Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Old 06-11-2004, 04:50 PM
Passionate Fan

Mass Cards and what to say...help please.

A girl that was on my cheerleading squad last year (she's just a year younger than me) mom has passed away. I wasn't very close to her, but got along with her obviously. I just feel so badly for the family. I am horrible when it comes to saying the right things at a time such a this. Do you think it's even appropriate for me to sign the guest book at the funeral home website since I wasn't really close with the girl? (The obituary directed condolences to be signed online...) I just would say something simply, "I'm very sorry for your thoughts. My thoughts and prayers are with your family."

Any advice?
* Lauren * is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2004, 06:04 PM
Master Fan

It is absolutely appropriate for you to sign the guestbook. The words don't so much matter -- it's the sentiment behind them. As long as you are speaking from your heart, it's the right thing to say.
girl in a cardigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2004, 06:51 PM
Master Fan

Just a few words in the guestbook wouldn't hurt. It doesnt have to be overly personal or anything.
Charlize'sAngel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2004, 08:17 PM
Obsessed Fan

I would definetly sign the guestbook - or even if you just send some flowers to thier house. A friend of mines mother died two years ago and she was really appreciative of everyone who sent flowers and went to the funeral. She said that even if they weren't super close to her, it was just nice to know they had had the thought.
Old 06-11-2004, 09:27 PM
Elite Fan

You really should sign. Her family will be comforted to know that there were people who cared about their daughter, so you might encourage others who knew her to sign as well.

If you can you might say something specific about her, even something simple like "I liked the way (her name) enjoyed making other people happy" would reassure her family that she was valued by those who knew her.

And, yes, it would be very appropriate to say that your thoughts and prayers are with the family.

You may never know how much every positive thought is welcomed at a time of loss, so please be sure to do this in memory of your friend.

Visit Picture Confessions #2...it's all about secrets!
Lemurian is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply   Post New Thread