Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 07-18-2005, 12:50 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Degrassi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mariael311
Can't wait for next week's ep! CATFIGHT!
Who doesn't love a good catfight? Truthfully, that's really the only thing I like about the next episode- well that and a great scene involving my single favorite character on the show. Here's a hint- he's not a teenager.

Back to this episode, I liked it more this time than when I first saw it. I thought the scenes with Ellie & her mother were handled very nicely and this was a good (and much needed) follow-up to both that plotline and the fact that Sean bolted on her in BiB.

The return of bitchy Alex was nice to see, although I have to admit that I do find it a bit disconcerting to see her act so non-chalantly around Jimmy.

I didn't really have a problem with the way Manny acted because I thought it came from her experience as the "other woman."

Oh, and I'm guessing that I'm the only cruel bastard who actually laughed when the ferret died.

Credit to the one and only kaleidocat for the avatar
JustMe2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2005, 01:12 PM
Master Fan

You laughed?!?!? Pricelesss!!!

I think Alex acted that way with Jimmy since she wasn't involved in making Rick think that Jimmy was behind the whole bucket thing. I guess that's why she can face him.

You know...I was happy about the followup..it's so rare we get those and not some crappy mention.
Old 07-18-2005, 07:26 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Degrassi

Quote:
I think Alex acted that way with Jimmy since she wasn't involved in making Rick think that Jimmy was behind the whole bucket thing. I guess that's why she can face him.
You might be right, that probably is her thinking. I'm one of those who thinks the responsibility lies soley with Rick (that doesn't excuse what others did, though), and even though I believe that, I still think if it had been me that had pulled the bucket that dumped the paint and feathers on Rick, that it would have been very hard to face Jimmy.

But, what do I know? I'm a sick bastard who thinks it funny when fictional ferrets die by chewing electrical wires.

Quote:
You know...I was happy about the followup..it's so rare we get those and not some crappy mention.
I was glad they did this as well. We know that a lot of the characters were directly impacted by the shooting, but one that I think kind of got lost in all the fuss was Ellie, who not only lost her boyfriend, but suddenly found herself living on her own. And speaking of Sean, I loved the Sean/Ellie relationship, and I do understand that the one thing that had to be done with his character before he left the show, was for him to re-connect with his parents. But, damn, he goes from literally begging her to move in to sticking her with the rent in just a few episodes. That doesn't look good for him.

Oh, and in addition to all that, there's the whole situation with her mother, which was still very much lingering.

Now, if the producers can just get around to giving Toby a follow-up. It's still not too late.

Old 07-18-2005, 07:44 PM
Master Fan

Not too late but I hate to pessimistic...but I so doubt they will. It's been forever.

I see what your getting about Alex and Rick. I mean its so hard to say that anyone person had the blame for what caused Rick to snap. He WAS always a bit unstable but still....i think the fact that he thought he got tricked into believing Jimmy was at fault was the straw the broke the camel's back..but we all have our own opinions!

You've got a point about Sean. He was this great b/f and the next you know he's gone. WTF?!?! But the whole thing with the mother. What happened to her dad? He was supposed to be gone for a few months...hasn't been like a yr now?
Old 07-19-2005, 07:27 AM
Part-Time Fan

I always like it when we get an Ellie-centered episode, and this one had some good moments. I think Stacey gets better with each season.

That said, certain aspects annoyed me. I think we were supposed to feel sorry for Ellie's mom, but I didn't feel sorry for the woman in the least. She treated Ellie horribly in the past - when she was sober enough to give Ellie any attention at all. And now, she's no longer drinking (we'll see how long THAT lasts), but she's still thinking only about herself. I get the feeling she wants Ellie living with her to make herself feel better, to make herself feel less guilty. Her concern is more about getting her daughter back so she can feel like a good mother, not about whether it's in Ellie's best interests to go back to her. The arrangement of getting together occasionally and helping Ellie out financially was a better situation and, in my opinion, Ellie agreeing to move back in with her is a mistake that will only end up hurting her. I think it's way too soon for Ellie to put that kind of trust in the woman.

Also, I know the writers had to do something because Daniel Clark left the show, but I don't know why they decided to make Sean look like a complete jerk regarding Ellie in the process. After assuring her that he cared about her and that she had a nice safe home (and an escape from her horrid mother), he just drops out of her life completely, leaving her to fend for herself. True, there's the parallel that now both Sean and Ellie have moved back home to lousy parents, but with no future re-appearance from Sean expected, it leaves his character looking like he couldn't care less what happens to her. Not exactly the way I would have liked to see Sean's story conclude.

I haven't cared much for the whole Paige/Matt storyline, so that part of the episode was just filler for me.

And they sure must have long lines at the neighborhood clinic. Emma was going there two episodes ago and hasn't been heard from since.

Pillow Pals * Saran * Sweet Potatoes * JT / Ryan Appreciation
StorytellerD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2005, 08:19 AM
Elite Fan

I'm actually not surprised by the writers letting Sean be a bad guy. They did the same for Caitlin, and I'm sure the premiere will be less than kind for Ashley. It's a way for the writers to move on to other storylines they wish to explore. Even poor Raditch got the finger pointed at him. The one who got the best deal was Terri.

icon
Mayberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2005, 11:29 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by StorytellerD
That said, certain aspects annoyed me. I think we were supposed to feel sorry for Ellie's mom, but I didn't feel sorry for the woman in the least. She treated Ellie horribly in the past - when she was sober enough to give Ellie any attention at all. And now, she's no longer drinking (we'll see how long THAT lasts), but she's still thinking only about herself. I get the feeling she wants Ellie living with her to make herself feel better, to make herself feel less guilty. Her concern is more about getting her daughter back so she can feel like a good mother, not about whether it's in Ellie's best interests to go back to her. The arrangement of getting together occasionally and helping Ellie out financially was a better situation and, in my opinion, Ellie agreeing to move back in with her is a mistake that will only end up hurting her. I think it's way too soon for Ellie to put that kind of trust in the woman.

I'm going to say that her being a recovering alcoholic I think that it's important for them to get all the support that they can get. Even though her mother may have been only thinking about herself, in some respects, like not wanting to be alone, Ellie SHOULD try to make things work. I mean, in the end, they only have each other.
Jiberty Maniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2005, 04:00 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by StorytellerD
And they sure must have long lines at the neighborhood clinic. Emma was going there two episodes ago and hasn't been heard from since.
Old 07-21-2005, 10:03 AM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Degrassi

It also looks like her test results got lost in the mail too.

Old 07-21-2005, 06:57 PM
Master Fan

See..that's why she should have had them email them to her...isn't she like a net freak too?!?!
Old 07-21-2005, 07:20 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
See..that's why she should have had them email them to her...isn't she like a net freak too?!?!
Woo! That was good.

icon
Mayberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2018, 01:00 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Degrassi

According to wiki the original airdate for this episode (in Canada) was 17 January 2005. All hail the queens.

Let this music take you back to the dramatic card game with Dylan's hockey team. And while you listen I will update you on James. Actually I can't because he is a fictional character...I don't know what happened after he lost.

James was played by Tyler Gallagher. After playing a 'cool kid' in Ice Princess in 2005, he did a mini series where he played a character named Marsh Nevins. Yikes. With a name like that I'm guessing he was a cool kid no more. The series was called Beach Girls and that was the end of his acting career.

Old 09-14-2020, 06:32 AM
Dedicated Fan

pretty good episode. I am starting to like Alex.
semmafightsellie is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply   Post New Thread