Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Old 08-05-2004, 10:16 AM
Master Fan

OK, here's my situation...

OK...so I went to this summer camp thing this year, and I met this amazing guy. Let's call him...Dave. So from day two of the camp, I was enamored of Dave. And I started hanging around, not in a stalker-way, but just in a "You're cute, I wanna be around you" kind of way, so I became friends with him and friends with the group (who I love, btw). I became part of the group, and it was hard to tell who I loved more - the group or Dave. In some respects, I loved Dave more, but in others, the group won out. Anyways...

Time went on, and on, and I was still in love with him...and so eventually I found out that this girl that's been hanging around us (let's call her...Callie) also likes Dave. And when I found that out (because she told me, face to face), I kind of went "oh...." and didn't say that I liked him too. Which may have been a mistake. So now I knew that I had competition, I started to flirt with Dave a lot more, and I told all my friends about my situation...and so the situation became really angsty, and all of my friends were rooting for me and Dave, and I really appreciated that. But in the end, I think Dave and Callie had a thing going, and on the last night of the camp, they started hugging and hooked up, even though they lived apart from each other. So when I saw that, I totally felt my heart fall from my chest. When everyone said goodbye to one another, they were hugging for a long time. He's in New York City, and she's in Delaware.

There's nothing I can do but stay friends with him, via AIM and telephone. It's not like I'm on the backburner, either, I mean he and I are really close for people who met at summer camp. We have nicknames and inside jokes and we've talked about important things, etc. But...is there anything more I should be doing?
i got stuck on the side you know i never chose
but it's all about taking the easy way out for you i suppose
*Shannon* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2004, 11:55 AM
Elite Fan

Arrange a meeting, then make a wind chime out of his genitals.
Old 08-05-2004, 12:00 PM
Moderator Support Team

Quote:
Originally posted by The Daywalker
Uh....yeah.

You can continue being friends with him and see how things go. Then, when you think the time is right, tell him how you feel and see how he responds. Right now, I don't think you're losing to Callie yet.
Quarterley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2004, 07:09 PM
Master Fan

I think you should just keep being his friend and maybe things will change overtime.
Charlize'sAngel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2004, 09:20 PM
Master Fan

I agree, beinf friends with him is better right now, get to know each other more... doing that you may have a better chance in getting him... if you know what I mean. Before becoming b/f and g/f being friends in the beginning is always better

I'm sorry you felt that way

Quote:
So when I saw that, I totally felt my heart fall from my chest.
I don't know how that feels so I ain't gonna try.... come back and tell us whats happening

Orton
xxx

Orton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2004, 09:30 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by The Daywalker
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
Old 08-28-2004, 09:54 PM
Master Fan

Thanks guys! I made plans to meet him and group next month. Should be fun! And Dave invited me to his house for a party a few days ago, but I wasn't able to go, family thing. Too bad.
i got stuck on the side you know i never chose
but it's all about taking the easy way out for you i suppose
*Shannon* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2004, 10:05 PM
Master Fan

I am glad your friends now but since he's with someone else you will heal from that and crush on som,ething new. You know what they say time heals all wounds.

BTW Good Advice Chris maybe I should do that if I am in that situation .
da #299
Jen Jaree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2004, 10:37 PM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Charlize'sAngel
I think you should just keep being his friend and maybe things will change overtime.
This was what I was gonna say. I agree with her
Old 08-29-2004, 09:13 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by *Shannon*
Thanks guys! I made plans to meet him and group next month. Should be fun! And Dave invited me to his house for a party a few days ago, but I wasn't able to go, family thing. Too bad.
Well thats great Its a shame you couldn't go to the party. But atleast he invited you

Orton
xxx

Orton is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply   Post New Thread