Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 04-07-2016, 11:17 AM
Obsessed Fan

You mean with Maya? I don't know. It seems so unlikely for me. The Maya/Zoe conflict seems to be over and there are still things Grace hasn't told Maya, I assume Maya finding out about her illness will mean all is forgiven and that only Zig will be on her bad side. I guess when it comes to not trashing Zig, I've found it hard not to trust the writers. It's clear there will never be a time where he isn't the one in the wrong, and even in situations where he's a victim (with Zoe), it will never be acknowledged. Feminism, my ass.

Agreed. With Zoe's character the way she currently is, there are countless story lines they could write for her and almost anything would work since Zoe is an unpredictable character. But a pregnancy plot seems too easy and like it's punishing the characters for having sex. I still say losing Maya and Grace should be more than enough punishment.

All in all, the story line was mishandled and I can't take it seriously when people praise the writers for queer baiting and don't see anything wrong with how Grace behaved. I mean, she said nothing about being straight for MONTHS. I'm sorry, but this is something that would never happen in the real world. The utter stupidity takes me out of the show itself and I can't believe they really pulled that. Bravo. Using one of the only same sex ships to prove a point about straight people. Cutting edge.

I could buy Grace/Maya over Zig/Grace. Easily. I hate that Grace is so anti Zig, though. Yes, she could be a little rude in the past, but I never doubted that she cared about Zig. That was clear in both seasons 13 and 14. But now it's like she's written him off completely and considers him her best friend's slightly annoying boyfriend and not much else when that was never the case. She was, after all, Zig's and Tiny's friend before Maya's.
Old 04-08-2016, 12:56 AM
Dedicated Fan

With blowing up I meant the video for Zoe and Maya in regards of Grace. To let Maya forgive because Grace has CF is something Grace - how we know her - wouldn´t want cause she wants no pity. But if they want to mess up Grace more in regards to her former shown virtues they might take that road.

Moved the Grace part to the Gracevas thread:
http://www.fanforum.com/85679565-post108.html

The rubber room gang sure needs some mending. I still hope Tiny gets involved. And even though I don´t expect it to happen but I´d like to see Zig and Grace talk it out because right now you can hardly call them friends.
Okun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2016, 11:58 AM
Obsessed Fan

Oh. I still have my doubts about that video ever being mentioned again. If I'm wrong, I'll be thrilled and depending on how things are written, praise the writers for getting that one thing right. But the video itself was a plot device for the Maya/Hunter story line and now that it's served its purpose, I have a feeling that's the end of it. We know Zig never holds Zoe accountable for anything and the show often doesn't, either, hence Zig is the worst but everyone else is just making mistakes.

I feel the same way. A good discussion would do most of these characters some good, but for Zig and Grace, especially, they really need it. Personally, it would annoy me if Grace held a grudge over this. I hate that Zig cheated and hurt Maya, too, but they were ALL friends at one point and Grace doesn't have much of a reason to be mad at Zig after her part in what went down.
Old 04-09-2016, 12:15 AM
Dedicated Fan

Agreed about the video and Grace. We´ll just have to wait and see how it plays out next season.
Okun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2016, 10:43 AM
Obsessed Fan

True. Now if we could just get a promo. I mean, it's April. This is ridiculous.