Old 09-05-2013, 01:23 AM
Part-Time Fan

Woops double post.

"YES OF COURSE I IRON MY UNDERWEAR. I AM NOT A HEATHEN EMMETT."
Squall_L. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 06:58 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squall_L. (View Post)
Of course, since they're copying Twilight, they have to make sure that the wimmins know their proper place, so they have the show's straight male insert wish-fulfillment character show everyone how a proper relationship should be, sort of like a more blatant example of Wardo and Smella.

Glad to see Bianca is still a lying bitch after three seasons.
Yeah, I didn't feel anything in that episode for them.
Old 09-11-2013, 12:06 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sixonxnavade (View Post)
Yeah, I didn't feel anything in that episode for them.
Good for you, and I say that without sarcasm.

Old 09-12-2013, 03:25 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Degrassi

Is the break up happening soon? I have to say that I don't see this happening out of no where. There have been more than a handful of moments where Bianca is shown trying to take care of Drew to the point where it seems like she is more like a mother than his girlfriend. He has had his series of struggles with his mother to get her to give him his independence. I think all we need is a few phone calls where all Bianca does is ask questions about how he is coping after Adam's passing, what is he doing in school/does he need help with the student council gig, and generally snooping without any attempt to talk about her life at college out of fear that it will upset him and he is going to become turned off pretty quick. He doesn't have a girlfriend. He has a mother in training. I'm not the biggest Drew fan but for him to come to a complete character evolution he has to prove he can be independent. And that means without his crutch Bianca.
Old 09-13-2013, 03:22 PM
Addicted Fan

Bianca is a mother figure to Drew and the show hasn't exactly been subtle about it, either! Bianca and Audra have the same mannerisms; they even look alike. Audra has told Bianca point-blank that she's a younger version of herself... etc. It's more than a little creepy.

That's why I'm so excited for whatever this Drew/Clare thing turns out to be. I'm not a big fan of either character, and I can't stand either of their current relationships. But that's why we need to shake things up and Clew promises to be interesting, if nothing else! Which is far more than we can say for Drianca or Eclare at this point.
mellifluouscloud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 10:38 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Degrassi

Quote:
Originally Posted by mellifluouscloud (View Post)
Bianca is a mother figure to Drew and the show hasn't exactly been subtle about it, either! Bianca and Audra have the same mannerisms; they even look alike. Audra has told Bianca point-blank that she's a younger version of herself... etc. It's more than a little creepy.
Wasn't it a some point that we determined Drew was involved in a love triangle with his mother and Bianca? Yeah, nothing creepy about that.

Credit to the one and only kaleidocat for the avatar
JustMe2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 08:09 PM
Part-Time Fan

Well Audra is not biologically Drew's mother so...
Eva Diva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 11:46 AM
Part-Time Fan

Naww, they're just showing everyone the proper gender roles. They have a problem with the way they treat their female characters.

Old 09-25-2013, 06:45 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I saw in the promo that drew is cheating on bianca with zoe. I'm so done with them.
Old 09-27-2013, 09:24 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sixonxnavade (View Post)
I saw in the promo that drew is cheating on bianca with zoe. I'm so done with them.
Well in defense of Drew (it really pains me to type it), I think this is Zoe's twisted sense of reality where she doesn't know "reel" from "real". She was about to fall and Drew catches her, so she thinks "ooohhhh the man of my dreams!!!"
Eva Diva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 04:44 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eva Diva (View Post)
Well in defense of Drew (it really pains me to type it), I think this is Zoe's twisted sense of reality where she doesn't know "reel" from "real". She was about to fall and Drew catches her, so she thinks "ooohhhh the man of my dreams!!!"
Isn't Clurr throwing away her self-respect and about to kiss him too?

Old 10-20-2013, 11:42 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Degrassi

Is it wrong that I feel absolutely nothing about Drew cheating on Bianca (if that happens)? Like I can't feel bad for her. I wish I could because you know, girls stick together. But there comes a time when a girl is a doormat for too long and I just can't care anymore. Reminds me of a couple girls I knew in high school though. Maybe that's why I find it so exhausting.
Old 10-21-2013, 04:46 AM
Master Fan

To be fair, it is hard to care about characters after they "go to college" aka leave the show because after the failed college experiment, Degrassi usually goes out of its way to signal that 99% of characters will lose relevance to all plots (even their siblings') once they leave high school. So yeah, it's hard to take Drew/Bianca seriously as a couple when she's disappeared.

minkyfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 08:53 AM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaleidocat (View Post)
Is it wrong that I feel absolutely nothing about Drew cheating on Bianca (if that happens)? Like I can't feel bad for her. I wish I could because you know, girls stick together. But there comes a time when a girl is a doormat for too long and I just can't care anymore. Reminds me of a couple girls I knew in high school though. Maybe that's why I find it so exhausting.
I don't feel bad for her either. Mainly because "once a cheater, always a cheater" -- and Bianca knows he's cheated before because he's cheated WITH her. She knew what she was signing up for. (Disclaimer: I'm not defending Drew's cheating, either. Clearly he is not, and never was, ready for marriage. They both have a LOT of growing up to do.)
mellifluouscloud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 08:40 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Degrassi

Quote:
Originally Posted by mellifluouscloud (View Post)
I don't feel bad for her either. Mainly because "once a cheater, always a cheater" -- and Bianca knows he's cheated before because he's cheated WITH her. She knew what she was signing up for.
Yeah, that pretty much nails it in a nutshell.

Credit to the one and only kaleidocat for the avatar
JustMe2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply   Post New Thread