Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 11-26-2011, 06:55 PM
Loyal Fan

a craig/ashley thread! i had seriously thought i was the only one who shipped them, they receive so much hate

i'm still sure she's the only one he has ever loved
they were perfect for eachother.

LightSoViolent ϟ
Old 11-26-2011, 07:39 PM
Elite Fan

You're definitely not alone. Welcome to the AAs!

icon
Old 11-26-2011, 08:21 PM
Elite Fan

Welcome! Yes, you're not alone. Once upon a time this was one of the most popular threads here with a nice sized fan base.
Ria
Old 11-28-2011, 09:24 PM
Total Fan

:O a new poster? Welcome welcome! For as much hate as they got, they definitely got a TON of love as well. And TPTB are very well aware just how strong our fanbase is

Crash fans never say die~
Old 11-28-2011, 10:37 PM
Elite Fan

Yes, and the TPTB loves us, ok?

Random but Jen, you're still on the GT?
Ria
Old 11-29-2011, 12:54 AM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Degrassi

Awwww, it made my day to see a new fan! Welcome Carolina95!!!

Yes, we were quite popular back in the day. And we were SO FAITHFUL (right Stohn?). I remember I joined the AA's after Crash broke up in season 4 and that was before we even had 50 threads, I think. We kept going strong with our support. I think that's pretty unusual for shipper fanbases...at least in the Degrassi fandom. I love those of you that continue to support them! I'll always be a Crash fan.
Old 11-30-2011, 03:26 PM
Total Fan

Brogren especially loves us

No I'm not Ria. I left a while ago so I don't know why I'm still technically on the team lol
Old 11-30-2011, 10:33 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by starsprite (View Post)
No I'm not Ria. I left a while ago so I don't know why I'm still technically on the team lol
I see you get all excited when I joined, and then you left But yeah maybe you should like PM someone or something to have you removed.

Quote:
I remember I joined the AA's after Crash broke up in season 4 and that was before we even had 50 threads, I think. We kept going strong with our support
I know I started posting about fall'ish of 2005, and I remember getting to 50 threads, so we weren't at it when i joined here either.
Ria
Old 12-01-2011, 12:20 PM
Loyal Fan

what a warm welcome!
when they broke up, i kept holding out hope for them too, i was so heartbroken when they went for ellie/craig/manny triangle
and when she came back, i wanted so bad to see a scene with only the two of them.
at least we've got those little sketch of degrassi with the whole "what if craig and ashley stayed together" thing. such beautiful scenes in those.
and i also love that jake epsteing is a craig/ashley shipper, he acknowledged himself she's the only one craig's loved so deeply.

LightSoViolent ϟ
Old 12-06-2011, 12:41 AM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Degrassi

Yeah, I wish we had gotten more too. Especially in Bust A Move. I will always be forever grateful to just have them together in the same frame or given the opportunity to wonder about how they reconciled but it would have been nice to get a scene with them catching up with each other. I wonder if they would have talked about their final moment in Goin' Down the Road. It seemed like Craig never held it against her but I can see that Ash might be the type to always remember, carry it around, and wish she'd handled the goodbye differently. I've always imagined that Craig would be surprised if she brought it up and seemed upset or feeling like she had to apologize. I'm just basing this off of his journal entry - ""maybe on some level I understand Ash...which is the problem of course, since she's the only person I have the slightest understanding of...full circle again..." He was hurt by her staying in England. Which is appropriate with all his abandonment issues. I still believe that the best ending to his character would have been for him to reunite with Ashley and with that bring all of his history back to the surface, remind the audience of the angsty boy he is, and have him grow into a better person as he realizes that this time she won't leave. Mom and Dad can't come back, but Ash can.

Crash makes me write essays to this day.

Hey Ria, what's your thoughts on Parenthood? Who's your ships? Favorite characters and storylines? We could always have an unofficial American Horror Story discussion in here after the eps too.
Old 12-06-2011, 11:11 AM
Elite Fan

I love that you write essays on them and still can.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaleidocat (View Post)
Hey Ria, what's your thoughts on Parenthood? Who's your ships? Favorite characters and storylines? We could always have an unofficial American Horror Story discussion in here after the eps too.
Well I love the show. As for ships I love Sarah and Mark, I was so happy when I heard he was returning. Favorite characters would probably be Sarah (probably due to loving Lauren, just so happy to have her on my screen again) and I also love Joel and Julia, I seem to enjoy their storylines the most out of the adults. But I also like Amber and Drew. There isn't really anyone that I dislike, tbh. And I really like what they have going on right now with J/J trying to get a baby.
Ria
Old 12-23-2011, 03:25 PM
Obsessed Fan

Hello! How is everyone??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolina95 (View Post)
i'm still sure she's the only one he has ever loved
This.

And welcome to the Angsty Artist family!

Nicole, one of my favorite things about Crash was that he said she was the only person he could understand in his journal. I wonder what we would've gotten from them if Crash existed in the age of Twitter.

And we'll always have the mystery of what happened between them when they were on tour together. I bet it was intense, filled with emotion and physical interaction . It probably didn't end well based on Craig's commentary to Ellie about it. Which means it was angsty and unresolved. Filling in the gap between them parting in Europe leading up to them being happily married, playing a show at Degrassi with a son on the way leaves me a satisfied Crash fan.

Oh and I saw a Crellie post on tumblr the other day makes me realize how unenthusiastic Craig was about getting with Ellie. It was "Someday, maybe." Not "I HAVE to have you in my life now. I want to be with you now." He wasn't very sure of his feelings for her at all. I can't ever see in wavering in his feelings for Ashley.

Please, remember me,
happily
Old 12-25-2011, 03:06 PM
Total Fan

Totally agree Kathy. With Ashley it was that can't eat, can't sleep, can't breathe without your love type deal. He only had that with her.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pickle-weasel! (View Post)
I see you get all excited when I joined, and then you left But yeah maybe you should like PM someone or something to have you removed.
lol I did PM them! forever ago! ah well, the stars under my name are so pretty haha

MERRY CHRISTMAS MY AA FAMILY!
Old 12-27-2011, 11:22 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellow n Blue402 (View Post)
Hello! How is everyone??

And welcome to the Angsty Artist family!

Oh and I saw a Crellie post on tumblr the other day makes me realize how unenthusiastic Craig was about getting with Ellie. It was "Someday, maybe." Not "I HAVE to have you in my life now. I want to be with you now." He wasn't very sure of his feelings for her at all. I can't ever see in wavering in his feelings for Ashley.
That's something I really love about them. With Manny and Ellie he played every sort of games, treated them like crap then never apologized, and when Manny (finally!) broke up with him he kept snorting cocaine like nothing had happened
When he told Ashley he loved her he MEANT it, unlike with the other girlfriends he had.
While being with her, he only wanted her and she never had to beg him (again, unlike the other girlfriends he had).
He redeemed himself for her in the 4th season and kept holding on to her all summer after she left. When they broke up, he was really upset over it and it took a while for him to get over it.
He's never doubted for a second that he wanted to be with her, even after all the drama.

LightSoViolent ϟ
Old 01-08-2012, 11:30 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Degrassi

Hello everyone! It's fun to talk about when and how they ended up together...but what about what their first interactions were like? We know that Craig had been interested in Ashley for awhile ("So you finally asked that Ashley girl out?" - Joey, TMBA). I wonder if she first got his attention in Ms. Kwan's class with her poems/writing. In my fic Behind the Scenes I had him mention her poem "Poor Thing" and she's interested that he likes to write songs.

You know what I wish we got in Bust A Move? A scene where she shares the journal he gave her in GDTR.