Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 11-02-2014, 11:00 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by IBelieveInMiracles (View Post)
^Yes, true very true. It was a mistake to shove Tristan and Miles into this storyline. Especially with pretty much non-existent development and all kinds of unfinished business with Maya. Poorly written indeed.
I didn't even see much of a relationship or much interaction after they were in Paris. He seemed to pay a lot of attention to Maya.
Shipper Of: Holly J Sinclair and Declan Coyne, Degrassi's Power Couple, Sean Cameron and Emma Nelson, JT and Liberty, Drew and Bianca, Miles and Maya, Rob and Kristen Maddie and Wes, Riley and Lucas, Josh and Maya and Chuck and Blair, Jesse McKenna and Becca Thatcher and Simone and Eric Daniel and Noa, Max and Liz, Nikolas and Gia, Monse and Cesar and Ariana and Pete, Josh and Donna and Spencer and Trina, Miles and Lola
Holland Fan Forever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2014, 03:13 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holland Fan Forever (View Post)
I didn't even see much of a relationship or much interaction after they were in Paris. He seemed to pay a lot of attention to Maya.
its not that, I'm still not sure if he's into tristan.
Old 11-18-2014, 08:19 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuVe2LoVe (View Post)
its not that, I'm still not sure if he's into tristan.
It would help if Maya wasn't brought up all the time even in "Can't Stop This Thing We Started" and I wasn't expecting that and yes this episode showed that Miles did love Maya. I think that when it all comes down to it, that this whole storyline is all about Miles all the time and even when we do see Tristan's point of view he only sees what he wants to see and this is the same mistake that he made with Yates and yes, something is wrong with Miles and Tristan has no clue anything is even wrong and Tristan clearly doesn't know Miles very well even as a friend.
Shipper Of: Holly J Sinclair and Declan Coyne, Degrassi's Power Couple, Sean Cameron and Emma Nelson, JT and Liberty, Drew and Bianca, Miles and Maya, Rob and Kristen Maddie and Wes, Riley and Lucas, Josh and Maya and Chuck and Blair, Jesse McKenna and Becca Thatcher and Simone and Eric Daniel and Noa, Max and Liz, Nikolas and Gia, Monse and Cesar and Ariana and Pete, Josh and Donna and Spencer and Trina, Miles and Lola
Old 11-19-2014, 02:43 AM
Elite Fan

Dp, sorry.
"Love is the best thing we do" ~Ted, HIMYM"Have courage and be kind." "Where there is kindness there is goodness. And where there is goodness there is magic."~ Cinderella "Men always choose the wrong things. They stalk power and wealth and frivolous things they think will make them whole. And it never does. It never does. Choose love. Choose your own path. Those are the roads to travel." ~The Royals Icon by http://alexia-drake.livejournal.com/

Last edited by IBelieveInMiracles; 11-19-2014 at 04:38 PM
IBelieveInMiracles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2014, 02:44 AM
Elite Fan

I think these two are actually making even less sense as a couple as time passes. It seems like the don't have anything in common. And you don't have to like everything the person you're dating is and what not, but I feel Tristan and Miles literally have nothing in common. Like what do they even talk about? I feel like the writers didn't even stop to think if these two actually made any sense together, it was just like ooh shock value, let's do it. Plus when Miles says things like I just needed someone, it makes it sound like he would've accepted affection from anybody who was willing to give it to him, like Tristan isn't special he was just there. I know Miles mentioned the kissing but it still wasn't convincing. I think Eric actually looks uncomfortable with Tristan sometimes like when they have to just kind of sit there and look like a couple, it doesn't work. I'm sorry, but these two just look weird together. Not because it's two dudes but because they just don't mesh well together at all.
"Love is the best thing we do" ~Ted, HIMYM"Have courage and be kind." "Where there is kindness there is goodness. And where there is goodness there is magic."~ Cinderella "Men always choose the wrong things. They stalk power and wealth and frivolous things they think will make them whole. And it never does. It never does. Choose love. Choose your own path. Those are the roads to travel." ~The Royals Icon by http://alexia-drake.livejournal.com/

Last edited by IBelieveInMiracles; 11-19-2014 at 04:39 PM
IBelieveInMiracles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2014, 02:59 PM
Passionate Fan

^ Miles WOULD accept affection from anyone. He's desperate for it since he doesn't get it at home. That's what his entire character arc is about; him latching onto anyone who will satisfy that void. First it was Maya (well, Zoe, but Miles never seemed too invested in that fling) and when that went south, he moved onto Tristan.
Old 11-19-2014, 05:04 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Azura (View Post)
^ Miles WOULD accept affection from anyone. He's desperate for it since he doesn't get it at home. That's what his entire character arc is about; him latching onto anyone who will satisfy that void. First it was Maya (well, Zoe, but Miles never seemed too invested in that fling) and when that went south, he moved onto Tristan.
I believe we just spoke about this lady azura
Old 11-19-2014, 05:14 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by IBelieveInMiracles (View Post)
I think these two are actually making even less sense as a couple as time passes. It seems like the don't have anything in common. And you don't have to like everything the person you're dating is and what not, but I feel Tristan and Miles literally have nothing in common. Like what do they even talk about? I feel like the writers didn't even stop to think if these two actually made any sense together, it was just like ooh shock value, let's do it. Plus when Miles says things like I just needed someone, it makes it sound like he would've accepted affection from anybody who was willing to give it to him, like Tristan isn't special he was just there. I know Miles mentioned the kissing but it still wasn't convincing. I think Eric actually looks uncomfortable with Tristan sometimes like when they have to just kind of sit there and look like a couple, it doesn't work. I'm sorry, but these two just look weird together. Not because it's two dudes but because they just don't mesh well together at all.
I think that Tristan is really just a warm body to Miles and clearly Miles is a mess and Maya is the only one who has any idea that anything is wrong and if Tristan is such a great friend and boyfriend why doesn't he see something is wrong and Maya sees right away that yes, something is wrong even if Miles isn't able to talk about it yet. I think that Tristan thinks more of and wants more of this relationship than Miles does and clearly Maya broke his heart and she still has feelings for Miles too as Grace pointed out and Tristan knew all of this so it's hard to feel sorry for him when he brought all of this drama on himself in my opinion. I sent you a PM, IBelieveInMiracles.
Old 11-19-2014, 05:20 PM
Fan Forum Hero

the whole of wiki hates these two well most of them
Old 11-19-2014, 05:34 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I think that Miles will get bored eventually with Tristan just like Zoe said he would and I think that Tristan will end up with a broken heart because Miles views him as a warm body who was just there and that could've been anyone and I don't know what Tristan expects to happen when we've now heard more than once that Maya broke his heart and oh, yes, she's in this storyline now whether Tristan wants to acknowledge it or not and Tristan only sees what he wants to see in others and it happened with Mr. Yates and it will happen again with Miles because Tristan clearly cannot see anything is wrong with Miles because he clearly doesn't know much about or have anything in common with him so what exactly are they going to talk about?
Old 11-20-2014, 09:36 AM
Part-Time Fan

After last nights episode, Triles haters are shouting: "Miles just admitted to USING Tristan to fill a void. See, we told you!!" When that wasn't really the case at all. He was trying to get his best guy friend to understand. "Yes, I like his company, but I also enjoy being with him and everything that comes with it. Kissing, cuddling, etc." Is what he was meaning. Just because this relationship started after his heartbreak with Maya, does not mean the next person he goes to is to fill a void in that's it. Why do any of us date? To fill a void of lonley ness only the sense of companionship can replace. That's exactly what went on with his relationship with Maya. Furthermore, if this was all just a facade, Miles is going REALLY out of his way to make it known he is dating Tristan. I would think if it wasn't sincere he would want it to be very DL but to each their own. If anything, TRISTAN is the one at fault here. While Miles is geniunely in this for love, a big part of Tristan's side is just happy that he now has a boyfriend he can be loud and proud about meanwhile being ignorant to what's really going on inside Mile's head. Then again, that's just Tristans character.
Xhin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2014, 10:47 AM
Fan Forum Hero

If Maya and Miles were supposed to be so over then I think that Maya wouldn't be in this storyline in the first place and she could easily be in another storyline and I think that the same could be said for Miles but Tristan has and still is written as nothing more than a stereotype and I think that Miles wanted his father's attention too and now he has it. Perhaps if Tristan wasn't so oblivious to what is going on with Miles and his complete failure to even see that anything is even remotely wrong shows that Tristan knows nothing about Miles and that makes him a bad friend and boyfriend but I've always thought that Tristan is like a five year old in that no matter what friends he may have he always seems to want to be friends with the new kid and the more flashy they are the better. I think that Maya wouldn't be in this storyline for no reason and Miles let Maya into his life in a way that he just hasn't and won't with Tristan and this storyline does nothing positive or constructive for Tristan but the writers never have done much with Imogen or Alex and I think that this whole storyline will be all about Miles all the time and that in the end Miles will break Tristan's heart just like Winston and Zoe in my opinion foreshadowed.

Last edited by Holland Fan Forever; 11-20-2014 at 10:53 AM
Old 11-21-2014, 06:21 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I don't really know why they're popular, like seriously.
Old 11-21-2014, 11:16 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuVe2LoVe (View Post)
I don't really know why they're popular, like seriously.
I am not sure what other people expect to happen with this storyline but, I've never thought that's ever a good sign when someone's ex is in the new storyline and let's be honest Maya could have her own storyline that has nothing to do with Miles or Tristan but it's clear that she still has feelings for Miles and Tristan knew this and still decided to pursue a relationship with him. I don't think that Miles feelings for Maya just went away overnight and she knows Miles well and Winston's conversation with Miles in the last episode made me realize that he's also may eventually get the idea that something is wrong with Miles and that Tristan is the odd one out in this storyline.
Old 11-22-2014, 03:41 PM
Passionate Fan

I honestly don't think this storyline is going to end in Matlingsworth. I think Maya's involvement in it stems from still caring about Miles (she didn't break up with him because she didn't love him anymore - she did it because his behaviour scared her and on top of that, he nearly slept with Zoe and maybe would have had Winston not intervened) but also to bring closure to the whole Cam thing. They've been dropping hints and parallels between Cam and Miles since the beginning.

I don't know if Miles ever truly loved her. I don't think he knowingly or intentionally uses his romantic relationships to substitute the lack of affection he receives at home, but that’s what he seems to be doing. I don’t think he’s in love with Tristan at all. I just think Tristan currently fills the void that Maya used to fill. That said, I don’t think Matlingsworth is done for good either and maybe the next time they get together, Miles will be genuinely in love with her rather than just looking to her as the only thing in his life that makes him happy. Miles needs to be happy with HIMSELF first.

But this storyline isn’t about Matlingsworth, at least not romantically. I see them maybe forming a friendship (since they kind of skipped over that and dove right into a relationship) out of this but nothing more. Personally, I don’t think they should give said relationship another go for a while - not until Miles is happy with himself, not until Maya gets some serious counselling regarding her guilt over Cam and understands that it’s not her job to save everyone, etc. I’m all for a friendship, though.
Reply   Post New Thread