Fan Forum

Fan Forum (http://www.fanforum.com/)
-   Degrassi (http://www.fanforum.com/f191/)
-   -   Anti Clare#1: Title.......TBA! (http://www.fanforum.com/f191/anti-clare-1-title-tba-62969144/)

JustMe2000 09-13-2010 02:55 PM

Anti Clare#1: Title.......TBA!
 
Hatinn' away again in Haterhaterville......

Okay, do your thing.

Oh and give me a title!

Clare Haters
1. PurplexMoon
2. MsDelusional
3. vivalalove
4. lovejonathanjackson

PurplexMoon 09-13-2010 03:14 PM

Please add me. Can't stand her at all. She always rubbed me the wrong way especially when she used to wear that uniform. Her goody goody innocent personality annoys me. & I think she's an overall boring person. I could seriously have more fun watching paint dry than I would hanging out with her. She's just so socially awkward, I really really really hated her with KC. I like her with Eli, but her and KC were terrible together. Just didn't make sense and was totally unrealistic.

MD9999 09-13-2010 03:31 PM

I'm posting here on principle, despite having nothing particularly useful to say. I'm not even bothered by Mary Sues, but Clare annoys me infinitely for having a complete change of character, not having interesting storylines (highlight of season ten for her was easily the boob job episode. Since then...), and for making no sense (i.e. Pish posh, Adam)

shance 09-13-2010 06:45 PM

There was a time where I didn't mind Clare. I liked the Clare who had a vibrator in her bag which went off in class. I like the Clare who wrote vampire fiction. This was back in the days when she was actually a complete character. Flawed. She made mistakes.

I don't like who Clare has become. She's pretty much become a Mary-Sue, and her life revolves around Eli and his problems. I didn't mind as much when she was with KC. Although I thought KC always was pretty self-centered, at least the relationship wasn't all about him and his issues. She seems just like this "open" character without much to define her now, and she rarely does anything wrong.

PurplexMoon 09-13-2010 08:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MD9999 (Post 50403971)
I'm posting here on principle, despite having nothing particularly useful to say. I'm not even bothered by Mary Sues, but Clare annoys me infinitely for having a complete change of character, not having interesting storylines (highlight of season ten for her was easily the boob job episode. Since then...), and for making no sense (i.e. Pish posh, Adam)

I completely agree. I mean I actually liked her in BOA, but that's about it. Her personality is just boring imo and so are her storylines. Like for instance Innocent When You Dream, which is one of my least favorite episodes ever. So boring and I was cringing the whole episode.

Quote:

Originally Posted by shance (Post 50409702)
I don't like who Clare has become. She's pretty much become a Mary-Sue, and her life revolves around Eli and his problems. I didn't mind as much when she was with KC. Although I thought KC always was pretty self-centered, at least the relationship wasn't all about him and his issues. She seems just like this "open" character without much to define her now, and she rarely does anything wrong.

I completely agree. They try to make her out as the perfect person and it's not working, with me at least. You're right, her life does pretty much revolve around Eli now. Clare isn't as independent as she used to be. As far as her & KC go, really KC was brought into the show as a plot device for Clare. He was really one-dimensional when he was with Clare, but after they split we've learned a lot more about his character. Although I think it was pretty unclear where they were actually going to go in the first place.

MsDelusional 09-14-2010 05:56 PM

This season Ive had a love/hate relationship with Clare, but for the most part I hate her so Add me :flowers: I liked her her in s8 and s9 but then s10 came and her character changed completely. That and I usually hate the "Mary-Sue" characters and generally dont understand the appeal of her character. She not realistic, I can relate to her at all. She always does the right things and never makes mistakes. Its like WTF?! Theres no such thing as a persom with no flaws, they are what make me love characters

vivalalove 09-15-2010 03:12 PM

The title should be something along the lines of Nobody's Perfect or something like that.

OMG OMG OMG ADD ME ADD ME ADD ME!!!!!!!!!!! I have been waiting for this thread for forever, I just didn't want to be the one to make it. :blush:

PurplexMoon 09-15-2010 05:26 PM

^ Yeah same here.

Quote:

Originally Posted by MsDelusional (Post 50435725)
This season Ive had a love/hate relationship with Clare, but for the most part I hate her so Add me :flowers: I liked her her in s8 and s9 but then s10 came and her character changed completely. That and I usually hate the "Mary-Sue" characters and generally dont understand the appeal of her character. She not realistic, I can relate to her at all. She always does the right things and never makes mistakes. Its like WTF?! Theres no such thing as a persom with no flaws, they are what make me love characters

I don't think she's realistic either. Sure they're are tons of socially awkward nerdy girls, but they don't receive as much male attention as Clare does. Especially from someone like KC? Yeah right. Eli, I could see in real life, but a guy like KC would never like Clare. & I don't relate to her either. We're complete opposites which has a lot to do with why I can't stand her. I agree, the writer's portray her like she can do no wrong. It every situation she's in, every storyline, the writer's try to make us feel sympathetic for her.

shance 09-15-2010 11:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PurplexMoon (Post 50461977)
^ Yeah same here.


I don't think she's realistic either. Sure they're are tons of socially awkward nerdy girls, but they don't receive as much male attention as Clare does. Especially from someone like KC? Yeah right. Eli, I could see in real life, but a guy like KC would never like Clare. & I don't relate to her either. We're complete opposites which has a lot to do with why I can't stand her. I agree, the writer's portray her like she can do no wrong. It every situation she's in, every storyline, the writer's try to make us feel sympathetic for her.

I was actually very close to how Clare was when I was in high school. I didn't fit in or associate with a lot of people (most of the time, maybe 1-2 people, but usually no one). I got good grades. I was admired by my English teachers for my writing ability. Yet... I was never approached by either the "misunderstood bad boy" or the "misunderstood artsy emo kid". The first was too worried about his image (and only saw women as sex objects), the other was so full of pride/self-love that he was only interested in the typical cheerleader trophy-types.
This is part of why she's always bothered me at least a bit.

lovejonathanjackson 09-16-2010 09:41 AM

Add me. I'm still not a big Claire fan.

Oh-Canada 09-17-2010 07:06 AM

I liked Clare better back in her glasses-wearing days. Then she got laser eye surgery and yeah... I think she is kind of portrayed as being "perfect." She was always morally "good" but she was also really awkward back then. Now she's pretty, has this amazing life, and she never does anything bad. At the same time, that's why lot of people like her I suppose. It's difficult to find things bad about her whereas other characters get criticized constantly.

Quote:

Originally Posted by PurplexMoon (Post 50411934)
I completely agree. They try to make her out as the perfect person and it's not working, with me at least. You're right, her life does pretty much revolve around Eli now. Clare isn't as independent as she used to be. As far as her & KC go, really KC was brought into the show as a plot device for Clare. He was really one-dimensional when he was with Clare, but after they split we've learned a lot more about his character. Although I think it was pretty unclear where they were actually going to go in the first place.

Definitely. KC was originally introduced as the cute bad boy that the fangirls were supposed to like. And it worked, because they loved him back then. I think that started to change in season 9 though. And now he is much more interesting and less perfect then he was. I am enjoying his storyline much more now.

If you watch season 8 though, it's funny how similar the KC/Clare beginnings are to Eli/Clare. the whole not caring what other people think thing, KC & Eli having a secret, etc. some of the dialogue is even the exact same. It's weird. I actually do understand how KC was attracted to Clare's "goodness" back in season 8 when he was trying to turn his life around.

JustMe2000 09-23-2010 10:39 PM

I'll start a list this weekend.

That's an interesting point about that similarity, I hadn't really noticed in and that clear a fashion before, but it's hard to deny when you look at them.

So now that we're out in the open about the iTunes clip....Clare.....whiny! I mean, I agree with her for the most part, but still...

MD9999 09-24-2010 03:56 PM

I definitely think that the new school rules are ridiculous and excessive. That said, Clare's comment about possibly being unable to think in the "new Degrassi" struck me as whiny and dramatic.

kaleidocat 09-24-2010 09:05 PM

http://i54.tinypic.com/9zr3if.jpg

I gotta finally say it...doesn't she remind you of Liberty in the b-plot of Accidents Will Happen, but only more Hot Topic mall rat and less Rizzo of Grease? We need Sean Cameron to pop in and remind Clare that she's as edgy as a butter knife. I wonder what Eli's reaction to this transformation will be. He doesn't look that into it.

vivalalove 09-25-2010 09:27 AM

She looks so stupid. :lol:


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 05:10 AM.

Powered by vBulletin, Copyright © 2000-2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO 3.6.1
Copyright © 1998-2014, Fan Forum.