Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 02-14-2011, 10:29 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Degrassi

Blue Eyes ღ ||Clare/Aislinn|| #5: Because Aislinn is excited by the potential of angst for Clare and so are we.

ღ Welcome To The 5th CLARE/AISLINN Appreciation Thread! ღ

1. bickering love
2. lidelkewte
3. bailamicorazon
4. Justme2000
5. Mayberry
6. kukoo_bananaz
7. Nekoshoujo
8. looniejoolie
9. Oh-Canada
10. seekingforthereign59
11. simplyxjiberty
12. murphyboy11
13. nanatsuiro-rainbow
14. regiusachan
15. Tobiko
16. Janah
17. NoSeriously
18. Scribbled Pretty
19. Aubsbobs
20. All_Star07
21. mikan-chin
22. ACharmingGirl
23. Coelina
24. Penny Avenue
25. .*.~.Laura.~.*.
26. Kirdanjo
27. ForeverDegrassiFan
28. Denmark
29. saintly
30. ..:://MightyMouse\\::..
31. <3~ana_banana0217~<3
32. TheElk
33. Eva Diva
34. Emanified
35. necklace
36. deeniemaus
37. x_ALD
38. BlackHalo
39. Helllo892
40. _blueeyes
41. Tri-eyes
42. xNUABO
43. DragonNinjaAri
44. helloeinstein
45. xxzooyorkxx
46. worththeriskx
47. SupernaturalLuv
48. Unicornline
49. lovejonathanjackson
50. Emanfan642
51. Kwinks
52. Lady Azura
53. EClare_x3
54. KatieCTalksAlot

Why We Love Clare:

1. Because she is cute as a button!
2. Because she's a great friend.
3. Because she's not afraid to stand up for what she believes in.
4. Because she's sarcastic.
5. Because she's a genius.
6. Because she doesn't care what people think about her.
7. Because who else could burn someone while remaining so classy?!
8. Because she doesn't believe in violence as an answer.
9. Because she's the smart one... and the one with the hot make over.
10. Because she's a great role model.

Why We Love Aislinn:
1. Because she has talent beyond her years.
2. Because she has great taste in TV shows.
3. Because she's down to earth.
4. Because she has the most amazing eyes ever.
5. Because she rocks the vintage look.

http://www.fanforum.com/f191/clare-e...-1-a-62859655/
Blue Eyes ღ ||Clare/Aislinn|| #2: Because she doesn't need fake boobs to get boys
Blue Eyes ღ ||Clare/Aislinn|| #3: Because she's a bigger man than Eli and Fitz combined.
Blue Eyes ღ ||Clare/Aislinn|| #4: Because we love her, bad punk look and all!

Last edited by kaleidocat; 02-15-2011 at 10:32 PM
Old 02-14-2011, 10:55 PM
Loyal Fan

Oh hey! Look, it's a new thread! XD

Thanks kaleidocat!

Do you think you could add me to the list? I have no idea why I'm not on there yet...
Old 02-14-2011, 11:35 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Degrassi

The last thread appeared to be a little stuck. Just updated the thread guide so I figured I'd start this up.

Adding you Kwinks! Let me know if anyone asked to be added in previous threads and wasn't put on the list.
Old 02-15-2011, 12:39 AM
Passionate Fan

New thread! Whoo~!

EDIT: ... I could've sworn I joined this thread. Why can't I find my name?
Old 02-15-2011, 05:16 AM
Loyal Fan

I was just wondering if someone had started a new thread for this and there it was I'm not on the list either, may I please be added?

Do you guys think that Clare's divorce storyline is over? It seemed to be resolved, but Munro said in the interview that she's going through issues with her parents as well so the topic might come up again.
Old 02-15-2011, 02:23 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Do you guys think that Clare's divorce storyline is over? It seemed to be resolved, but Munro said in the interview that she's going through issues with her parents as well so the topic might come up again.
I don't think they've forgotten about her parents' divorce quite yet. Or at least, I hope they haven't.

Have they covered a kid's family going through a divorce on this show before? I can't remember off the top of my head. You'd think they would have at some point, because divorce is a pretty common thing.

I really can't think of any other issues Clare would be having with her parents besides the divorce right now...

Maybe it'll be about Clare's parents not approving of Eli?

The last time we saw Clare's parents they were moving their stuff and splitting it up, so I don't know if they've actually gotten divorced yet. There's a whole bunch of legal business you have to go through. Although it does seem as though they have everything settled: who's living where, who gets custody of Clare (both of them), all that. So I don't know if they've actually gotten to making their divorce official.

Last edited by Kwinks; 02-15-2011 at 02:32 PM
Old 02-15-2011, 03:17 PM
Dedicated Fan

Where am i??? can i be added????
Old 02-15-2011, 04:47 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kwinks (View Post)
Maybe it'll be about Clare's parents not approving of Eli?
I was wondering if we were going to get any other type of interaction between Clare's parents and Eli again. Considering how strict they were with Darcy's boyfriends, I think it would be interesting to see Eli squirm again without Clare helping the matter. I wonder what they think of him at this point after that disastrous dinner.
Old 02-15-2011, 10:30 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Degrassi

I'll add everyone who asked to be added. Sorry if you weren't added before. I usually leave that up to the thread starters but it's alright if they didn't see the person who asked to added. It's hard to keep up with adding people. I miss posts too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EClare_x3 (View Post)
Yeah, the issue felt pretty resolved to me. At least with the living arrangements. Maybe they will return to it. The only other divorce situation I can remember is the Kerwin/Isaacs, but that was post divorce and dealt more with how they deal with their new blended family.
Old 02-15-2011, 10:47 PM
Loyal Fan

I don't know. I really hope this isn't the end of the divorce storyline. I think a lot of kids would be able to identify with Clare's parental problems. Some kids are really bitter for quite a while after a divorce between their parents.

They've settled living arrangements, so they're probably already officially divorced, but I don't think Clare's going to be over it so soon. And I can definitely see that causing problems for her relationship with her parents. To Clare, it feels like her family is falling apart, and I don't think there's any way that she's not still dealing with her emotions regarding her parents splitting up. It would bother me if the show just all of a sudden acts like it never happened and Clare's totally fine.

Quote:
I wonder what they think of him at this point after that disastrous dinner.
Me too. I really want to see Eli interact with Clare's dad for some reason. I think it might have to do with the fact that Clare's dad was the parent who seemed a little more open to Eli, and also probably the fact that Mrs. Edwards seems like the more scary parent. So I can see her not being as accepting of Eli as much Clare's dad may be.

I think it would be funny if Clare developed a mother/daughter friendship with Cece, and then Eli developed a weird father/son, erm...alliance with Clare's dad. Just because I keep thinking there's a chance that Eli and his dad might not get along all that great.

None of this will probably happen though, considering Eclare seems like it's going to hell. ...
Old 02-16-2011, 02:29 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kwinks (View Post)
None of this will probably happen though, considering Eclare seems like it's going to hell. ...
Ha. Yeah. That's why I was wondering if the divorce is completley over and resolved because to me, it would seem like another reason why Clare thinks her and Eli won't work. I know that was brought up for a moment in Umbrella but it would make sense and add to their upcoming issues. I kind of hope that Clare's parents' divorce does contribute to her wanting to take a step back from Eli, and not that everything is merely Eli's fault with him suddenly becoming suffocating.
Old 02-16-2011, 04:39 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Ha. Yeah. That's why I was wondering if the divorce is completley over and resolved because to me, it would seem like another reason why Clare thinks her and Eli won't work. I know that was brought up for a moment in Umbrella but it would make sense and add to their upcoming issues. I kind of hope that Clare's parents' divorce does contribute to her wanting to take a step back from Eli, and not that everything is merely Eli's fault with him suddenly becoming suffocating.
Yeah. The relationship between a person's parents can definitely have an effect on how that person views their own relationships with other people.

I think it would be interesting if Clare was exaggerating Eli's clinginess because she's afraid of their relationship turning out like her parents. Maybe she thinks Eli's being too suffocating because she's in a bad place, so she really doesn't want to be too close to anyone in a romantic way, especially Eli, because of how different they are. She might think that their break-up is inevitable because of their differences, and she may try to distance herself out of fear of getting hurt. Maybe Eli seems to be acting too attached simply because Clare doesn't want to be attached at all. So in comparison to her trying to distance herself, Eli's willingness to be with her may appear to her like he's being suffocating, especially if her attempt to distance herself is subconscious.

And maybe she doesn't explain that to him, so Eli is confused as to why she thinks he's being so suffocating and maybe he's confused as to why she's trying to pull away from him, and she won't tell him, and out of fear of losing her, he clings tighter. And then Eli won't explain his worries to her, whatever they may be (his hoarding, Julia, Fitz, her being distant), and then Clare won't understand why he's all of a sudden being so clingy, and that will make her pull away even more. I think Eli will start to be clingy, but then that dependent behavior may be exacerbated by Clare trying to pull away, and Clare may end up over-exaggerating how bad it is.

I think it will be a lack of understanding and communication that causes problems for them.

But all couples have their flaws. So hopefully, they'll get through this, realize what their issues are, and either fix the lack of communication, or agree to take a break and get together later when they get their lives straightened out.

Last edited by Kwinks; 02-16-2011 at 04:45 PM
Old 02-16-2011, 04:51 PM
Dedicated Fan

maybe next season Clare's dad transfers or gets a job somewhere else and asks Clare to move with him.... just a thought.
Old 02-21-2011, 04:10 PM
Passionate Fan

Found this on Tumblr. Had a good laugh.

Old 02-21-2011, 04:16 PM
Master Fan

^ haha! I have to admit I ship Clare/Fiona now.
I think it would be cool to see those two become friends. I always liked the Alli/Clare friendship but I think she fits a little better with Adam and Eli. Seeing her have a girlfriend that's a little more like herself: creative, not into the social scene, etc. would be something really different for her. With HJ and Fi being so close and the Misfits being so close I'd love to see a situation were Fiona chooses to rely on Clare for some reason or vice versa.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread