Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Old 02-02-2004, 01:11 AM
Master Fan

It's Official: I shall end up an old lady with 500 cats

So my mom and I went to PetsMart to get some dog food for our black lab and I made the mistake of looking in the direction of the cat kenels. I don't know about other places, but here they have cats from the Humane Society here that can be adopted. Well, I'm a sucker for cats, so I ran over to keep them company while my mom shopped. There was a really big (and I mean this guy was huge) male cat named Richard, then a long haired blue/cream colored Calico, and then there was this little, shrimpy, scrawny, Calico that was just so cute. She was meowing and rolling around and insisting I pet her.

So, that was as far as I got. Because I had to have the little scrawny calico.

She looks alot like a cat that I had for a long time that got hit by a car one year ago next month. As soon as I saw her little face I almost started crying, so as soon as my mom told me we had to let her go I started bawling. I'm a total freak, because I still have no idea why I couldn't stop crying.

But, to make a long story short, I am now the owner of a 9 month old Calico cat named Ludmilla (but I'm not calling her that...god no). I'm just going to call her just Milla.

And she's really cute. And I have to hide her from my grandmother or else she'll have a ***** fit.
Samantha #121
sick little jag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2004, 01:22 AM
Elite Fan

heh how cute. I was almost the same when i was in the pet store a couple year ago. I went to check out the cats and this orangish calico saw me there, so he sadly walked to the middle of the cage and sat there looking so damn sad. Head down and would glance up at me once in awhile. [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img] His name was Avery. Ihope he would a good home.
Old 02-02-2004, 04:25 AM
Extreme Fan

Aww that is so sweet of you.

I wish I could have a pet too (since I love cats) but hey, living in a flat isn't a very conducive environment for animals. Whoever says that 1 cat will lead to 500? (though that's not THAT bad a scenario) [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Why must you hide Milla, does your grandmother hates cats?
Old 02-02-2004, 09:31 AM
Total Fan

Aw, that was nice of you.

I'm going to end up and old lady with 500 cats too. Maybe we can start a club.
Old 02-02-2004, 10:24 AM
Master Fan

How cute! Can we see pics? Please? [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

YAY!
Dances With Poodles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2004, 10:45 AM
Master Fan

soon there shall be pictures. not right now though...I have to get to class and then after I get back I can upload them.

wizard87- My grandma doesn't hate cats really, but if she knew we got another one...yeah. heh. We already have 5.
Samantha #121
Old 02-02-2004, 11:26 AM
Elite Fan

I hate cats. I want a dog.

Carlos
Sick Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2004, 11:33 AM
Obsessed Fan

Aww the cat sounds cuteness.

I have a weakness for Rabbits. If I see the little rabbits hoping around I am a sucker. I used to have 5 dwaf rabbits, I adored them but over time I gave a couple to friends and one died and 2 I recently gave to the shelter becuase my Nephews who I look after were treating them toys. And I don't have time.

But yup I shall end up a old woman with 500 rabbits.
Old 02-02-2004, 12:12 PM
Master Fan

I always knew there was something off about you Carlos. You don't like cats! What's wrong with you! [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img]

I had a rabbit once. We called it Becky the Bunny from Hell. It was psycho.

[ 02-02-2004: Message edited sick little jag ]
Samantha #121
Old 02-02-2004, 12:39 PM
Total Fan

I love cats too. We had 3 when I lived with my parents and I wanted to take 1 when I moved, but my mom wouldn't let me seperate them. So, now I have to get my own, which is fine. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Icon by Elya
*Krissy* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2004, 12:54 PM
Master Fan

here are some pictures of her. she's so cute and tiny!

Samantha #121
Old 02-02-2004, 01:29 PM
Extreme Fan

An adorable happy cat...

I have to force myself not to get more animals. I've never been without an animal in my life & a lot of the times we take them in or they find us. But I have enough for now...and I'm a neat freak - which is a good thing when you have animals that could potentially stink.

We got Marvin from Petsmart - he came with his name & he lived in an animal hospital for 2 years - now he's about 3 1/2 and he acts like he's 3 months old. We have Kiko who we got from a family that was going to throw out the kittens - found all of them homes and we kept her - she is beautiful but has stopped growing so she's really tiny for her age. We have Layla that I got from a women - that again I didn't think was taking care of the litter of pups - but I paid for Layla (I know adopting is better) but I couldn't leave her, she's a Yorkie but she's pretty big. And finally Eeyore our Guinea Pig - we built him a huge home and he lives like a king - he's in love with our dog & wants to be with our cats but they would just love to eat him.

So yeah...I know what you mean though...its easy to keep on getting animals (but they are really expensive & we spoil ours) so we have plenty - for now [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img].

Cantbehrit [img]smilies/star.gif[/img]
Old 02-02-2004, 01:38 PM
Elite Fan

Cutttteeeeee cat.
Old 02-02-2004, 01:46 PM
Master Fan

I know what you mean. Everytime I go to a pet store, I swear I could easily bring all the puppies home with me.
Charlize'sAngel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2004, 01:49 PM
Part-Time Fan

I did a similar thing once. We were helping to move my brother into his new house which was just in front of a church, and while we were moving boxes and stuff this old lady came from behind the church with a tin of cat food. We asked what the cat food was for and she said there was a stray cat with a litter of kittens behind the church. We naturally being a huge cat person I had to check it out, and there were these three gorgeous little kittens, about 6 weeks old, including a particularly lovely white one with a tabby head and tail, really distinctive markings. I just fell in love with her straight away, I've always wanted a tabby and white cat, and I managed to get her to come to me and held her for ages. Just knew I had to have her!

My mum was easily convinced but dad wasn't too keen on the idea, he's not especially keen on cats and we already had 3 - we usually only get new ones to replace dead ones. But sometimes a bit of persistence pays off, and eventually my dad was worn down, mwahaha. So now Paul (yes she is a girl, but we found her behind St. Paul's church) has been very happily living with us for about 3 years, and she's just the loveliest cat ever - so pretty and sweet natured, even my dad's fallen for her, even though he'd never admit it!