her beliefs like homophobia, she still wasn't willing to budge on matters, like infidelity. Also... I feel like it'd be sort of hypocritical of her. I mean, didn't she chew out Adam, for thinking that she'd cheat on him? And yeah, I know that she's going through a crisis of faith right now, but cheating isn't the answer. Also, I feel like it would probably leave a bitter taste in my mouth, in regards to Jonah. I don't want these two to get together through cheating. Also, I would sort of have to question just how seriously Jonah takes his religion, if he chooses to pursue a girl who's taken. I could sort of understand, if maybe she never brought up having a boyfriend or Drew, but if he had full knowledge of this, then this would sort of damper his character a bit, for me.

Anyway, long story short, as much as I want Bonah to happen, I don't want it to start because of an affair. It's only fair if Drew and Becky break up, first. To have Becky cheat would make look sort of hypocritical, in my eyes. So, I really hope that the plot I mentioned in the spoiler tag, isn't referring to romance. I really, really hope that it means something else, like maybe them bonding over religion.
Old 12-09-2014, 08:09 AM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Degrassi

Just a heads up, I edited the title of the thread just to let people know that it's for Becky and Jonah, as they may be some (like certain moderators with the numbers 2000 at the end of their names ) who aren't sure what the thread is for.

Anyway, I do think they have an interesting dynamic, although we haven't seen enough of Jonah to get a read on his character just yet. Still, I'm looking forward to seeing how this plays out.

Credit to the one and only kaleidocat for the avatar
JustMe2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply   Post New Thread