Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Old 05-20-2008, 08:22 AM
Elite Fan

This is just weird...A Thread About Scary Stuff!

The first thing you should know is that there is no key to my front door--there never has been, and I bought the lock new. The second thing you should know is that I have the only electronic key to my security system, and I am the only person who knows the emergency codes.

......Yesterday I went through my usual routine when I was leaving the house: Check the locks and bolts on all doors; Set the security alarm. Everything was all secure. And when I came home everything was ordinary when I unlocked the back door and disarmed the security system.

But this is the weird thing: when I was tidying up I noticed that my front door was unlocked! It's impossible. The door can only be opened from the inside, and my security system never alarmed.

Weird...just weird.

.....................Has anything strange happened to you lately?

Visit Picture Confessions #2...it's all about secrets!
Lemurian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2008, 09:56 AM
Master Fan

Not to me, but my Grandma swears her house is haunted. Things turn on and off and move on their own all the time,
Old 05-20-2008, 09:56 AM
Elite Fan

Not strange but just a weird feeling. Yesterday, I ate a salad and Subway's Veggie Delite and I felt...well...odd. I do take in my vegetables but to eat solely that for one entire day was a new but strange feeling
Lain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2008, 10:45 AM
Supreme Fan

Ooh - that is really freaky about your locks! Do you remember if you specifically checked the front door lock before leaving?

Nothing too freaky happens to me, but one time when I was little and my family lived in the rural area, it had snowed overnight and when my friend (who was spending the night) and I got up in the morning, there were footprints in the snow leading up our driveway and around to every door of our house...it was just a very weird feeling that someone would walk around our house and try every door.

Icon by ~ Jis_Bon ~
Gabriela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2008, 02:51 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~+Yamiko (View Post)
Not strange but just a weird feeling. Yesterday, I ate a salad and Subway's Veggie Delite and I felt...well...odd. I do take in my vegetables but to eat solely that for one entire day was a new but strange feeling

Before I became a vegetarian I would get moody after eating meat. Eating veggie does make you feel a bit different--it's sort of like feeling lighter inside.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Unfaithful~ (View Post)
Not to me, but my Grandma swears her house is haunted. Things turn on and off and move on their own all the time,
I've lived in a haunted place before--it was totally creepy. But I don't think that this house is haunted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabriela (View Post)
Ooh - that is really freaky about your locks! Do you remember if you specifically checked the front door lock before leaving?

Nothing too freaky happens to me, but one time when I was little and my family lived in the rural area, it had snowed overnight and when my friend (who was spending the night) and I got up in the morning, there were footprints in the snow leading up our driveway and around to every door of our house...it was just a very weird feeling that someone would walk around our house and try every door.
Yeah, I definitely remember locking the door because I had been feeding one of my cats on the front steps, and I was trying not to get tuna on my hands.

That is too creepy to find footprints like that! I'm already careful about locking so seeing something like that would make me paranoid.

Old 05-20-2008, 08:09 PM
Fan Forum Star

Wow that is scary. Nothing strange has happened to me but strange things happen with my room mate. He sleep walks and he will end up in the weirdest places. Once I went into the bathroom and he was sleeping in the tub!
My LJ
AutumnColorsღ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2008, 08:22 PM
Fan Forum Star

Coming up to my house once both myself and my daughter saw our dog out on our front balcolny barking a welcome to us. It's rather high up and surrounded by a high fence that has many plants and flowers cascading downwards and the only way for my dog to get there is through the french windows of my kitchen. When we got inside my dog was lying inside on her favorite chair and the french windows were locked (you have to twist the handle to open them which is impossible for a dog)! We couldn't figure out how that happened. Nobody else was in the house to open or close those windows and if another dog had been on our balcolny my dog would have gone nuts and we would have heard her growling for miles.

Strange...
Old 05-20-2008, 09:39 PM
Elite Fan

How do you become a vegetarian? I wanna be one, but meat is just sooo good for me. Do you eat chicken or fish?
Bunny #166
Game of Thrones | Jon&Daenerys
~*Yuki*~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2008, 05:39 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleMilkJug (View Post)
....Nobody else was in the house to open or close those windows and if another dog had been on our balcolny my dog would have gone nuts and we would have heard her growling for miles.

Strange...
Strange indeed. Maybe your dog was dreaming that she was on the balcony.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~*Yuki*~ (View Post)
How do you become a vegetarian? I wanna be one, but meat is just sooo good for me. Do you eat chicken or fish?
I had no choice in the matter actually--for me becoming a vegetarian was a medical necessity.

While you're pregnant you really shouldn't make a drastic change in your diet, especially because you will need more protein right now. If you decide to go veggie, I'd suggest waiting at least until after your baby is born.

To become a vegetarian you need to begin with some knowledge of what the body needs for proper nutrition and you need to learn about "food combining" (wheat with cheese, beans with corn, and so on) so that you can get complete protein in your diet.

Old 05-21-2008, 02:27 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Off Topic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lemurian (View Post)
The first thing you should know is that there is no key to my front door--there never has been, and I bought the lock new. The second thing you should know is that I have the only electronic key to my security system, and I am the only person who knows the emergency codes.

......Yesterday I went through my usual routine when I was leaving the house: Check the locks and bolts on all doors; Set the security alarm. Everything was all secure. And when I came home everything was ordinary when I unlocked the back door and disarmed the security system.

But this is the weird thing: when I was tidying up I noticed that my front door was unlocked! It's impossible. The door can only be opened from the inside, and my security system never alarmed.

Weird...just weird.

.....................Has anything strange happened to you lately?
Lem, that is WEIRD! I wonder how that happened.

Just a few weeks ago, I came home to find my front door open! OPEN! And I'm pretty darn sure it was closed when I left that morning Nothing was out of place or missing, so I'm not sure what happened

And then a year ago, I came home to discover a burned out lightbulb had been replaced Come to find out, my mom had come to my house to borrow something and just took it upon herself to replace the bulb while she was there
Old 05-21-2008, 04:48 PM
Ultimate Fan

Once, a few years back, my dad told me that the guy who put the solar thingys on our roof would be coming to visit with a few students from my school to show them the solar stuff. I didn't like those guys and they would have to pass my room to get to the roof but I didn't want any of them to sneak into my room or anything. So, wehn I left the house that morning I closed my room dor and locked it (that's something I usually never do). I have the only key to that door and I took it with me.
But when I got home that afternoon the door was open. Not just unlocked, it was really open. And that door doesn't even have a doorknop/handle that you can move or something. You can only open that door from the outside when you put the key in the lock and turn it.
Old 05-22-2008, 06:07 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellow Mustang Girl (View Post)
....Just a few weeks ago, I came home to find my front door open! OPEN! And I'm pretty darn sure it was closed when I left that morning Nothing was out of place or missing, so I'm not sure what happened ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by germanJavaJunkie (View Post)
....I have the only key to that door and I took it with me.
But when I got home that afternoon the door was open. Not just unlocked, it was really open...

I'm beginning to think that the doors of the world have some secret agenda...... and that they are conspiring against us!

Old 05-23-2008, 08:33 AM
Elite Fan

..........More strangeness at Casa Lemuria.........

My house is fairly quiet. It's out in the middle of a semi-wooded field on a couple of acres. I don't hear a lot of noise from outside unless it's birds singing or frogs croaking or my guinea fowl screeching or something like that. And since I live by myself there's not a lot of noise from the inside of the house...unless I'm the one making the noise. But I'm a really quiet person--I don't even remember to turn on the radio most days.

So I was out in the kitchen this morning washing the dishes when I heard a big wham! Strange...check the front door...check the back door...look out the windows...no cars in my driveway except mine...no one in the yard.

So back to the sink I go, and a few moments later wham! Strange...I check the house. It's too small for there to be anywhere for anyone to hide. And the noise seems to be coming from inside.

Back to the kitchen....wham! I give up. I'm not looking this time. wham! Ignoring it. wham! Not paying any attention.

Then I come into the study to write a note to a friend and just as I sit at my desk I see my cat Daisy playing with her catnip mouse. Daisy comes running into the study and wham! rams into the closet door.

Mystery solved. Case closed.

...................but I still haven't figured out the mystery of the unlocked front door.

Last edited by Lemurian; 05-23-2008 at 09:19 AM
Old 05-30-2008, 07:38 AM
Fan Forum Star

Lem At least half a dozen times in the past couple years I've just forgotten to lock the door when I come home...usually I don't notice that it's unlocked until the next morning.

The only weird thing I've ever noticed is that streetlights occasionally go out as I'm walking under them.
Wild Pikachu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2008, 04:21 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Pika's beginning to lose his memory.
Actual Janet ~ Councillors Supporter #28 Let's call it hope
Lost in Translation is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply   Post New Thread