Reply   Post New Thread

Tags Thread Tools
Old 07-14-2013, 11:52 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Off Topic

Romantic Relationship Thread #28 ~ All We Need is Love

***Message From Mods***

Please post all issues related to romantic relationships on this thread. All other threads started on this board that should be here instead will be merged into this thread or closed. Thank you.

Love takes off masks that we fear we cannot live without and know we cannot live within. -- James A. Baldwin

Old 07-17-2013, 04:46 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Oh man, that is hard. I guess it's better that he told you now instead of you moving in and then changing his mind. However, if you thought you would be moving in together, and he has now changed his mind, that still hurts
Especially now my friends parents kind of want to put a deadline on me moving out now so I am majorly freaked out. and I dont have much family to go to as it is.
Old 07-18-2013, 06:04 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Off Topic

Oh no I can see how they don't want you living there forever....perhaps you need to talk to your friend and the parents And talk to your boyfriend again, like seriously to see how difficult of a situation he has put you in.
Old 07-26-2013, 12:37 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellow Mustang Girl (View Post)
Oh no I can see how they don't want you living there forever....perhaps you need to talk to your friend and the parents And talk to your boyfriend again, like seriously to see how difficult of a situation he has put you in.
He defintely has..

He says that he is afraid I will move in and never leave.
Old 08-02-2013, 05:55 PM
Dedicated Fan

got an amazing girlfriend I love
Old 08-05-2013, 06:00 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Off Topic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreamwalker (View Post)
got an amazing girlfriend I love

That's great
Old 12-26-2013, 04:13 AM
Fan Forum Star

This thread should be alive

'People that are meant to be together always find their way in the end'
BrookeღLucas l EdwardღBella l RonღHermione l RyanღTaylor
avi: NOLA504
falling slowly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2013, 09:22 AM
Fan Forum Star

I love my husband Jason! We have been married a year!
Old 12-27-2013, 06:38 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Off Topic

Thanks for bumping thread You are right that it should be alive and thriving

I hope all of y'all who want to be in relationships are doing well If you need advice or help, the rest of us can try to help, too.

To those of you in relationships, did your significant others give you a nice gift for Christmas? Mine bought me an iPad mini, which was a surprise because I didn't think he would spend that much money. It's something I have wanted for over a year.
Old 12-27-2013, 10:28 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Carol, your boyfriend sounds amazing. He's been paying attention, for sure.

I'm single, as per usual. I've also come to the conclusion that no matter how much older guys are, their immaturity level still remains the same for the most part. Not a lot has changed since I was fourteen. Oh well. I know I'll meet someone when the timing is right. For now, I'll live vicariously through everyone else.

♥ mal
{icon by morgonrodnad}
MissAndieWitter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013, 07:06 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Off Topic

Yea, there is no reason to rush at all
Old 12-30-2013, 10:00 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Ugh.

See, this is why I'm usually not friends with many girls. This isn't the first time something like this has happened, and I'm sure it won't be the last.

I have an acquaintance. Let's call her D. D is a huge flirt (that's how she sees it, but it's a little beyond that). She just broke up with her boyfriend of 5 years. D starts automatically flirting with the only guy that I've had feelings for, who I've been trying to get over for the past six months. Nothing ever happened between me and this guy, although he reciprocated the feelings, because we're such good friends and we didn't want the friendship to be ruined. Anyway, so she's throwing herself at this guy, shoving her goodies in his face, gradually wearing more low-cut shirts. But all this time, she tells me and my best friend, who has warned her to keep her distance, that it's just harmless flirting.

This guy eventually asks D out and she agrees, knowing fully well what she's agreeing to. At the end of the date, he tries to kiss her, and she turns her head and she goes on her merry way. Then he starts texting her, asking when he can see her again, and she starts telling my best friend and I how he's such a creep and won't leave her alone. I'm kind of hurt honestly. I have been trying to get over this guy for so long and something always seems to get in the way of that. And then this girl, who I've reached out to and tried to become her friend, is leading him on and acting like a ****, gets in the way. I don't know what to do. I know the only thing I can really do is wait this thing out, but it's been really hard being around the guy. I think he's also kind of been avoiding me, because he doesn't know what to do, since he knows me and this girl are kind of friends.

Blah.

And this is why I try not to get into anything. It just gets people hurt and causes unnecessary drama. We're not in high school anymore, so I would think that we'd be able to handle this like adults, but apparently not.

♥ mal
{icon by morgonrodnad}
Old 12-30-2013, 02:38 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I don't wanna sound mean, but I don't think I understand the problem here It seems like you and this guy both had feelings for each other at some point but decided to move on. So why was it wrong that your acquaintance (acquaintance, not even a friend) went out with him? Sure it isn't a pleasant situation, and they should have enough consideration not to be showing off to you, but the getting involved itself, going out and all that isn't wrong

Maybe I missed something in the story, but I don't think not being friends with girls or thinking of them as ****s is the solution here. You say you want to move on from how you feel about this guy. Your acquaintance has the same right to move on from her broken up relationship. And the guy has that same right too. Each one of you is in their right to get involved with whoever. Now, maybe he's more into her than she is into him, and that's why he keeps calling even though she doesn't want anything anymore, but that's between them, and not your problem. If you think she's leading him on and want to be a friend and tell him that, you can, but they should work this out themselves, imo. Now, if you still have feelings for him, then you should go and talk to him. Maybe he has moved on and you'll have to get over him, maybe he hasn't and there's still a chance, who knows. You'll only know if you try. If you don't try, though, you should accept the fact that other people will be attracted to him and will go out with him and maybe those people will be people you know and there's nothing you can do about it
Old 12-30-2013, 02:48 PM
Fan Forum Star

Hubby and I have been married 7 months on the 1st of January

'People that are meant to be together always find their way in the end'
BrookeღLucas l EdwardღBella l RonღHermione l RyanღTaylor
avi: NOLA504
falling slowly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013, 04:50 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Chambers (View Post)
I don't wanna sound mean, but I don't think I understand the problem here It seems like you and this guy both had feelings for each other at some point but decided to move on. So why was it wrong that your acquaintance (acquaintance, not even a friend) went out with him? Sure it isn't a pleasant situation, and they should have enough consideration not to be showing off to you, but the getting involved itself, going out and all that isn't wrong

Maybe I missed something in the story, but I don't think not being friends with girls or thinking of them as ****s is the solution here. You say you want to move on from how you feel about this guy. Your acquaintance has the same right to move on from her broken up relationship. And the guy has that same right too. Each one of you is in their right to get involved with whoever. Now, maybe he's more into her than she is into him, and that's why he keeps calling even though she doesn't want anything anymore, but that's between them, and not your problem. If you think she's leading him on and want to be a friend and tell him that, you can, but they should work this out themselves, imo. Now, if you still have feelings for him, then you should go and talk to him. Maybe he has moved on and you'll have to get over him, maybe he hasn't and there's still a chance, who knows. You'll only know if you try. If you don't try, though, you should accept the fact that other people will be attracted to him and will go out with him and maybe those people will be people you know and there's nothing you can do about it
You don't sound mean. I guess I just didn't explain it as well as I could have. This guy isn't just some guy. He's my best guy friend, which is basically why neither one of us wanted anything to happen. There's a lot more to the story, but I can't talk about it. It's not just a typical situation between people. There's a lot of added factors.

This girl, D, was brand new in town. Didn't know anyone. She's pretty and bubbly, and could have pretty much anyone she wants. I just don't know why she has to go after the guy she's been told to stay away from, if she's just going to say that she was never interested in the first place and shoot him down?

I don't know. I think I'm just more hurt than anything. He has been the first guy in years to like me for me, and not want in my pants, not want anything from me. And I'm just wondering if that's ever going to happen again. If that's going to take another ten years to happen.

But thank you so much for your input, I really appreciate it. It's great to hear from someone completely out of the situation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by falling slowly (View Post)
Hubby and I have been married 7 months on the 1st of January
Wow, that's amazing. Congratulations!

♥ mal
{icon by morgonrodnad}
Reply   Post New Thread