Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 04-19-2006, 06:56 AM
Master Fan

513 - Together Forever (Episode Discussion)

New thread

Icon by Periwinkles
froggiepopple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2006, 10:38 AM
Dedicated Fan

i have a question..im new to degrassi so i have lots of questions actually lol

is season 5 just airing in the US..like is canada/other places ahead of it? i watched this episode, but id already seen pics/quotes/etc about it on here..just curious.

loved the episode. it has converted me into a craig/ellie shipper =)

Jim & Pam
dorkydiva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2006, 11:01 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by dorkydiva

is season 5 just airing in the US..like is canada/other places ahead of it? i watched this episode, but id already seen pics/quotes/etc about it on here..just curious.

It airs in Canada before it airs in the US.

Icon by Periwinkles
Old 04-19-2006, 11:02 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by dorkydiva

Canada has already finished Season 5 of Degrassi. They show the episodes before the US

I don't think a lot of people liked this episode, but I still haven't been able to watch it on my tv yet, I currently don't have The-N so I will have to wait to fully develop an opininon.

And Leigh beat me too it.
Ria
Pickle-weasel! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2006, 11:40 AM
Moderator Support Team

i actually liked this episode somewhat. i thought the mainplot was pretty good and i really liked the crellie friendship. someone on another board said that craig came full circle in this episode and i think thats pretty true. the subplot was pretty bad though i did like toby/liberty friendship and jt also checking up on lib and the baby was nice. i just dont like that the birth of the baby was in a montage at the end so that was bad.
Old 04-19-2006, 11:44 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxCrashIntoMexx
i actually liked this episode somewhat. i thought the mainplot was pretty good and i really liked the crellie friendship. someone on another board said that craig came full circle in this episode and i think thats pretty true. the subplot was pretty bad though i did like toby/liberty friendship and jt also checking up on lib and the baby was nice. i just dont like that the birth of the baby was in a montage at the end so that was bad.
See the thing about that is it fits in with the show. I mean Craig was always a bigger character then Jt/Liberty combined, and that's how they choose to play things, not that I agree. But in DJH, you didn't even get to see Spike give birth. You saw her at the dance like she was going to have the baby, and then didn't find out anything until the next season. So it's how Degrassi works with pregnancys I guess.
Ria
Old 04-19-2006, 12:20 PM
Absolute Fan

The episode kinda sucked a little. But it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be from hearing everyone else talk about it. I loved the Craig/Ellie friendship in it and it made sense she would be in this episode alot with him considering it was about band stuff. And I loved the last part hearing him sing the song and him going away.

But the subplot was completely rushed...bad. Still I say, you don't have a teenage girl have a baby and give it up in a subplot, expecially sense they have been making it into a huge deal all season. YOU JUST DON'T MAKE A CHARACTER LEAVE THE SHOW AND ANOTHER HAVE A BABY IN THE SAME HALF HOUR EPISODE, PERIOD. I was expecting alot better then that. I also felt like she was having the baby too soon, it didn't feel like was saw enough of her being/looking pregnate. The baby is adorable though.
LidelKewte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2006, 07:55 AM
Elite Fan

I just posted this on DB, but meh, I figure I'd post them here too.

I thought this was an okay ep, until the very end. You can tell who outranks who, seeing as Jiberty had to compete with Craig for all that screentime. But I'll get to that...

I had no idea why both Diane and Manny were in this ep, except to show that Craig and Joey are dating them. But in this ep, you'd figure Manny would contribute something. She basically didn't. She was pretty (probably the prettiest I've seen her all season), got jealous once, and bats her little eyelashes. She's the equivalent of Hazel in ISHFWILF, only Hazel had more lines, I believe.

And sometimes Craig didn't even acknowledge Manny's presence. When she said "my poor baby", it appeared like Craig didn't hear her at all. And we all know about the phone call. I was shocked to actually hear it, however, because it was so casual. He looked like he didn't give two hoots that she called. Now he did seem to care that Ellie wasn't going with him. So I smell Cranellie part 2 on the horizon. That means.....
more drumsticks!

Now, I'm sorry, but there was no way Ellie could improve. She was really, really bad. I thought she sounded great in WPA. I'm not sure why she stinks now. I didn't like the DS song anyway, but Ellie made it three times worse. Ha, at least she owned up to it. Marco has improved on the bass.

I didn't mind the tickling as much as I thought I would, being a Crash fan. It read very sibling to me, like someone yanking someone's hair even though you like them. I did like the last scene where she tells him to go. That was probably the best acted scene. That and when Craig says "Toronto has a lot of great singers" because you could see Craig's dedication to the WHOLE band.

I liked Ellie sitting by herself defiantly in the DOT. Tha'ts a move I would pull. I wouldn't say "yo" though. That made no sense. Ellie's dialogue this year is very, very weird.

There was nothing intimate about that drumming whatsoever. Manny overreacted.

It was VERY convenient that he got the manager's interest and a full scholarship at the same time. I don't know how he finagled the full scholarship if he didn't know who Franz Ferdinand was. But more power to him.

I loved Toby/Liberty. I had no qualms with their scenes. I thought Jake and Sarah did great in their scenes. They have some weird platonic chemistry that works, and I hope the writers keep the friendship up. I wish this was another ep so we could get more J.T., but I wouldn't want those T/L scenes erased. My favorites: E tu, Toby, and then Liberty's like "you're driving me. Traitors have to walk." I just had to smile through all of that.

My big problem was how the montage was handled. It was just like, let's put in some dialogue so the audience knows what happens. Oh, the adoption counsellor's here. Oh, let's show J.T. and not explain why he's here. Let's throw in this random clip of Cranny kissing. It seems like they just gave up at the end.

So it was good until the montage. B-. Aaron Martin gets a cookie from me, but not a TANE-sized cookie. Don't mess up the movie!!

I wish Jiberty had a girl....that is all.

icon
Mayberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2006, 08:18 AM
Master Fan

In my opinion the only good thing about this episode was the Cranellie friendship and the Liberty/Toby friendship. At first I was made because of the fact that there was barely any Cranny. Then I remembered I didn't of even think we would get much Cranny in this episode until I saw the preview from CTV. So I am not angry about that anymore. I am angry that we didn't see a goodbye from Craig and Joey or Craig and Angela though.
Spoiler:

Icon by Periwinkles
Old 04-20-2006, 12:07 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayberry

So it was good until the montage. B-. Aaron Martin gets a cookie from me, but not a TANE-sized cookie. Don't mess up the movie!!

I wish Jiberty had a girl....that is all.
I have no idea why, but I found what you wrote there hilarious Thyy didn't actually say what the baby was, did they? Until a later episode, or did I miss something?

See I kept hearing how this episode was soo bad and all this jazz, but when I watched it(I didn't watch a single Season 5 episode until CTV was on that hiatus) I was like, hmm it's not horrible.

Um I liked the song Craig sung, but for me I haven't really liked an episode of Season 5 until HF Part 2, so really nothing is too high up on my scale as it goes.
Ria
Old 04-20-2006, 12:12 PM
Master Fan

lol actually I liked the original downtown sasquatch song waayyy better. When I heard Craig's song I was like "what?" I thought it kinda sucked actually. This proves one thing: Craig definately needs Ash for inspiration! lol
No but really, I thought this ep was okay. Oh and the full scholarship was weird to me too! wtf? haha anyway, I agree with Nikki on most of it.
Reply   Post New Thread