Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 04-23-2012, 10:15 AM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nekoshoujo (View Post)
I'm really hoping that this episode explores Bianca in terms of how her reputation conflicts with where she's trying to go in her life and what that means to her. We've seen Bianca fall back on her rep when things get tough and she's know for pushing people away and downplaying how she feels to protect herself and I don't think this plot will be any different.
I hope so too. I've always had a feeling she had a similar past to, say, Alex. She seems to have grown up having to look out for herself, and every time she lets down her walls or tries to fit in - like in TWWGB, when her and Drew first started going out - she's rejected. Especially by the girls, who view her as a threat because first of all she's hot, and second of all she doesn't take anyone's crap. Or when she finally finds something good in her life... it all goes to hell, like when Anson showed up and then the whole ordeal with Vince.

It's very easy to understand why she is the way she is, even from what little information we've been given about her.

Quote:
What I'm really hoping for is for someone to step in and tell Bianca that it doesn't have to be that way. That they know she's good at heart and that she's going to be successful. Based on the promos (and my own personal hopes) I think that person could be Audra. Considering what Audra thought of Bianca in the beginning that would say a lot about where they've come, how Bianca has changed since the beginning of the season, and what her time spent with the Torres family has been like.
That COULD be the reason why. Ever since I saw the promo with Bianca and Audra, I've been looking forward to seeing that scene. It's possible that Audra steps in as a sort of mother-figure, since I doubt that Bianca's ever had any positive female role models.

Also, I find it interesting how they have similar personalities. All of the girls Drew has dated (well, Katie only when she was first introduced) have these very domineering personalities... I could see Bianca growing up to be a Mama Bear like Audra.

Quote:
This would all easily tie into Katie. They're basically opposites. Katie is the perfect good girl who excels at everything and that's what people expect from her. But under the surface there's something a little darker than and I fully expect that to come out in the next episode.
It kind of reminds me of that make up scene with Bianca and Imogen, where Bianca was telling her that she was going through a lot of stuff and Imogen had said something along the lines of thinking Bianca was cool, and then Bianca was like, "Trust me, you don't want to get involved." Then she told Imogen that she was good. I feel like she'll react to Katie in a similar manner, albeit more harsher since Katie's treating her like crap. Katie's probably been sheltered her entire life and would never have strayed from the straight and narrow path UNTIL she hurt her knee and got hooked on Codeine. Now she's probably like, "Welp, I've got nothing else going for me so SCREW THE RULES!"

Bianca, on the other hand, HAS been exposed to that kind of life style and KNOWS how dangerous it can be. She'll try to warn Katie but Katie, who already sees her as a threat and thinks she'll steal Drew at the drop of a hat, probably won't listen.

Quote:
I would also love a Badam scene! <3 If that's not too much to ask for~~
Me too!
Old 04-24-2012, 10:07 AM
Passionate Fan

Teen Nick just released some photos from the next episode.

Is that Maya in the background? I think it is. So Bianca's gonna be at Katie's house at some point.

Bianca looks really torn. What if Katie is blackmailing her or something? Like what if, since Bianca wants to start over or whatever, she's trying to get involved with some kind of extracurricular and Katie's like, "Well, you need to help me get some more Codeine." I mean, if her addiction really is getting worse, then I'm sure her mom and Maya have noticed more pills disappearing, and since Bianca has a history with dealing drugs (even if she didn't want to) Katie asks her to score her some?

I'm guessing this is when she sees Katie dancing with that random guy and storms over.

Arriving at the club, which we already saw in a promo a while back. Unless it's one of those fictional "teenage" clubs, my guess is they have fake IDs.

Old 04-24-2012, 11:55 AM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Degrassi

Thanks for posting those, but try not to double post (especially if the last post was less than 48 hours prior). Just edit your last post.

Now, on to the pictures. That definitely is Maya, which makes me very happy to see that she'll at least put in an appearance in Friday's episode. I get the sense from the write-ups that Bianca is kinda desperate for a female friend, and Katie (going back to that conversation about trusting Drew she had with Marisol in Nowhere to Run) throws an olive branch Bianca's way. I don't know if there's any blackmail or anything like that going on, but I do suspect that at some point Katie will hit her up for a connection and Bianca feeling guilty (it's possible this could happen after she kisses Drew) or still desperate to keep her relationship with Katie, "helps" her out.

Credit to the one and only kaleidocat for the avatar
JustMe2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 01:18 PM
Master Fan

In that first picture Katie is cut off but maybe she's lying to Maya and Bianca feels weird about it? This could be as they're getting ready to go out together or after. I think after would probably make more sense considering what Katie says to Bi in one of those promos- looked like they were in Katie's kitchen.

I could see Bi trying to befriend Katie but from these promos it doesn't seem like Katie has any intention of being BFFs. I'm guessing it's more like a keep your friends close, enemies closer situation.
Old 04-24-2012, 02:26 PM
Part-Time Fan

That could very well be it.

But seriously, I'm just so happy that we're finally getting an A-plot from Bianca's point of view. Drop it Like it's Hot was one of my favorite episodes in Now or Never solely because of the Bianca plot, and I've been dying to see more from her POV ever since. This looks like a very promising episode to me! (:
Old 04-24-2012, 02:59 PM
Master Fan

^ Agreed! It's waaaaay overdue! Hopefully this is the first of many A-plots for our girl
Old 04-24-2012, 05:28 PM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustMe2000 (View Post)
Thanks for posting those, but try not to double post (especially if the last post was less than 48 hours prior). Just edit your last post.
Oh, my bad. Sorry, I was in a bit of a rush so I wasn't really paying attention. I'll try not to do that again!

Quote:
I don't know if there's any blackmail or anything like that going on, but I do suspect that at some point Katie will hit her up for a connection and Bianca feeling guilty (it's possible this could happen after she kisses Drew) or still desperate to keep her relationship with Katie, "helps" her out.
I could definitely see that too.

Quote:
I could see Bi trying to befriend Katie but from these promos it doesn't seem like Katie has any intention of being BFFs. I'm guessing it's more like a keep your friends close, enemies closer situation.
Oh, most likely. Especially since her addiction is probably making her even more paranoid than usual.
Old 04-27-2012, 07:31 PM
Fan Forum Hero

May I be added?
Old 04-27-2012, 07:41 PM
Passionate Fan

Of course!
Old 04-28-2012, 12:39 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I'm beginning to like Bianca because of Drew. He brings out the likable side of her.
Old 04-28-2012, 05:43 PM
Master Fan

So Bianca's first A-plot led to another great episode. One of the few from 11.5 I really liked anyway. I'm so glad she's turning over a new leaf. But she still has her Bianca fire - spraying Katie with the hose? Win~ I liked seeing her explore the college application process. I hope in the end she chooses to try for college.

I also liked the Simpson/Bianca scene a lot. It reminded me of how Simpson rooted for Sean back in the day. It would be cool if this is explored more.
Old 04-28-2012, 06:29 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Heartstopper

Can I be added please?
nick ♥ charlie
jordan ○ icon
Simon Spier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 08:20 PM
Passionate Fan

^ Sure thing!

Quote:
I'm so glad she's turning over a new leaf. But she still has her Bianca fire - spraying Katie with the hose? Win~
Agreed. I mean, she's definitely changed, especially when you compare her to what she was like in the Boiling Point, but she's still very Bianca. I like that she hasn't become unrecognizable or anything, which I was kind of worried about for a while.

Quote:
I liked seeing her explore the college application process. I hope in the end she chooses to try for college.
I hope so too!

Quote:
I also liked the Simpson/Bianca scene a lot. It reminded me of how Simpson rooted for Sean back in the day. It would be cool if this is explored more.
It was a really nice scene, wasn't it?
Old 04-30-2012, 06:06 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Heartstopper

I totally agree! I love that she is trying to change but she is still Bianca
nick ♥ charlie
jordan ○ icon
Simon Spier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 06:30 PM
Passionate Fan

Here be some Hollaback Girl (Part 2) photos...

So... looks like Bianca and Mama Torres are gonna have a heart-to-heart. I AM EXCITE.
Reply   Post New Thread