Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 02-17-2012, 05:33 PM
Obsessed Fan

Jen, I LOVE your videos! You always pick the best songs for these two.

I finally got to post some stuff to the Crash tumblr, Nicole. Looking though my old Degrassi photobucket inspired me. My instincts from the old days tell me to list reasons why Crash is better than Crellie, Jimash and Cranny. That debate is long dead though.

Please, remember me,
happily
Old 02-26-2012, 06:11 AM
Loyal Fan

Those videos are amazing! I'm glad you're vidding them, I don't find many videos of them usually

I've never joined those debates, mostly because I thought I was in the minority with Crash

LightSoViolent ϟ
Old 05-11-2012, 12:14 AM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Degrassi

It is my birthday! Please address and deliver all Crash related pretties to me here, thank you!
Old 05-11-2012, 05:33 PM
Extreme Fan

Happy birthday! This isn't really a Crash thing, but once I tried making a Craig Sim and an Ashley Sim. I gave up on the Craig Sim after 5 minutes but I think Ashley came out pretty well. So enjoy those Crash throwbacks, where they can always live on in my game.
Old 05-11-2012, 05:59 PM
Elite Fan

Happy Birthday Mod Ma'am (Nicole)! May it be filled with McIntyre loveliness and Epstein sexiness.

icon
Old 05-13-2012, 11:50 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Degrassi

Thank you for the birthday wishes! I wish I had a locker for you to decorate at school!

Craig: Ashley?...Did you?

Craig: Nice going Craig. Really uh, really really smooth.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NocturnalCouchPotato (View Post)
Happy birthday! This isn't really a Crash thing, but once I tried making a Craig Sim and an Ashley Sim. I gave up on the Craig Sim after 5 minutes but I think Ashley came out pretty well. So enjoy those Crash throwbacks, where they can always live on in my game.
Did you get them to marry? I only have the first Sims but I remember I made a Craig, Ashley, and Sean. Craig would invite Ashley over and cook her dinner, play his guitar, and each night he'd propose. She never accepted. So he let Sean move in and sometimes he'd crawl into bed with him. Sean always grumbled and moved to the floor. It's just not fair! Your Sims look good though, especially Ashley. I've thought about upgrading from time to time but then I remember this one time I played for like 8 hours straight, the cat came to me hungry, and I was such a bitch to her. Maybe I better leave the game alone.
Old 06-11-2012, 06:07 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaleidocat (View Post)
Thank you for the birthday wishes! I wish I had a locker for you to decorate at school!

Did you get them to marry? I only have the first Sims but I remember I made a Craig, Ashley, and Sean. Craig would invite Ashley over and cook her dinner, play his guitar, and each night he'd propose. She never accepted. So he let Sean move in and sometimes he'd crawl into bed with him. Sean always grumbled and moved to the floor. It's just not fair! Your Sims look good though, especially Ashley. I've thought about upgrading from time to time but then I remember this one time I played for like 8 hours straight, the cat came to me hungry, and I was such a bitch to her. Maybe I better leave the game alone.
Sorry for being really late. Junior year is in its home stretch and the teachers are going cray cray with homework.
Aw, thanks! I have a really bad problem with only making Sims and leaving them in my Saved Bin and never actually playing with them. I think this summer I'm going to try to have a house with only Degrassi Sims and see how that turns out. Maybe there'll be Crashley babies.
I only have The Sims 3, which is polarizing in the fandom. I've heard universally good things about The Sims 2, though. I think either are fine.
Ha, yeah. I play for like 7 hours at a time.
Old 08-09-2012, 11:12 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Degrassi

Can you believe fanforumers want to vote Dressed in Black out of the survivor? Do they not remember this?

Watch it here.

Our pair outshines all of the newbies attempting Shakespeare, I must say.
Old 08-28-2012, 07:58 PM
Total Fan

so how about that new OP we talked about forever ago?

Old 11-17-2012, 10:54 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Degrassi

Haha if you want me to work on a new OP with you, you (and other Crashers!) are going to have to post in here more often. It makes me too sad to visit this board almost every day and not see it active so I try my hardest not to think of Crash. I miss them so much!

Have you all been keeping up with Melissa and her ever evolving hair? She's a blondie now!

She's been performing with this dude JD Fortune. Here's some recent YouTube vids of the band performing: JD Fortune and FORTUNE - Acoustic Set Hard Rock Cafe Toronto - Part 1 - YouTube JD Fortune and FORTUNE - Acoustic Set Hard Rock Cafe Toronto - Part 2 - YouTube JD Fortune and FORTUNE - Acoustic Set Hard Rock Cafe Toronto - Part 3 - YouTube There's another vid in her thread if you want to check it out. From her twitter, it sounds like she writes a lot of her own music. I wish she had a youtube of just her singing. I received a google alert about her recently - Nov. 18: Melissa McIntyre � The Sketchersons - I really hope someone uploads some videos of this!

Okay enough stalking Melissa. Here's some screencaps of Jake in the Murdoch Mysteries episode "Murdoch Night in Canada."

I haven't watched it yet but I think he was arrested.

Looking dapper.

I scrubbed through the vid just to make sure it was legit and stopped at the moment when Jake declares his alibi; he was with a woman. Geez Jake, keep it in your pants for once.
Old 12-24-2012, 01:13 PM
Addicted Fan

OMG, Jake looks so old. And Melissa's blond hair is... interesting. Wait, that's not why I came here!

I think I might watch Holiday today or tomorrow. I haven't watched that episode in ages! I mean it's probably been 5 years... at least. But that is the first episode I specifically remember watching when it aired. That was like the television event of the decade. Y'know??? Okay seriously I remember thinking the episode was pretty magical at the time.

I was also sorta conflicted between Crash and Cranny back then, but in retrospect I definitely choose Crash. Of course, Ashley/Manny (Mashley?) is even better.
Old 01-13-2013, 05:13 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Degrassi

Quote:
Originally Posted by mellifluouscloud (View Post)
OMG, Jake looks so old.
Haha well he is turning 26 in a couple days. He is old. We all got old.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mellifluouscloud (View Post)
I think I might watch Holiday today or tomorrow. I haven't watched that episode in ages! I mean it's probably been 5 years... at least. But that is the first episode I specifically remember watching when it aired. That was like the television event of the decade. Y'know??? Okay seriously I remember thinking the episode was pretty magical at the time.

I was also sorta conflicted between Crash and Cranny back then, but in retrospect I definitely choose Crash. Of course, Ashley/Manny (Mashley?) is even better.
Thank you for posting in here. I already said it in the Rivals but it meant a lot to me.

What was everyone's reactions to Holiday the first time they saw it? I am NOT ever ever reading the Holiday episode description thread. My Crash loving heart can't handle it. I do respect that it was a memorable episode and it is THE love triangle of Degrassi but I can't rewatch it. I do remember the first time I saw it. Home on holiday vacation and my brother and I watched together. Now, we are both Craig fans - my brother is the one who mentioned Craig to me and the description of When Doves Cry is how I got into the show - so we were both kind of devastated that he would cheat on Ashley. In retrospect it was less of a big deal now than it was then because I'm so involved in the fandom. Funny weird. Now I'd write you up some essay about how it seemed like Craig was out of character in Holiday compared to being so hesitant to be involved with Manny in Against All Odds. However I did stop watching Degrassi at a point in season 3. Terri episodes and Craig cheating...blah. But Rock 'n Roll High School pulled me back in. My favorite episode of season 3.

Old 01-13-2013, 09:56 PM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaleidocat (View Post)
Haha well he is turning 26 in a couple days. He is old. We all got old.
OH GOD. He's younger than me. Please, just let me die. I just looked up Melissa McIntyre's age in hopes that would make me feel better. NOPE, she's younger than me too. By like a month. Oh my god, I just realized how ancient I am asdfghjkl; WHEN DID THIS HAPPEN okay anyway back to Crash~

(Oh and happy almost birthday, Jake!)

Quote:
Thank you for posting in here. I already said it in the Rivals but it meant a lot to me.
You're welcome! I really did want to talk about Holiday. But then I never watched it! I just couldn't bring myself to watch it in isolation. I can't watch Degrassi episodes like that. Clearly, I need to do an entire TNG rewatch. Of course I've been planning to do this for a couple years and I haven't yet, so... but I'm starting to feel like this is necessary! And it's not like I don't have every single season on DVD. Oh, except for season 11 part 1 because it's terrible lolololol. (I'm watching you, price on Amazon! Drop to $3 and maybe I'll consider!)

Quote:
I am NOT ever ever reading the Holiday episode description thread.
Oooh this got me curious! I looked at it. Nicole, BE BRAVE. It's not bad. I promise! You will probably laugh. There are only 11 posts. A couple delusional Cranny fans and some Crash fans. There's just as much commentary on the Joey/Caitlin plot, actually! Also this was back in the day when nobody wrote five-paragraph essays in the ep discussion threads like we do now. (For better or worse...)

Quote:
I do remember the first time I saw it. Home on holiday vacation and my brother and I watched together. Now, we are both Craig fans
Yes! I watched it with my sister. We were both Craig fans too. Actually, I'm not sure how much of this I've admitted to, since Craig got on my nerves in later seasons (sorry)... but I loved him early on. (Have I confessed to the Jake Epstein pinup in my college dorm? Yeah, that happened. )

Also, when Craig and Ashley got back together in season 4 -- I remember thinking at the time that it would never work, that it would never make sense for her to forgive him. But for some reason it did make sense. In fact it would have made less sense if she hadn't. It's just amazing that Ashley was able to see past his mistakes (especially when you consider that he got Manny pregnant, which was so shocking) and trust him again. There was always something very "adult" about their relationship in a way that it's hard for me to recognize even now that they were only 16-17 years old.

Quote:
Rock 'n Roll High School pulled me back in. My favorite episode of season 3.
LOVED THAT ONE. Oh my god. Do you remember how The N website would let you download the iron-on of Craig's face so you could make your own Hell Hath No Fury t-shirt? I totally did that AND WORE IT
Old 01-14-2013, 01:01 PM
Master Fan

Congrats on your B-day I know its a late one. Wow mellisa with blond hair like the that she is brown more
Old 01-14-2013, 01:23 PM
Addicted Fan

Ah, Holiday. Back when Degrassi specials were realistic and nobody is flying across the country on an endless budget.

Holiday isn't really my favorite Crash ep but it trumps every other Degrassi special they've attempted since. I like Craig/Ashley much more in season 4 with all their adorableness in Voices Carry.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread