Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Old 02-05-2004, 06:19 PM
Extreme Fan

Is this normal (relationships)?

Okay so I split up with my bf a few months ago. At first I was all upset because I wanted him back, but with hindsight I realised that I didn't want that at all and was angry at the way I let him treat me. I just felt really, really mad at him and even now I hate him. I just plain hate him.

I hate feeling such anger and being such a bitter person with regards to this situations. I don't still like him and I feel I am over him, but I can't let go of this anger. It's never happened in the past with guys I have had stronger feelings for, I have felt more upset than angry.

I don't really want to speak to my friends about it as I don't want to bring him up, but I don't feel like I will ever stop not liking him. Is this completely abnormal, am I being stupid and not letting go? I feel I have let go of the relationship, but I can't let go of the anger.

Sorry for rambling [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img].

Every now and then I fall apart
Elegantly Wasted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2004, 06:38 PM
Obsessed Fan

It is not stupid at all [img]smilies/hug.gif[/img]

I have a lot of hate toward my EX Brandon. He treated me like crap and when we broke up I had so much hate and anger toward him. It is normal to feel that way, even more so if you know he treated you like crap.

And maybe you're mad at yourself because you let him and that isn't you're fault at all. Sometimes we just get blinded when we think we love someone. It takes time to get over people that have been a big part of you're life. I still feel pissed with him and sometimes I even think I should take him back but I know it isn't.

I think you should discuss this with your friends. It does help, trust me. Talking is a big part of healing. Obviously you are not over him, you can't move on because of all the feelings inside you. Talking and getting on with your life ands always remebering how better off you are without him and going out meeting new guys will all help.

It will get better [img]smilies/hug.gif[/img]
Old 02-05-2004, 06:41 PM
New Fan

I've been in that situation, and since its usually not go for anyone to yell everything you feel at him, I do the next best thing. Write it down. Get it all out on paper. The way you feel, the things to want to say. The hat, anger, guilt trips...etc... Do it as if you are going to give it to him. Whether you do or not is up to you, but i promise that the act of writing it down will do a lot for you.
To scare myself with my own desert places.
86MANDA86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2004, 06:54 PM
Master Fan

Maybe you should consider talking to your friends about it. It's always good to get support as well as a different perspective from people you trust and care about...
Charlize'sAngel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2004, 09:47 PM
Dedicated Fan

Typing it out is also a good way [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img] There's something cathartic about the pounding of the keys. Then later if you're feeling kind of crappy you can go back and read it and it helps to figure out how you've grown as a person and to learn from mistakes. Xanga and deadjournal are free if you don't have an online journal. they're pretty cool.
MMS Supporter #4! ILY Supporter #52! WYMM Supporter #33! LL Supporter #5! Official keeper of Luke's Wallet!
"A Nymphomaniacs Anonymous meeting would almost certainly end with a mass relapse every week." -Josh
Parvulissula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2004, 01:31 AM
Extreme Fan

Or, to have the combination of talking to your friends and writing it down and typing...
You can always visit the Broken Hearts Club. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img] We're very friendly there, and offer a lot of support for people in all kinds of different situations.
FinleyN1derland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2004, 01:59 AM
Master Fan

I think that is pretty much normal. Or at least for me. I had a semi-relationship with this guy who was really the first guy to ever look at me as a beautiful girl and tell me so, but he was an ass and treated me like I was his default girlfriend, and when all else failed, he'd always come back hoping to get some. I finally decided that I'd be in a relationship with him and his ex called him and asked him back and he totally forgot all about me again.

I dropped him like a hot freaking potato. I'm still pissed at him, in fact...half of the girls I know hate him. The really annoying thing is he doesn't realized I'm pissed at him for the way that he treated me. He IMed me the other day and was all "hey..." and I warned him and blocked him. Next time I see him I'm going to kick his ass probably. But I don't suggest you do that...lol.
Samantha #121
sick little jag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2004, 08:26 AM
Master Fan

yeah I too think its normal... but you should just remember that its over and that having any sort of feelings towards him is pointless. Thinking about things that have happened in the past is no good really.. so yeah I think you should accept that everything he did was in the past so hating him now for it... won't do any good. just let it go I guess... even though its easier said than done, I know.

but I have one question. are you really over him? because if you still feel something for him, even anger, then I don't think you are... but maybe that's just me.

good luck anyway. [img]smilies/hug.gif[/img]
*Ledi* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2004, 10:29 AM
Fan Forum Star

That is so stupid. I had many relationships end like that. so dont feel bad. [img]smilies/broken_heart.gif[/img]
icon: xthebesthing
*Kaylee* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2004, 10:43 AM
Ultimate Fan

My best advice is talk to your friends. Friends are great in situations like these.
I'm also in a complicated situation with an ex-boyfriend and talking to my friend helps a lot.

Also, Finley already told you up there about the Broken Hearts Club. People there are really great at listening to your problems and giving good advice.
Old 04-08-2004, 03:45 PM
Loyal Fan

yep it sure is! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] take care