Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 07-20-2010, 07:46 PM
Extreme Fan

Anti-Spinner/Emma #1 – Invalidating the show’s entire history is when you know you’ve gone too far

If ever there were a ship to deserve an anti-thread...

I honestly don't even feel like I am exaggerating when I say they are the worst thing to happen to the show. Anything I’ve ever disliked doesn’t even compare to this atrocity. Thinking about them is like being repeatedly kicked in the stomach. Any self-respecting fan of the show would not just accept them together, so I can’t even begin to believe how they could have a fanbase. They have no chemistry, no build up, no anything. It’s one thing to have them get married but for them to stay married is such a ****ing disgrace and slap in the face to people who have follow this show closely for years. The way everyone acted towards their decision to stay together was completely bizarre and unrealistic. This entire relationship is the most pathetic thing I’ve ever seen and has given me a new appreciation for nearly every couple on the show (past or present) who is not them. I just hope the writers are pleased with themselves for making nine freaking seasons of the show irrelevant. This sad excuse for a relationship clearly symbolizes the fact that they have absolutely no respect for the fans or their opinions.[/rant]

1st
Anti-Spinner & Emma Thread

Official Anti-Spemma Livejournal Community

The Haters:
1. TaftCat
2. kaleidocat
3. All_Star07
4. Kathryn_Ann
5. NoSeriously
6. Christy January
7. LidelKewte
8. .dEpp.
9. Lala land Girl
10. JackieKelsoforever
11. Tryst
12. PurplexMoon
13. Let The Ball Drop
14. padfootsprincess02
15. girlwithkaleidoscope_eyes
16. Honey20092010
17. EyeScream
18. Hermione Granger
19. that's a bingo
20. mysticintentions
21. Whitney86
22. Denmark
23. Benji
24. Holland Fan Forever
25. deeniemaus
26. lovejonathanjackson
27. forgottenwordsx
28. varjak-golightly
29. Penny Avenue
30. Crystal_Ann
31. DollyJfan4life

Last edited by TaftCat; 01-10-2011 at 11:16 PM
Old 07-20-2010, 07:51 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Degrassi

I was wondering when someone was going to start this up. I am praying to God they weren't paired up for some spin off. They don't hate the fans that much do they?

Add me.
Old 07-20-2010, 07:59 PM
Extreme Fan

Probably not as much as they love Crellie. I never want to see these two grace my screen again unless they're getting divorced. Adding!
Old 07-20-2010, 08:06 PM
Part-Time Fan

Amen to this. Seriously. This is the funniest thing I have ever seen. Please add me.

I understand that the writers wanted this to be a goodbye to the original cast members, and wrap it all up nicely in a little box, but this was ridiculous and stupid. Emma just comes out of NOWHERE and they get drunk and get married. OK, I get that. But staying together!? It was unrealistic and honestly the dumbest thing Degrassi could have done. I know Spinner was mad at Jane, but they can't just let go of each other so quickly. How can they say the love each other and want to spend their lives together? Maybe I missed something, but I'm pretty sure that in 10 seasons, absolutely nothing has lead up to that.

Frustrated!
Old 07-20-2010, 08:14 PM
Extreme Fan

Glad you agree. Added.

I'm wondering why none of the other cast members objected to such a ridiculous storyline?
Old 07-20-2010, 08:20 PM
Part-Time Fan

I just don't comprehend it. It seems like the other characters were surprised at first, but then ended up not just going along with it, but ENCOURAGING it. I will forever question the writers sanity after this.
Old 07-20-2010, 08:25 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Probably not as much as they love Crellie. I never want to see these two grace my screen again unless they're getting divorced.
Hey hey hey hey hey now. Spinner and Emma actually acted on their impulse instead of waiting 10,000 seasons to act on it and kiss in an airport.
Old 07-20-2010, 08:30 PM
Loyal Fan

add me please!

It was just so ridiculous. Are the writers trying to get people to hate them? Spemma wasn't even a popular UC ship. It was just bred from the convenience of having Shane and Miriam available to appear in the movie. Spinner marrying Emma is about as random as him marrying Liberty.

It really is a slap in the face to fans. If anything just because of how rushed it was. It was pushed on us and we didn't even have time to digest it before it was made permanent. I could have handled them deciding to date or something..but to have a beach wedding and trade "I Love Yous" just like that. I'm sorry but hell no. This has to be some kind of joke.
Old 07-20-2010, 09:14 PM
Dedicated Fan

Absolutely add me.

The most pointless, stupid, 'wrap up' the writers could have possibly gone for. Made no sense & was completely out of character for both of them. Since when were they even friends, let alone when have they had enough chemistry to be a wedded couple after a few days? I was offended that they thought fans might actually think it made sense or would take what they just shoved in our face in 90 minutes.
Old 07-20-2010, 09:20 PM
Loyal Fan

@stefanbrogren I still can't believe it was ok for Emma to marry Spin. NOT ok. (via @GutterxFlower) I agree! Emma could do better!
about 2 hours ago via Twitter for iPhone

? Is he joking? Being sarcastic? Hinting at something?
Old 07-20-2010, 09:23 PM
Obsessed Fan

Add me please. This was the worst thing I think Degrassi has ever done - and that's saying something.
Old 07-20-2010, 10:10 PM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christy January (View Post)
Add me please. This was the worst thing I think Degrassi has ever done - and that's saying something.
Agreed. You can add me too.
Old 07-20-2010, 11:16 PM
Extreme Fan

This show no longer makes sense to me.

I understand Spinner was hurt, but marrying the girl you've barely talked to for years... and then realizing you love her. Oh jeez.

Add me.

let's talk about the 90's [ ♥ ]
Old 07-20-2010, 11:22 PM
Dedicated Fan

I know. Tons of characters on this show have been hurt plenty of times over. None of them have done anything this stupid. Made no sense.
Old 07-20-2010, 11:27 PM
Obsessed Fan

That's not even what bothers me - it's the 'love' nonsense. This kind of thing does happen, but it would have made a lot more sense for them to have them back up and try to get to know one another before deciding to stay together. But superpacing it that way was just dumb.

They want to put a random couple together? Fine. Go nuts. But don't slap it together and call it love and expect us to buy it.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread