Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 05-05-2012, 12:34 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squall_L. (View Post)
And that, ladies and gentlemen, is exactly why he has fans. It doesn't matter that he's an absolutely horrible person and sucks with whoever he's paired up with and is a crappy brother to Adam, and Luke Bilyk can't act for ****. As long as he looks like Taylor Lautner, people will forgive whatever he does.
I agree, but his cheating ways do get to me.
Old 05-05-2012, 09:05 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by loganandroryforever (View Post)
I agree, but his cheating ways do get to me.
His cheating gets to me, but that's not the main thing I hate about him. For me it's more the Gary Stuness, homophobia and the fact that he's a terrible brother to Adam.

"YES OF COURSE I IRON MY UNDERWEAR. I AM NOT A HEATHEN EMMETT."
Squall_L. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 06:54 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squall_L. (View Post)
His cheating gets to me, but that's not the main thing I hate about him. For me it's more the Gary Stuness, homophobia and the fact that he's a terrible brother to Adam.
and he always cheats on the girls he's with. :roll eyes:
Old 05-14-2012, 07:06 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by loganandroryforever (View Post)
and he always cheats on the girls he's with. :roll eyes:
Yep, that too.

Old 08-14-2012, 12:09 AM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Degrassi

Why do I have a feeling that all of Drew's actions are going to continue to be excused as "oh he hit his head" and not that he is being irresponsible? I'm hoping I'm wrong and there will be some parallel with Bianca attempting to better her situation and advance in school and with how Drew cannot manage his money and made a mistake by dropping out of school.

I have to admit that when I saw him on the motorcycle I was hoping he'd fall off and hit his head again.
Old 08-14-2012, 05:26 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaleidocat (View Post)
Why do I have a feeling that all of Drew's actions are going to continue to be excused as "oh he hit his head" and not that he is being irresponsible? I'm hoping I'm wrong and there will be some parallel with Bianca attempting to better her situation and advance in school and with how Drew cannot manage his money and made a mistake by dropping out of school.

I have to admit that when I saw him on the motorcycle I was hoping he'd fall off and hit his head again.
I agree completely. him trying to win Bianca back.
Old 08-14-2012, 09:36 PM
New Fan

I don't know how Drew gets enough money to buy a 3D t.v and a motorcylce by just working at a mall.
kyliee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 10:07 PM
Part-Time Fan

This past week had me confused and annoyed by Drew. First off, how many cellphones did he really sell? Basketball tickets and a stay at a hotel sounds like reasonable purchases but the tv and a motorcycle?? Does he also work at Holt Renfrew? That would be the only plausible explanation Or maybe Hipster sells drugs

So glad him and Mama Torres had their talk--also pleased the concussion wasn't forgotten. So what Drew--just because you feel so much better doesn't mean it goes away. These things always come back when you least expect it.
Eva Diva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 10:26 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Degrassi

Is anyone else irritated with how Drew has been treating his mother? During Building a Mystery when he and Bianca met up with her at The Dot I realized that I don't even remember why he moved out or why he is hold this grudge against her. I guess he is just trying to show that he is capable of making his own decisions (ehhhh...) but he just comes across looking like such a spoiled brat.
Old 11-18-2012, 05:54 AM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaleidocat (View Post)
I don't even remember why he moved out or why he is hold this grudge against her... he just comes across looking like such a spoiled brat.
I only vaguely remember what happened -- it had something to do with the concussion and how she was being too controlling. I think. Actually, scratch that, I don't remember either! But I also agree with what you said in the ep discussion post -- that this whole storyline feels like one giant setup for Audra to realize she was wrong and that Drew's all grown up and responsible on his own.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eva Diva (View Post)
Or maybe Hipster sells drugs
I know you were joking but that I would LOVE that. We need an episode in which Bianca gets suspicious of Drew's massive income and discovers that he's been selling drugs this whole time. This is the only explanation. Naturally this would lead her to call off the engagement. Everybody wins!
mellifluouscloud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 10:27 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Degrassi

Yeah, I want something like that too with Drew, but I'm certainly holding my breath on anything like that happening.

As for Audra, yeah, I have that horrible feeling it's heading down the same road you described. At least Audra still mentions Drew's health issues- she seems to be the only one, though.

Oh and I still want to know why from a parental standpoint, it's Audra and only Audra who seems to have to deal with the issues these kids have.

Yeah, I know it's probably because the show doesn't have a big enough budget, but come on there's just way too much stuff that has gone on with these kids to have it all fall on one parent.

Credit to the one and only kaleidocat for the avatar
JustMe2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 09:52 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Degrassi

Are we ready for President Drew?

Yeah.....the possibility is frightening, isn't it. Even for a fictional high school.

Credit to the one and only kaleidocat for the avatar
JustMe2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 09:23 AM
Master Fan

Oh God no don't let him be the president I hate how he used Alli and Katie
Old 04-02-2013, 12:08 AM
Part-Time Fan

I posted an "essay" of sorts on LJ that I thought you people may be interested in. Link. Here's the final summary of it:

Quote:
That’s twenty psychopathy traits. To put this into perspective, Edward Cullen did not meet these many traits. Edward really is a mass murdering, stalking, abusive, misogynistic psycho who frequently fantasizes about torturing and brutally murdering any boy who dares to talk to Bella, and at one point fantasized about genocide. And yet Edward did not meet this many criteria. Here are some lovely quotes from Wardo:

Chapter 1:

And her blood would cool, while I murdered the others.

The scent punished me, closing my throat with dry aching…

So the witnesses first then.

I mapped it out in my head. I was in the middle of the room, the furthest row in the back. I would take my right side first. I could snap four or five of their necks per second, I estimated. It would not be noisy. The right side would be the lucky side; they would not see me coming. Moving around the front and back up the left side, it would take me, at most, five seconds to end every life in this room.

Long enough for Bella Swan to see, briefly, what was coming for her. Long enough for her to feel fear. Long enough, maybe, if shock didn’t freeze her in place, for her to work up a scream. One soft scream that would not bring anyone running.

Chapter 5: (This about Mike Newton, when the poor guy is aksin Bella out.)

Though this insignificant, undeserving boy might not be the one that Bella would say yes to, I yearned to crush his skull in my hand, to let him stand as a representative for whoever it would be.

Chapter 9:

I wanted his death so savagely that the need for it rang in my ears and clouded my sight and was a flavor on my tongue. My muscles were coiled with the urgency, the craving, the necessity of it. I had to kill him. I would peel him slowly apart, piece by piece, skin from muscle, muscle from bone…

This is from whenever Jacob tells Bella about the "Cold Ones," this unknowingly breaking the treaty. This is his IMMEDIATE first thought:

Chapter 10:

I supposed this meant I was now free to slaughter the small, defenseless tribe on the coastline, were I so inclined. Ephraim and his pack of protectors were long dead…

Like I said, Edward Cullen did not meet as man psychopathy traits as Drew. The character who did is Bella Swan. Bella has, at times, planned on faking her death and never seeing her parents ever again whenever she would become a Meyerpire, told Wardo that she would still love him even if were still killing people, told Wardo that his desire to go out and murder and eat people when being newly Meyerpired sounds "reasonable" (before he told her he was only killing supposed bad guys), knows that the Newborn army in Eclipse that has been killing hundreds of people is because of Victoria's fixation on her and yet she never thinks about the people who died, and many, many other things. One could literally list a hundred examples of how awful Bella is and keeping going. And Drew met all the psychopathy traits like her.

He has shown himself to be homophobic enough to bully a helpless closeted man and potentially ruin his future. He is a transphobe and told his FTM brother that he was not really a guy. His selfish and manipulative behavior has never made him bear any consequences, and indeed his selfish behavior only affects other people, including his teammates, his "friends," his girlfriend, and even his own brother. He cares so little about his own brother that he would be friends with the bully who through him into a glass door, and would date the girl who outed him in the first place and told Adam she would murder him if he pissed off her enough. All of this is from one and a half seasons. People have told me that he has actually become even worse than before.

Drew is not merely an insufferable, manipulative ******* like Eli. There is absolutely nothing redeeming about his character and every action and angst has been entirely in his own interest. People say that Drew is merely an idiot and cheating bastard. He is, but is much worse than that. Drew is a Complete Monster.

And that's why it's clear that Drew Torres is a psychopath and a monster.

Last edited by Squall_L.; 04-02-2013 at 12:18 AM
Old 06-16-2013, 08:00 AM
Fan Forum Hero

How many love interests is Drew going to have now? Katie, Alli, Bianca and now supposedly Clare and yet drianca and him are the main focus because they're the golden couple like eclare. he's dated every main character and I think the most people on the show. Cant anyone be single or stay serious about their life and gf?