Old 07-29-2004, 07:23 AM
New Fan

Billy Boyd Quotes thread

where is the favorite quotes thread?

I haven't overlooked it have I?

Gigi
Old 07-29-2004, 09:18 AM
Master Fan

Hi Gigi. No, we don't have a quotes thread here. Not yet, anyway. Maybe you could just make this one the quotes thread, and just ask S@brina to edit the title.
Old 07-30-2004, 07:59 AM
New Fan

Okay...here are some

Lizo: How many breakfasts do hobbits have?
Billy Boyd: Two breakfasts, couple of lunches, a few dinners and maybe
a supper.
Lizo: And how do you manage to keep looking so slim?
Billy Boyd: Well hobbits run around to try and destroy rings quite a
lot.
--Lizo interviews Billy Boyd

Premiere: "Dom, weren't you telling me that there was a real 'boys club' during the filming of the movie?"
Dom: "Yeah, how there were no women there".
Lij: "Well, Cate Blanchett came over".
Billy: "And Orlando, who's quite feminine, was there".
Lij: "Yeah, he was kind of the girl of the group, wasn't he?"
Billy: "He was a bit of the bitch".
Dom: "He would tidy up for us".
Billy: "We had parties, and we'd dress him up in a apron".
Dom: "And he would have to clean up afterward. Otherwise, he would'nt be invited to the party".
~Elijah, Dominic & Billy being interviewed by 'Premiere' mag

Billy: We became incredibly close ... With this movie it's definitely different...Everyone is constantly in touch with everyone else. I saw Dom three weeks ago, I went to stay with him and Elijah in LA. I don't know if Peter Jackson is just an incredible judge of character and he knew we would get along, or if it was just luck, but I think from the day we got there, we knew it would be something special.

Elijah: Actually we're more than mates. It transcends friendship, because we became so close, so early and spent so much time together. We're family. Everyone embodied their characters in ways that were similar to the book. I mean, Dom and Billy *are* Merry and Pippin in real life, in the way they interact. Even Sean Astin, who plays Sam, was very protective of me. He'd help me out and watch my back. So many situations mirror those of the books... it's quite freaky.

Dom: It was crucial for the audience to see that there was this complete and utter devotion from the three Hobbits toward Frodo--that we would protect Frodo with our lives. Merry and Pippin have a friendship which borders on mental telepathy. In the same way, Billy and I understood how each other thinks.

Billy: In a technical way, that meant that there was no acting required of the Hobbits' friendship. It meant you could concentrate on the scenes and not worry about acting like friends because we were already best mates.

about losing the Empire awards to Orli:

Billy: "**** Empire! You had to give Best Debut to Mr. Cheekbones, didn't ya?!"

Boyd: We have each other, too. Merry's the one who gets Pippin into trouble.
Monaghan: That's just the kind of thing Pippin would say. That's my Billy. He's so charming--it's like he can do no wrong.

Q: How do Merry and Pippin--and the two of you as actors--cope when split up?
Boyd: Even before filming, we were all together--training at the gym, swordfighting, in canoes or just just hanging out. Then Billy and I got split up, which mirrors Merry and Pippin being separated. It was weird.

Monaghan: But it meant that for every scene we filmed and every emotion we portrayed, we were able to draw from real things.

Boyd: They're so close; it's like one completes a side of the other's personality. Then they get split up, and both of them go through hell. That's one of the most interesting things to explore as an actor--to see a character separated from all the people he trusts and relies on, then to be put back together again.

Billy: "Actually, it's impossible to speak about Pippin without mentioning Merry. His [Pippin's] whole life is about his friends, and especially about Merry. The two of them are as close as friends can be- closer than family- so close you can't even imagine one of them doing something without the other."

Q. How is Elijah Wood as Frodo?

Billy Boyd: He's an absolute idiot! No, no - he's amazing. It's perfect casting. Such a great guy. For someone who came from Hollywood as a child actor and matured into a man, he's such a beautiful human being. Perfect casting for Frodo, because he's got all those depths.

It was a horrible experience. I even feared for my life in one scene. The Orcs have costumes made of spikes and they were throwing me and Dom (Dominic Monaghan, who plays Perry) around. I was close to getting speared by an Orc and was thinking to myself ... 'that would be a strange way to go'. But I was lucky. In the first film I was bitten on the backside by a horse, but this time I managed to remain unscathed.

He's the youngest, most immature and naive. He has to grow up quickly. He famously knocks the skeleton down the well in the Mines of Moria when they are trying not to alert the Orcs that they're there. He doesn't think of the repercussions.

One thing about Pippin right from the beginning is that his whole life revolves around friendship. He loves his friends in the Shire more than anything...Suddenly, things turn very serious and dark for Pippin. He's falling in marshes and meeting magical creatures and he'd rather be back at the pub chatting with the ladies!

The rain came through so you were walking around in puddles of cold water. I remember doing one night shoot when my feet have never felt so uncomfortable. I was almost in tears. It was quite a relief when they called a wrap.

To play one of the main characters in it, it's not like the kind of thing you don't do. Oh, I'd rather not play Pippin in "Lord of the Rings"... in fact, I'm trying to think - what else would you rather do, you know? I can't actually think of another job that I'd rather do

Q : "There's a rumour that Orlando Bloom is the most popular sexy lead character. What do you think ?"
Billy Boyd : "That's actually untrue. I don't know where you get that. That's a statistic you've made up."

Q : "So you're saying the hobbits are sexier ?"
Dominic Monaghan : "The hobbits are the heart of the movie - they're the emotional core for goodness sake !"

Billy Boyd : "And we're handsome for God's sake. [points to Dominic] Look how pretty this man is !"

Dominic Monaghan : "I mean Orlando Bloom - what are you talking about? They [the hobbits] are what the audience love, they're what the people really, really hang onto. They're the last character the audience want to die ! This Legolas guy - I hope he gets killed by an arrow in the next movie. Vroom... right through this eye !"

Billy Boyd : "It's all make up anyway."

Dominic Monaghan : "Yeah you should see him when he's got his wig off. It's disgusting. Big open weeping warts on the top of his head."

Bily Boyd : "Covered in warts."

Dominic Monaghan : "Smells of elderberries."

Billy Boyd : "Oh, he smells!"

Dominic Monaghan : "He can't defend himself [laughs] Hi Orly !"

Billy Boyd : "Hi Orlando !"

Dominic Monaghan : "How you doing mate ?"
Old 08-02-2004, 08:22 AM
Fan Forum Star

"Oh he smells"
Old 08-02-2004, 10:17 AM
Master Fan

I edited the title.
Old 08-02-2004, 02:39 PM
Master Fan

Thanks S@brina.

Quote:
Billy Boyd : "And we're handsome for God's sake. [points to Dominic] Look how pretty this man is!"
Ah, one of the classic quotes.
Old 08-02-2004, 05:24 PM
Absolute Fan

ahhhh that was most of the classic quotes. loved them
Old 08-06-2004, 08:58 AM
New Fan

This makes me melt.

Billy:"Do you like me the best?"
Dom: "Yes, you're my favorite."

These two are so adorable.
Old 08-08-2004, 01:30 AM
Absolute Fan

awww that's so cute
Old 04-06-2005, 10:41 AM
Ultimate Fan

hello!

i like this one! but i'm not sure its really or if its fake??

Quote:
"In fact, there's a great tape that no one has seen, that's very hilarious, that I have here. Orlando bought a video camera while he was there, and me and Dom stole it when we were going to South Island. What happened was, they were filming Frodo and Sam's story in the South Islands somewhere, and they put everyone up in hotels while they were doing this, but they didn't have any wet weather cover for Frodo and Sam. So if it started to rain and they couldn't film Frodo and Sam, there was nothing to film, you know? And you can't have that. You can't have a day without filming, so they set an inside set, which was a Merry and Pippin set. So they said to us, 'It's too far to fly you every day, so you guys will have to come down, but it means that you probably won't be working.' They said, 'So rather than put you up in the hotel, we'll get you a nice house down here, while you're here.' It was just in a small place in the South Island. We thought, 'Yeah, great! We'll just hang out and watch movies or whatever.' So we stole Orlando's camera, and there is a tape of that week, of me and Dom sharing a house together, which must make it onto a DVD at sometime."
Dom:"If he was a girl, I'd marry him today! I've been suggesting to Billy a sex change, but he really feels quite manly about things [Billy shouts, "I love women!"]. Yes, he's really passionate about women, as I am."
Billy:"Dom's an idiot."
Keeper Of Dom's Arms

Icon by zia319
Old 04-07-2005, 02:59 AM
Total Fan

Awh, how lovely...but just a video of them together could be kinda dull. Just them sitting there. Watching TV. Sitting...

I know what you're thinking, Emma
Old 04-07-2005, 09:20 AM
Ultimate Fan

thats because my mind is so dirty, anything with possible inuendos init i will find
Dom:"If he was a girl, I'd marry him today! I've been suggesting to Billy a sex change, but he really feels quite manly about things [Billy shouts, "I love women!"]. Yes, he's really passionate about women, as I am."
Keeper Of Dom's Arms

Icon by zia319
Old 04-12-2005, 06:45 PM
Ultimate Fan

That quote does sound a little odd.
Old 04-13-2005, 03:11 AM
Total Fan

God, what was that one fromthe Dom board?

Dom: "I did study wushu for about eight weeks, which is really nothing. But I was able to kick over my head, which is good fun. That's a great thing about the job. Billy was doing Master and Commander and learning about knots and seamanship and when I went down to visit him in Mexico I woke up tied to my bed in half-sheep shanks and double weaves."
Billy: “You usually have to pay for that kind of service”
Old 04-13-2005, 12:32 PM
Ultimate Fan

OMG i've seen that before but forgot! Monaboyd!!!
Keeper Of Dom's Arms

Icon by zia319