Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 08-16-2013, 02:39 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Degrassi

Sad turn for Adam on "Degrassi" in last night's episode (Spoiler) | GLAAD

I'm sympathetic to those who are upset but at the same time I can't help but recognize how much effort is being put into Adam's memory. Many characters do not receive that type of acknowledgement. I find that more upsetting than a death. I guess a viewer can be upset that this is it for Adam but at least TPTB did something. I personally am more offended by writing characters like KC and Wesley off the show because the writers felt they have met their creative end while other characters hang around for an extra year. But I guess everyone sees a different injustice on the show.

From Linda's statement it sounds like it was a fair decision that everyone was on board with. I think Jordan is so sexy with her short hair but at the same time it must really limit her ability to take on different projects. Best of luck to her!
Old 08-16-2013, 05:52 PM
Part-Time Fan

I'm gonna miss this guy... He's really the reason I became ~obsessed with this show in 2010. I'm running out of characters to tune in for.
obinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 03:01 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Degrassi

Apparently this aired after...Cannonball? IDK. I'll try to watch it later. If you've already watched, I'd appreciate to hear any highlights.
Old 09-19-2013, 04:44 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Degrassi

Has anyone else been wondering about what they would have liked to see in some Adam plots? It's sad that this is just a could have been type thing. The other day I realized that we didn't get to see his first time having sex. Not the actual thing . But just some conversations about it.

I first heard about this from another source because they name dropped Degrassi and Adam, hinting that the character paved the way but this will do just fine: The CW is developing a drama about a transgender teen | TV | Newswire | The A.V. Club.
Old 09-30-2013, 07:04 PM
Fan Forum Hero

so sad about adam dying.
Old 10-01-2013, 04:21 AM
Addicted Fan

I'm not sure what more I would have wanted to see out of Adam other than progress on his testosterone and with the Becky/Adam relationship.

Now that he's gone I hope to see Mama Torres some more. This is the first major death we had where a parent played a regular role on the show so I'm interested in seeing how she's dealing with losing her son.
ihavealife2uknow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 07:16 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Degrassi

Just feeling curious about what Jordan is up to lately. Anyone know?
Old 07-01-2014, 07:57 AM
Master Fan

Um.... there's this: He Never Died (2014) - IMDb

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaleidocat (View Post)
Sad turn for Adam on "Degrassi" in last night's episode (Spoiler) | GLAAD

I'm sympathetic to those who are upset but at the same time I can't help but recognize how much effort is being put into Adam's memory. Many characters do not receive that type of acknowledgement. I find that more upsetting than a death. I guess a viewer can be upset that this is it for Adam but at least TPTB did something. I personally am more offended by writing characters like KC and Wesley off the show because the writers felt they have met their creative end while other characters hang around for an extra year. But I guess everyone sees a different injustice on the show.

From Linda's statement it sounds like it was a fair decision that everyone was on board with. I think Jordan is so sexy with her short hair but at the same time it must really limit her ability to take on different projects. Best of luck to her!
I just got around to reading this now and actually I liked Linda's statement. It made a lot of sense. If they wanted to do this storyline -texting and driving leading to death - which they should since it does cause way too many teen deaths a year, than killing off a fan favorite was the way to go and since it really seemed like Jordan wanted to leave she got a much better -and more memorable exit than something like Adam's going to help children in Africa.
Old 07-02-2014, 04:26 PM
Master Fan

I just watched some season 12 episodes missing adam alot
Old 07-05-2014, 03:12 PM
Master Fan

Yeah, I miss when he would pop up in randomly in other character's storylines.
Old 09-20-2014, 02:04 AM
Addicted Fan

I miss him, especially now that Drew/Becky is being explored. I remember not being all that gaga about Beckdam at first because of how quickly Becky's character development moved, but by the end of season 12 I loved them together. I wonder if there will be a nod to him in this season like there was in season 7 with JT after the graduation.
ihavealife2uknow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2014, 10:20 AM
Part-Time Fan

"Looks like this season Adam's branching out!"

Since he died by crashing into a tree, I can't tell if this is a really subtle pun or not. I'm sure this has been mentioned before somewhere in this thread but idk.
Astroman129 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2014, 03:21 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Degrassi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astroman129 (View Post)
"Looks like this season Adam's branching out!"

Since he died by crashing into a tree, I can't tell if this is a really subtle pun or not. I'm sure this has been mentioned before somewhere in this thread but idk.
I shouldn't have snickered at that.

It seems so weird to see her with long hair now!

IMDB snoop time!
He Never Died is in post production with Jordan as Andrea. It's a horror movie!
Reign is also in post production with Jordan as Charlie. She's the lead, it looks like.
"Reign follows two long time best friends and their relationship as it begins to deteriorate when one of them becomes the bully and the other a victim."
Old 07-19-2015, 05:07 PM
Addicted Fan

Can I be added to the list?
socialfirefighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2015, 12:29 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Degrassi

Has Jordan ever said if she prefers Adam with Fiona or Becky? I feel like I'm forgetting other Adam ships...Imogen. Bianca wasn't really a thing. Drew uses his brother's taste in women as kind of a guideline huh?