Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 07-25-2011, 04:46 PM
Loyal Fan

Seriously, after tonight's episode is over, Adam better be getting some happiness that lasts more than 10 minutes.
EClare_x3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 05:02 PM
Master Fan

Super excited for tonight! I've been looking forward to this one. I hope that they make this episode a little more grey than the summary suggests.
Old 07-25-2011, 05:28 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nekoshoujo (View Post)
Super excited for tonight! I've been looking forward to this one. I hope that they make this episode a little more grey than the summary suggests.
What do you mean?
Old 07-25-2011, 09:31 PM
Passionate Fan

I couldn't watch the bathroom scenes.
Old 07-26-2011, 06:34 AM
Master Fan

^ yeah, I cringed a few times.

@JayJ - Well I was hoping they wouldn't put Adam and Dave into strict victim/jerk roles but they pretty much did. I actually think this plot was going okay for both of them up until the last scene. Dave's an ignorant teenage boy and I honestly think the majority of teenage boys would have reacted the same way to the bathroom misunderstanding. However, his comments at the end were really upsetting. I think I would have prefered the writers not go in such a harsh direction. I dunno, I feel like Dave will end up learning from this and apologizing but the damage has been done.

That said I think they handled Adam's side of the plot well if at times very awkwardly. There were times I was actually saying out loud "Don't Adam- just let it go..." It's such a frustrating situation because Adam should have every right to do as he pleases but I feel like had he taken a different approach, Dave would have had a completely different reaction and they might have been friends.

At the same time that's what made this plot so good in my opinion. I could understand both characters and for that reason I kept wishes they made different choices.
Old 08-09-2011, 02:10 PM
Part-Time Fan

I'm excited to see what Mama Bear Torres has to say about Adam's chest surgery. Or, at least, why she says no in the promo.

I'm excited we've been seeing more of Adam, though! More plotlines for our boy
Old 08-09-2011, 08:15 PM
New Fan

Whyyyy

So I'm happy that Adam got something so his chest don't pop out now he looks more like a guy but I'm upset cuz I liked Katie as the new girl and they just shut that down waaaaaaay to fast with all the hope they gave me and now I hear that Adams bro is gonna be after her to I'm so confused with what they hav planned for Adam duz anybody hav any idea on what they are gonna do?

Oh and so u know I'm new to this site I started watching degrassi when I saw my body is a cage so Adam is my fav guy and my first character now I'm updated on the show and with Adam and I'm excited to talk to fellow fans of Adam
Krown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 09:05 PM
Master Fan

Tonight's plot was great for Adam. I love that they're exploring the different issues that come up with being Trans. I also think showing Mrs. Torres's point of view was realistic because that's how a lot of moms would act.

This Dave/Adam friendship is amazing! I love them as friends. I also like the awkwardness Dave shows around Adam because it's a very different side then Eli and Clare's non-judgemental instant supportiveness. If this was a real high school people would have those different reactions so it's good they're showing the truth in that.

I hope that Adam and Katie can stay friends because their interactions were very cute. They're both friends with Clare so maybe there's a new little group forming there like in early seasons where most of the characters interacted.
Old 08-10-2011, 09:29 AM
Loyal Fan

I don't post in here as much as I should.

Quote:
Tonight's plot was great for Adam. I love that they're exploring the different issues that come up with being Trans. I also think showing Mrs. Torres's point of view was realistic because that's how a lot of moms would act.
I agree. I also really liked Mrs. Torres' reaction to Adam talking about chest reconstruction. You can tell she loves him even though she's not entirely supportive yet.

Quote:
This Dave/Adam friendship is amazing! I love them as friends. I also like the awkwardness Dave shows around Adam because it's a very different side then Eli and Clare's non-judgemental instant supportiveness. If this was a real high school people would have those different reactions so it's good they're showing the truth in that.
I really like the Dave/Adam friendship too. I just hope it doesn't replace the Eli/Adam bromance. Adam should be able to be friends with both of them.

Quote:
I hope that Adam and Katie can stay friends because their interactions were very cute. They're both friends with Clare so maybe there's a new little group forming there like in early seasons where most of the characters interacted.
I would love that. It makes sense, and I've been wondering about it myself. Clare and Adam must know that they both interact with Katie. I just wish we could see Clare and Adam interact a little more.

Last edited by Kwinks; 08-10-2011 at 09:35 AM
Kwinks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2011, 05:22 PM
Part-Time Fan

Oh, dear, have you seen the promos?

And heard the rumors about

Spoiler:
Old 08-26-2011, 09:18 PM
Passionate Fan

Adam might take a bullet for Drew... or just accidentally end up in the crossfire. Maybe he doesn't duck in time? I don't know. I don't think he's going to die, but...
Old 08-27-2011, 05:15 AM
Part-Time Fan

Am I the only who feels like Adam is just Drew's doormat? They hardly ever interact; he dated the evil ***** who outed him and said she would, and never apologized for; is friends with the guy who gay bashed him and threw him into a door, and never apologized for it; he doesn't seem to develop any interest in girls until Adam likes them and then always steals them. Him not getting mad at Drew and letting him walk all over him doesn't make him nice, and it doesn't make him forgiving; it makes him a doormat. Great brother my ***! Adam deserves better, and the "great brother" lie is another example of Telling and not Showing. If he sacrifices himself for his selfish douchebag of a sibling then I'll have even less reason to watch after the seniors leave.

"YES OF COURSE I IRON MY UNDERWEAR. I AM NOT A HEATHEN EMMETT."
Squall_L. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2011, 02:05 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squall_L. (View Post)
Am I the only who feels like Adam is just Drew's doormat? They hardly ever interact; he dated the evil ***** who outed him and said she would, and never apologized for; is friends with the guy who gay bashed him and threw him into a door, and never apologized for it; he doesn't seem to develop any interest in girls until Adam likes them and then always steals them. Him not getting mad at Drew and letting him walk all over him doesn't make him nice, and it doesn't make him forgiving; it makes him a doormat. Great brother my ***! Adam deserves better, and the "great brother" lie is another example of Telling and not Showing. If he sacrifices himself for his selfish douchebag of a sibling then I'll have even less reason to watch after the seniors leave.
I agree with this. I feel like the writers simply occasionally throw in a "He's such a great brother yay" line to try and reassure the fans that they don't hate each other.

Although back when both Drew and Adam liked Fiona, Adam was the one who ended up with her (although he did ask Fiona if she liked Drew), so maybe that has something to do with it? :/
Old 08-28-2011, 02:17 PM
Master Fan

I like the Drew/Adam relationship but I feel like they show all these hints that never seem to go anywhere. I'm glad to see Adam get frustrated when Drew wanted to move. He does seem to take the girl issue too lightly. Does Drew really have to go after every girl Adam likes? At the same time I don't think Drew that bad of a brother. To me it seemed very odd that Drew wasn't featured in Cry Me A River. Last season Drew was the first person to come to his brother's defense. I think this ultimately just shows how distracted Drew is by what's going on with him. He's got a lot of anxiety on his plate right now so I can see why he might be blinded to what Adam is going through. Ultimately this seems very natural for an older brother/younger brother relationship. Drew wants to protect Adam, but really he's more focused on his own life. While Adam spends too much time living in his brother's shadow.

Adam taking a bullet for Drew does make sense to me because he's so loyal. And maybe that's also why he does let the girl issue slid. To him being a good brother to Drew is more important. Maybe this finale is what will change things. It would be a huge wake up call for Drew. I'm really looking forward to what scenes they might have because of this.

Also maybe this will bring Katie back into Adam's life? I thought we might see their friendship continue but it hasn't so far. I wonder if this will be another relationship changed by the finale.

On a related note, I'm really looking forward to Clare and Eli being featured as Adam's friends again. I think he spends too much time being a friend to them and not enough getting that reciprocrated.
Old 08-28-2011, 04:45 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Adam is starting to remind me of how Toby was with JT and Liberty in that Toby was always so concerned about JT and Liberty but that after JT died I wanted to see Toby outside of the shadows of his two best friends but we never really got to see that.
Shipper Of: Holly J Sinclair and Declan Coyne, Degrassi's Power Couple, Sean Cameron and Emma Nelson, JT and Liberty, Drew and Bianca, Miles and Maya, Rob and Kristen Maddie and Wes, Riley and Lucas, Josh and Maya and Chuck and Blair, Jesse McKenna and Becca Thatcher and Simone and Eric Daniel and Noa, Max and Liz, Nikolas and Gia, Monse and Cesar and Ariana and Pete, Josh and Donna and Spencer and Trina, Miles and Lola
Holland Fan Forever is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply   Post New Thread