Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Old 04-05-2005, 03:22 PM
Master Fan

Sad Story to Tell..

Hey guys.

I want to tell you guys a story, it is pretty messed up.

Last Friday night, a guy and two of his friends that are girls were out drinking. They met up with some other people, had a good time and decided to race near Interstate 95 here in Connecticut. The kid who was driving was the brother of a friend of mine...which is why this bothers me so much. They raced, and being drunk, he and the passenger in the front seat did NOT put on their seatbelts. Luckily the girl in the back did. He hit a guardrail, and didn't SMASH it, he was launched from the road, the truck smashed down on it's side and flipped a couple of times.

He was cut in half. IN HALF. The girl in the front was cut in half, and her body tucked itself behind her, so it was as if the back of her legs was touching the back of her head. The girl in the back survived, but she is badly hurt.

As a mother, this really bothers me, because if I ever lost a child like this, I would be inconsolable.

SO what I want to get across is that yeah...doing stupid ill **** is fun, but look at what happened to these two people and think before you drink and get behind the wheel of a vehicle.
Old 04-05-2005, 04:11 PM
Absolute Fan

There are no words to properly reply to this. Thank you so much for spreading the message of how stupid decisions can have devastating consequences. I am so sorry about how this has affected you and those you know, especially your friend. I pray that the girl that survived recovers.
Old 04-05-2005, 04:33 PM
Moderator Support Team

I'm sorry to hear this, Sherry. I hope your friend is alright even though this is something highly difficult to cope with...

I always have my seatbelt on. Too many cases of car accidents where the person wearing a seatbelt survived while the one who didn't wear a seatbelt died.
Quarterley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2005, 04:38 PM
Elite Fan

Oh, Sherry. I am so sorry.

Car accidents are horrible, and a few seconds of thinking you're having fun is not worth it at all. Thanks for sharing and giving us all something to think about.
barbeegurl00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2005, 05:20 PM
Master Fan

Thanks for posting this. I've heard so many stories like this, & one would think that people are more sensible than that; but when it happens to someone you know, you realize how ignorant and naive people can be. And the passenger may not've had a glass of wine, yet oftentimes they are the ones who pay for the driver's recklessness. This is a good example of the important message: DON'T DRINK AND DRIVE.

I'm sorry about your friend.

**Actress^Animal Lover^Flutist^Writer**
amusic20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2005, 06:19 PM
Fan Forum Star

That is wicked scary and sad. Now i know why my mom worries about me getting in a car accident.
icon: xthebesthing
*Kaylee* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2005, 06:54 PM
Elite Fan

That is horribly sad for everyone who is grieving. I hope that other people learn from this not to drink and drive, and also always to wear seat belts.

Visit Picture Confessions #2...it's all about secrets!
Lemurian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2005, 07:02 PM
Passionate Fan

It's bad that they died and that they drank and then raced. It's good that you're spreading the message as a reminder of what could and does happen. I know that you wouldn't exagerate a tragedy and that's probably how it happened but I don't really see the need in being so... crude about it. I came to this thread to read a sad story and offer my support, not to be pelted with grousome imagery. I am truly sorry for the loss of the lives of those people and I do see what you hope to accomplish by posting this... I guess I'm just over sensitive.

~Chrissy~
Old 04-05-2005, 08:03 PM
Master Fan

I didn't think was pelting anybody, and frankly you didn't have to reply.

How else could I have explained how they were killed? There is no sugar coating it, at all.

Whatever... It's bad enough that someone died, but now you jump all over me for the way I talked about it.
Old 04-05-2005, 08:30 PM
Passionate Fan

I think Sherry was just giving the facts and getting her point across.

Thanks for sharing, Sher. It's a little scary though...seeing as I'm driving for driver's ed. in 2 days...
And show me that you love me.
HippieGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2005, 08:33 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by HippieGirl
I think Sherry was just giving the facts and getting her point across.

Thanks for sharing, Sher. It's a little scary though...seeing as I'm driving for driver's ed. in 2 days...
Brea, there's a difference.

Now I am not saying that this kid was a flaming butthole...he made bad choices. He was good kid, had a great future. He just made the biggest mistake anyone could ever make. With you reading this...you see the consequences. And you'll promise me to never ever do it.
Old 04-05-2005, 08:41 PM
Ultimate Fan

I think it's a good idea that you told us this stuff.

People nowadays believe that they can get away with *******. Only when something devastating happens to them, they'll realize that it was indeed dangerous. But hey, it was to late.

Hopefully we can learn from this terrible act and not do stupid stuff like that in the future.

I'm very sorry about your friend, btw.
barelylegal is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply   Post New Thread