Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

New Forum Poll   |     Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 07-13-2011, 09:32 AM
Master Fan

Adam Torres/Jordan Todosey #17- Because it looks like this season Adam's branching out!

Unlike his jock older step-brother Drew, Adam prefers to keep out of the
spotlight. He's guarded, and can seem stand-offish, but those who win his
friendship find out quickly that he's fiercely loyal once he lets you in. Adam's
quick wit is both his weapon and his shield -- it allows him to be himself at all costs.

1. Tryst
2. vivalalove
3. Nekoshoujo
4. kaleidocat
5. scsdegrassifan
6. ShineSoBright23
7. regiusachan
8. nanatsuiro-rainbow
9. Benji
10. Tobiko
11. TransAdam
12. AdamandEliForever
13. NoSeriously
14. Janah
15. padfootsprincess02
16. Oh-Canada
17. Jtsmith12
18. Aubsbobs
19. Lala land Girl
20. LidelKewte
21. DavidFayte
22. eclarelove
23. KayleeSmileyfaces
24. vicious_boy
25. mysticintentions
26. Coelina
27. aikayou
28. (*Rawrr*)
29. ACharmingGirl
30. retrosmetro
31. Madasnart
32. Denmark
33. Hopeless62
34. hollyhysteria
35. JayJ
36. Artai
37. Shadoki
38. Zekovu
39. TheElk
40. AllyPorter
41. Sarah1124
42. MintMilano
43. AnEnigma
44. jaycee19
45. Penny Avenue
46. Saphria
47. lucycadence
48. <3~ana_banana0217~<3
49. .*.~.Laura.~.*.
50. CaroxxJane
51. sweet_solitude99
52. paramore_247
53. necklace
54. coric88
55: BlackHalo
56. murphyboy11
57. Eva Diva
58. lovejonathanjackson
59. Ron_Cullen
60. Helllo892
61. AmandaTheJedi
62. forgottenwordsx
63. helloeinstein
64. Adam+FionaFan4Life
65. RaichelAngelina
66. hot_vanilla
67. FifiBritt
68. IxLovexEli
69. Bandbabe
70. worththeriskx
71. DragonNinjaAri
72. greenfiend
73. PurplexMoon
74. Supergiraffe13
75. Linder
76. Eclare4life
77. 12raerae94
78. cuckoobananas6
79. Anggna
80. MPFan09

Why we're in love with Adam...
1. Because he's adorable!
2. Because his transgender storyline is one we've wanted for a long time!
3. Because he has the best quotes... ever!
4. Because he has sexy bangs!

Why we love Jordan...
1. Because she seriously rocks that short hair!
2. Because she's so dedicated to her work she's drastically altered her appearance!
3. Because she tweets her fans.
4. Because she's a total sweetheart.

Wishlist:
1. Adam will hair flip.
2. Adam will dance
3. Adam will get a cold and sneeze. A lot.
4. Adam will jam out in a band and he will dance around stage or DJ.
5. Adam will strut more in the show.
6. Adam will wink at a girl.

7. Adam will make an attempt at flirting and/or making a move on a girl.
8. Adam will say “Rawr”.
9. Adam will call Drew or be called by Drew: Broham or Broseph.
10. Adam will name his own hat.
11. Adam will do a sexy lip bite.
12. Adam will wear a Santa hat.
13. Someone will sit on Adam's lap.
14. Adam will skip.
15. Adam will drive.
16. Adam will be called Sexybangs.
17. Adam will get a girlfriend.

Gif of the Moment:

Fan works:
First Adam Torres vid by sweet_solitude99 YouTube - Adam Torres || Human
Adam Screencaps - Courtesy of NoSeriously
YouTube - ADAM T. | Your Man.
YouTube - Degrassi - Adam Torres (If I Were a Boy)
YouTube - Adam Torres ● Who I Am

Additional and helpful links:
Main Page - T-Vox
Main Page - Susan's Place Transgender Wiki
Questioning Transphobia
TRANSPRIDE
YouTube - PFLAG.Org PSA with Jordan Todosey

Past Threads:
Adam/Jordan Todosey #1
http://www.fanforum.com/f191/adam-jo...sing-62959989/
http://www.fanforum.com/f191/adam-jo...5/index20.html
http://www.fanforum.com/f191/adam-jo...long-62962608/
http://www.fanforum.com/f191/adam-to...mped-62963064/
Adam Torres/ Jordan Todosey #6: Because he's such a cutie and we can't wait for more.
http://www.fanforum.com/f191/adam-to...said-62963768/
Adam Torres/Jordan Todosey#8- Because Adam on a bouncy ball is the cutest
Adam Torres/Jordan Todosey#9 - Because this week is all about Adam
Adam Torres/Jordan Todosey#10- Because that wink is awesome
Adam Torres/Jordan Todosey #11- Anything Involving Sexy Bangs
http://www.fanforum.com/f191/adam-to...rish-62965336/
Adam Torres/Jordan Todosey #13- Because From Now On, His Name Is Sexybangs
Adam Torres/Jordan Todosey #14 - Because he is not a GIRL! Pow!
http://www.fanforum.com/f191/adam-to...does-62966977/
Adam Torres/Jordan Todosey #16- What's in store this season for our boy?

Last edited by Nekoshoujo; 07-13-2011 at 09:39 AM
Nekoshoujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011, 11:12 PM
Part-Time Fan

TFTNT!

I can't wait for Degrassi (obviously, haha)! But I'm worried about the Adam-Dave plot in Cry Me A River, because they're making Dave such a shallow jerk with his storylines. Trying to be popular two seasons ago, tazering Wesley last season, and now making offensive comments to trans kids. I hope this ends with Adam forgiving Dave (later on, not immediately) and them at least not hating each other.

Someone's credited as a caseworker in Cry Me A River part 1 on imdb. Any idea what that's about?
Old 07-14-2011, 02:02 AM
Master Fan

^I could not agree more. I'm frustrated with Dave because there is basically no reason to like him these days. And when I read the discription I just felt disappointed that once again he would be in the "jerk" role. The characters I love are the ones that have positive personality traits as well as faults. At this point I don't even hate Dave because it's too easy to- in the end I end up not caring at all. On the flip side, I don't want to see Adam in the victim role again. He's such a strong person and so comfortable with himself. This would be a great time for him to put his confidence to good use!
Old 07-14-2011, 03:29 AM
Part-Time Fan

Exactly! I guess Adam and Dave were bound to run in to each other at some point - Adam is always a victim and Dave is always a jerk.

I really, really hope that after Cry Me A River, Adam can actually be the subject of a plot that doesn't have to do with him being victimized (or even nothing to do with him being trans would be nice - I don't want to see another Riley in the works) and Dave can get a plot in which he's simply being nice or something. He threw that bachelor party for KC, but that's the only non-jerky/desperate plot I can think of for him. Even when he was giving advice to Ms. Oh, he was still sucking up.

I wonder if we'll get any mention of Adam in Spring Fever? Is he going to be at the Keke Palmer concert? (Sadly, I doubt it... neither he nor anyone he hangs out with - besides Sav, and that was once - is in any of the plots for Spring Fever. Too bad - I've missed our boy! I wanna see him!)
Old 07-14-2011, 05:10 PM
Passionate Fan

Is anyone watching Rookie Blue right now? Cause Jordan's in this episode...

EDIT: I just made this.

Last edited by Lady Azura; 07-14-2011 at 08:46 PM
Lady Azura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 12:05 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessSweetheart11 (View Post)
Um I disagree with some of this...while I like Adam...Adam has not always been the victim. Adam has made screwups of his own. Adam had no business punching Fitz. While I do not think Fitz is a victim either, I understand his mentality. While Adam is by most means a man, he is also biologically a female, I understand how his hands were tied. He was in no way justified in hitting Fitz. Adam should have been suspended for that. Adam also was not the victim when he made fun of Eli in the caf. I like that Degrassi shows Adam as a transgender, but also a person who has good and bad qualities.

Controversially, Dave has shown good points. Dave defended Connor...he gave his cousin relationship advice. I agree he screws up horribly...but Dave also apologizes...that is a good quality in itself.

I am looking forward to the Adam/Dave rivalry. I do think that Adam will also have some part to blame in this situation. Due to the problems with Fitz Adam has issues that people are not always going to accept that you are a transgender...disappointing...sure...ignorant...you bet...that doesnt give you the right to retaliate...much less with violence.
I'm actually really glad you pointed this all out. I can be really pessimistic at times - I wasn't seeing this side of things. Plus, I'm the first to admit that I'm completely biased when it comes to Adam doing wrong. Thanks for making your point - it made me see things in a different way.

(Not arguing, but when did Dave defend Connor? I don't remember that. Thanks!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Azura (View Post)
Is anyone watching Rookie Blue right now? Cause Jordan's in this episode...
Argh! I don't watch Rookie Blue but I'd heard Jordy was going to be in an ep, and I'd been trying to find information on it. Can you give me the ep title that way I can find it somewhere? Thanks

3:18:54:42 until new Degrassi!
Old 07-15-2011, 12:19 AM
Passionate Fan

^ The episode, according to Wikipedia anyway, is called "Heart & Sparks".
Old 07-15-2011, 03:18 AM
Part-Time Fan

^ Okay Cool. I'll find and watch it sometime soon.

I'm still wondering if we'll see Adam anytime before his plot with Dave comes in episodes 7 and 8. If we were to see him anywhere, it would be with Eli and Clare in LoveGame. So I'm crossing my fingers for a Misfits appearance in that episode!
Old 07-15-2011, 04:44 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessSweetheart11 (View Post)
Oh it is cool! Sorry If I sounded rude or whatever. Ya I love that Degrassi paints Adam the way he is. Adam is a transgender human, but more importantly than that...he is a human. Most shows paint gay or transgender characters in such an angelic light. I understand their mentality of not wanting to paint them in a negative light but it is just not realistic. EVeryone screws up...I love that Degrassi points out while yes Adam is transgender, and yes he was bullied...in some ways he has played his own role in making mistakes.

Dave defended Connor along with K.C against Ethan in the season 9 episode Somebody. I personally think that Dave is very realistic in his going back and forth between trying to be popular and defending his true friends Wesley and Connor...an ass...oh ya...but still realistic lol
I definitely agree.

Ohh, I remember that episode! Thanks.

3:02:15:22 until the premiere and 4:02:15:22 until we (probably) see Adam!
Old 07-17-2011, 10:48 AM
Loyal Fan

-slinks in-

Hey everyone. Soooo... I've been "not here" for a while. Mostly because A. I got a Tumblr and B. I got so heartbroken by the way that Fadam turned out I kinda just needed a breather from Degrassi.

Still love Adam though and I can't WAIT for him to get more stories this season. Tbh last season I don't feel like he got enough attention. I hope he gets more (and NOT just centered around a romantic relationship) I'm a bit fed up with Degrassi romance stuff. I never had a single romantic relationship during high school and neither did half my friends and everyone on Degrassi has had two or three at the least. And that's just... frustrating. I'd rather it focus more on things that other shows never address, like it used to. That's just me.

Adam is still my darling :heart: I can't wait to see what they have in store for him.
Old 07-18-2011, 05:12 PM
Part-Time Fan

^Glad to have you back

1:48:32 until new Degrassi!
Old 07-18-2011, 10:45 PM
New Fan

Hey, I'm new to the forum. I've read all the comments over the past few months on Adam and wanted to join now that season 11 has started.

I wanted to share something that happened when the new episode "Boom Boom Pow" Part One was airing.

When Adam came down the stairs asking who is a good person to Drew my mother immediately asked me "Is that a boy or a girl?" and I told her "Remember there's a transsexual on the show? Jordan is a girl in real life, but a boy on the show" then one minute later she says "No one would believe that is a boy! That is definitely a girl!" to which I said, "Jordan is the girliest girl in real life" so she said, "You said she is really a transsexual!" and I replied "No, she's one on the show. She plays a boy named Adam" and she left in disgust that I was confusing her.

The irony of this is I talk about how much a fan of Jordan Todosey I am and about her character on Degrassi. Why would it surprise anyone that Adam looks like a girl when he's in a girl's body and is pre-op everything? Months ago when we were first introduced to Adam my mother asked if he was a boy or girl and I cleared it up for her back then! >_< (She only catches glimpses of episodes, she's never seen MBIAC.)

It's as if transsexual people are to be identified as transsexual to her and not as the gender they identify as or something. Yes, Jordan plays a boy, a ftm, but still a boy.
Bekll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 11:53 AM
New Fan

i wanna join! I LOVE Adam, and Fiona being together! And like I love Adam himself as a character, he's amazing<3 And cute!!
Fadamlove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 04:03 AM
Part-Time Fan

Wow I haven't been on here in forever lol. I'm so excited for Adam's first storyline of season 11 coming up..too bad it doesn't look like it will be too positive :/
Eclare4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 03:52 PM
Part-Time Fan

I haven't been on here in forever! But I am so excited for Adam tonight! I just hope he doesn't get hurt too bad