Gen 2- Anya, Sav & Holly J
Gen 3 - Drew, Clare, & Bianca
Gen 4- Zoe (or Miles), Zig, & Maya
ShaniaX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2016, 04:40 AM
Graphics Team Manager

Moderator of ...
Graphics Team

Perhaps you can take a look at who you all have in common in your favourites and iconic. For example the generation 2 ones seem settled and provide us pictures of those already and try to do that for each generation.
Old 07-08-2016, 06:05 PM
Elite Fan

Based on your lists so far these seem to be the common loved characters:

Generation One: Spinner, Emma, JT.
Generation Two: Anya, Holly J, Sav.
Generation Three: Adam, Drew, Clare, Bianca, Fiona.
Generation Four: Zoe, Zig, Maya, Miles.

As Mel said, generation two appears settled as you all had the same response. Generation four has Zoe, Zig, and Maya said by most so perhaps those characters should be used to represent that generation? Then generation one had a few different characters but the three I listed came up the most. It is mainly generation three which has varying opinions for you to narrow down; that is presuming everyone would be happy with the other combinations of three?

Unfortunately with boards like this favourite and iconic characters end up not being there because of the space which is a shame.
Old 07-08-2016, 06:50 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Degrassi

I'm trying to round up a few more folks to get their opinion. You caught the fandom during a bit of a hiatus. Netflix is bringing us new episodes on the 22st so I think we will see more fans trickling in. Just something to keep in mind if you guys aren't in too much of a rush to finish (we are just as excited to see it).

My picks...some my own favorites and others more popular with others:

Gen 1 - Emma, Spinner, Manny
Gen 2 - Anya, Sav, Holly J
Gen 3 - Drew, Clare, Fiona
Gen 4 - Miles, Zig, Zoe

Generation 2 was way too easy. I feel like we should consider Eli but I love you all for not picking him all. A part of me thinks we should have wheelchair Jimmy. Craig is in my heart, of course. Everyone made really good picks.

Do we need to consider who looks too much like each other at all? Variety is good.

I agree with 12 being the max. I am so impressed that you managed to fit them all in the current banner. I'm going to miss it. I've been very pleased with this color scheme and banner. Complete trust in you for the next tho!
Old 07-08-2016, 07:34 PM
Elite Fan

The Graphics Team usually takes around two weeks to complete the graphic. This round will end around the seventeenth unless we need to extend it. It is unfortunate that there is a hiatus now but I hope you can find more fans to voice their opinions. Please keep in mind that the sooner you make a decision the more time the team has to work on the banner.
Old 07-12-2016, 01:58 AM
Graphics Team Manager

not to rush you but if you could come to a decision on characters & link to pictures of them that'd really be appreciated so we can start working on this

It does look like you've got most of it decided, it is just Generation 3 & 4 which need to be narrowed down. As Rae said, these seem to be your most loved characters:
Quote:
Originally Posted by room to breathe (View Post)
For Generation 4 it looks like most like Zoe & Zig so perhaps decide between Maya & Miles?

Chelle » join GTmy art
shinebrighterxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2016, 05:56 AM
Fan Forum Star

Also do you have any ideas for colours you'd like to have?

I've got sunshine
on a cloudy day

Holly ©
kostilicious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2016, 08:01 AM
Obsessed Fan

I'd take Maya over Miles. She is the current main female on the show.
Old 07-12-2016, 08:06 PM
Graphics Team Manager

Holly i think for colours they want like what they have now - matching the logo

That makes sense to go with Maya then. How about for generation 3? Who is best to use to represent that?

Chelle » join GTmy art
shinebrighterxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2016, 01:25 AM
Dedicated Fan

Well Miles is the current Male lead, so I don´t think that´s a point to chose Maya over him. I´d rather suggest to make an exception in that generation and take all four of them (Maya, Zig, Zoe, Miles).
Okun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2016, 09:19 AM
Obsessed Fan

I may be a little bit biased. :p I like Miles a lot, but I prefer the other three. But I think almost any outcome would make me happy. I guess that would mean one of the others would only have two characters representing their class. It sort of fits, since the class with a possible four characters is the current generation, but obviously it's up to the mods to decide.
Old 07-13-2016, 12:10 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
We can include 4 for the current generation since it does sound like there is some difficulty deciding that one. Drew and Clare for Generation Three? Or do we want to do just Spinner and Emma for Generation One? Between those two generations, those characters seem most popular among you all.

Now we can start finding promotional pictures for them. And discuss what colors you all would prefer.
a fine mess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2016, 06:52 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Degrassi

We are using 12 characters right?

I was going to suggest eliminating someone from generation one since they already have been featured on the board graphic. I think Spinner and Emma both represent the series. They are a controversial romantic pairing though so don't place them near each other. Same as other characters in relationships, if this is possible. Or maybe that isn't a concern.

Shipping is a reason why Maya, Zoe, Miles, and Zig should all be included. But not placed near each other in the graphic. Unless Maya/Zoe and Miles/Zig, of course.

And this idea is going to get me in trouble I think if I start looking at the other characters.

But another thing that might please anti Spinner/Emma shippers is if the promo picture is from a different season of both of them so they don't look at the characters and think romance. For Sav and Holly J, I would chose a younger, ponytail sporting Holly J. And an older grade 12 scruffy Sav. Sav wasn't with Anya at her most stunning in their final season so this works.

Just a few thoughts.
Old 07-14-2016, 01:01 AM
Elite Fan

You do not have to cut any generation down to have four in the current generation. It just means you will have thirteen characters instead of twelve. It will make very little difference to the graphic size-wise.

I would presume that the characters from the same generation should be next to each other but we could split them up so that none of the possible couples are next to each other. If there are couples/characters who should not be next to each other please list them so that we know. The team is not familiar with the shows so this is the information that we need ASAP. I will be closing this thread on Sunday so we need to come to a conclusion before that so the team has the time to make the graphic before then.

Who do you want to include for generation three? This is what needs to be decided here. The rest of the generations are fine as they are listed in this post.

As for colours how do you feel about something like this combined with colours you already have and the Degrassi blue and yellow as you can see here?
Old 07-14-2016, 04:18 AM
Fan Forum Star

It would also be great to start giving us links to pictures so we can start the process It takes us time to do the banner. The later you give us your final decision (pictures/characters and color scheme), the less time we get to do the banner... thanks in advance.
Reply   Post New Thread