Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Tags Thread Tools
Old 02-02-2016, 10:56 PM
Elite Fan

http://www.fanforum.com/f19/what-las.../#post84923976
Old 02-06-2016, 11:13 PM
Elite Fan

New thread http://www.fanforum.com/f19/person-a...10-a-63165829/, http://www.fanforum.com/f19/word-ass...10-a-63165828/ and http://www.fanforum.com/f19/comfort-food-12-a-63165827/
Old 04-03-2016, 12:52 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Basic Info
Name:
Paula
Current Obsession: The 100

1. What is your favorite thing about winter?
Snow
2. What is your least favorite thing about winter?
The cold
3. Do you get "snow days" from work or school? If so, what do you typically do on those snow days?
My kids got a snow day because the gate was frozen (at the top, very high gate) and they couldn't open it.
4. What does your winter bucket list include?
I can't think of any.
5. What are some typical traditions you do in winter?
Making a snow angel in my bathing suit
Hot chocolate with wipped cream

Last update in January; I'd say we need a new set of questions
Old 04-03-2016, 01:23 AM
Master Fan

Wow, yeah, indeed Weekly questionaires are no longer really weekly Maybe it would be a better idea to do monthly questionaires? Maybe that puts less pressure on the people making them?

Basic Info
Name:
Mascha
Current Obsession: Agents of SHIELD, iZombie

1. What is your favorite thing about winter? Cozy stuff, my parents' woodstove, hot chocolate.

2. What is your least favorite thing about winter? Snow

3. Do you get "snow days" from work or school? If so, what do you typically do on those snow days? Only if it's reeeeal bad, so that.. well.. once per decade... maybe...? Well, I've had some occasions during my university program where the trains weren't departing because of the snow, so I guess I had those days off And then I just stay inside, nice and warm

4. What does your winter bucket list include? A vacation to Italy

5. What are some typical traditions you do in winter? Going on vacation to Italy And of course some christmas traditions: having dinner with my family in law etc. And baking a christmas cake with my mom!
Old 04-03-2016, 01:24 AM
Master Fan

Wow, yeah, indeed Weekly questionaires are no longer really weekly Maybe it would be a better idea to do monthly questionaires? Maybe that puts less pressure on the people making them?

Basic Info
Name:
Mascha
Current Obsession: Agents of SHIELD, iZombie

1. What is your favorite thing about winter? Cozy stuff, my parents' woodstove, hot chocolate.

2. What is your least favorite thing about winter? Snow

3. Do you get "snow days" from work or school? If so, what do you typically do on those snow days? Only if it's reeeeal bad, so that.. well.. once per decade... maybe...? Well, I've had some occasions during my university program where the trains weren't departing because of the snow, so I guess I had those days off And then I just stay inside, nice and warm

4. What does your winter bucket list include? A vacation to Italy

5. What are some typical traditions you do in winter? Going on vacation to Italy And of course some christmas traditions: having dinner with my family in law etc. And baking a christmas cake with my mom!
Old 04-04-2016, 09:08 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Off Topic

Yea, we decided to spread them out to 4 weeks or so. Guess we should change the wording
Old 04-08-2016, 12:19 PM
Master Fan

It's been 13 weeks
Maybe make it 'seasonal' instead? A nice spring questionnaire?
Old 04-29-2016, 03:23 PM
Fan Forum Star

http://www.fanforum.com/f19/what-tim.../#post85914608

http://www.fanforum.com/f19/song-i-c.../#post85914671

http://www.fanforum.com/f19/what-mad.../#post85949519

Icon Credit: my beating heart

Last edited by Jenny's Dimple; 05-02-2016 at 05:45 AM
Old 05-07-2016, 09:06 PM
Loyal Fan

I used to be here a long time ago.... as you can tell by my "Joined" Date. I even learned english posting and lurking here. FF just kept emembering my birthday for the years that came after, so I though I'd visit my oldest internet habitat and drop some good vibes to everyone. Have a great weekend!
Old 05-17-2016, 04:36 PM
Elite Fan

^ Hello and welcome back

New thread. http://www.fanforum.com/f19/location-game-1-a-63171499/
Old 05-19-2016, 02:03 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Basic Info
Name:
Janet
Current Obsession: the 100, Wentworth

1. What is your favorite thing about winter?
Maybe how pretty it is when the sun rises/sets and you get that orange-y glow? It's hard to choose the best in a bad lot. It's either this or new tv.

2. What is your least favorite thing about winter? Ice, especially when it's hidden by snow. My body really knows how to brace for this and I end up stiff. It's just a bad thing all around.

3. Do you get "snow days" from work or school? If so, what do you typically do on those snow days? When I was in school I think there were a couple of days where school was cancelled but mostly it was our mothers who went "you're not walking to school in -25 weather!" The one time winter really cocked up school for us was back in 1998 when we had the ice storm. Check it out kiddos, no electricity for a week for many of us and up to 3 weeks-a month in the rural areas!

4. What does your winter bucket list include? Visiting somewhere warm. I did go to Cuba, next time I travel in winter I'd like to do Costa Rica or Belize.

5. What are some typical traditions you do in winter? Buying an overpriced holiday drink from Starbucks. Also Christmas-y stuff (Christmas Eve is usually appetizers and loads of desserts). Also we tend to go to Alight at Night, a show put on at Upper Canada Village (a living history museum) where they dress up their old buildings with Christmas lights. Yes, it's anachronistic but it's so pretty! Oh and there's the time-honoured tradition of griping about snow, ice, cold weather, how the salt stains are ruining our pants, climbing the snow mounds not cleared away when they clear the sidewalks/streets, griping about the snow clearing. Lots and lots of traditions here.
Actual Janet ~ Councillors Supporter #28 Let's call it hope
Old 05-20-2016, 06:14 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Basic Info
Name: Leonie
Current Obsession: Chicago Fire and Chicago PD

1. What is your favorite thing about winter? Christmas snow, big scarves, hot chocolate.

2. What is your least favorite thing about winter? glazed frost on the road. I'm always so scared to fall

3. Do you get "snow days" from work or school? If so, what do you typically do on those snow days? I can't remember a lot from when I was a child. But I had a week of 'snow days' in January...although I did have to work from home, cause I had an event coming up in the weekend (Im in event planning)

4. What does your winter bucket list include? I want to visit Switzerland/Austria again when it's snowing around Christmas, that would be great. Or New York, to let myself live in Home Alone 2

5. What are some typical traditions you do in winter?
I'm not sure if I have winter traditions...
Old 05-23-2016, 02:52 PM
Master Fan

New Thread: What Time Is It? #58
Old 05-24-2016, 07:35 AM
Passionate Fan

Basic Info
Name: Nicole
Current Obsession: The Chicago Trilogy.

1. What is your favorite thing about winter? The Holidays that come with winter.

2. What is your least favorite thing about winter? Ice and the bitter cold.

3. Do you get "snow days" from work or school? If so, what do you typically do on those snow days? Not unless I call off from work. In which case, I normally stay in, cuddled up, and watch Netflix.

4. What does your winter bucket list include? Skiing, building a snowman, having a snowball fight, making snow angels.

5. What are some typical traditions you do in winter? Just celebrating the holidays, really.

Old 06-01-2016, 08:29 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Basic Info
Name: BabyButtonEyes
Current Obsession: Bates Motel; The X-Files

1. What is your favorite thing about winter? Cooler weather and coziness being indoors

2. What is your least favorite thing about winter? ice and snow when I have to drive

3. Do you get "snow days" from work or school? If so, what do you typically do on those snow days? No, unless I literally cannot drive there. If I can't, I stay home, read a book, make something, watch tv.

4. What does your winter bucket list include? Finding the best hot chocolate out there.

5. What are some typical traditions you do in winter? i get two weeks off work during Christmas so that's fun, just spend time with family and catch up on my book to-read lists.