Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Old 01-08-2005, 06:42 PM
Ultimate Fan

If you treat me like dirt, I'm not your friend.

Another crazy dilemma.. whatever right?

Usually this stuff doesn't bug me, but here it goes. I once posted about a girl, Leslie, who ditched me at a club and went home, while I was worrying sick about her. And blah blah... more information about what I once posted here .

Well I was never really interested in her, due to that incident. Bur for some reason she keeps calling me several times to hang out. I've told her million excuses in the past, but she apparently doesn't get it. She called today and I said no again.. that I couldn't because bla bla... so probably no. Why is she so persistant? Honestly I've never met anyone so persistant in my live.

I'm not a very outgoing or social girl, thus when people call I tend to get excited. However, toxic people are out of my life. And by toxic peeps I mean, the ones who treat you like crap and suddenly think you'll forget it and everything is going to be nice again. We'll if you treat me like dirt, our friendship is over.

I mentioned part of this to a friend of mine who knows Miriam and Leslie. He found it very odd that Leslie would call me to hang out at all.

I don't despise her, nor Miriam. I don't hate people, nor do I believe in revenge. But as I said, if you treat me like dirt, don't expect me to be your friend. I'll be nice to you and civiliced, though, that would be about it.

I had to tell you guys this, I just had to get it out.
barelylegal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2005, 07:53 PM
Addicted Fan

Girl, amen. When I read your post I felt like it could have been me who wrote it. Just gotta say that I know how it is to feel unappreciated, in my case by people who are supposed to be your best friends. It's so damn frustrating, and scary. Personally I've been with the same group for 4 years or so and NOTHING has changed. They never take me seriously when I try to talk.. I feel like a joke. I feel...trapped.
pinch990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2005, 08:25 PM
Extreme Fan

Good for you! I hate people who think that they can just treat you like crap and you're just going to allow them to keep on doing it. Don't be friends with the "Toxic Friend"
*Elle* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2005, 09:03 PM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Elle*
Good for you! I hate people who think that they can just treat you like crap and you're just going to allow them to keep on doing it. Don't be friends with the "Toxic Friend"
Word.

I agree with Elle. I have been treated like crap by a lot of people in my life still am but no one ever hears my side or cares about what I have to say so I say screw them. Gotta always keep the trash outta your life, I have learnt that latley.
Old 01-08-2005, 10:42 PM
Ultimate Fan

Wow! Your previous post makes me feel so sad...they are definetely not friends worth worrying about, I dont think I could ever forgive someone if they did this to me, let alone act civil to them so - BIG UP'S to you for being 'bigger' than them and good luck with everything

Its GREAT to be politically correct!
roswellain_chick16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2005, 04:59 AM
Master Fan

Stuff em

Surround yourself with people that make you happy

Romeo take me somewhere we can be alone
Scooby_Doo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2005, 05:07 AM
Extreme Fan

amen!

these people aren't worth your time. they're just using you. i know a girl like that too, she's really nice to me when there's no one else. but when there's other people she insults me (really subtly too) and insults me and basically is nasty to me. i have no idea why since i don't think i did anything to her. i've never been mean to her. but honestly now i can't be bothered about her. if she wants to be nice to me, fine. if not, i don't care. they're not worth it.
Old 01-09-2005, 05:31 AM
Master Fan

Anything that makes you feel so unhappy and unappreciated definitely isn't worth it. It took me years to learn that lesson and sometimes I forget it, still, and fret at great length about so-called friends who, when I look back on the situation, clearly didn't care about my feelings.

Be strong and concentrate on friendships that are worth the time and effort. You deserve nothing less from other people than the effort and consideration that you show in return.
*Jo* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2005, 07:24 AM
Fan Forum Star

If you treat me like dirt, I puncha your face!!!
Old 01-09-2005, 03:13 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by barelylegal
I'm not a very outgoing or social girl, thus when people call I tend to get excited.
Hah, I thought I was reading about myself there for a minute.

I had a friend that I'd somewhat stayed in touch with after high school; we got together now and then. I'd given her this Christmas present a year or so ago. I'd worked really hard on it, I made her a big poster collage from magazine cut-outs that took forever. About two days after I'd given it to her, she stopped talking to me- wouldn't call me back or answer email. I wasn't persistent about it, I just dropped her a line now and then. Finally I emailed her and asked why she wasn't talking to me or anything, and she responded that it wasn't much fun when we got together anymore and that she didn't feel like we should have to force a friendship -- which to me just came out of nowhere, lol. I was like... okay. I resisted the urge to reply telling her to have a nice life.

Anyway, a while back she IMed me and was acting like nothing changed, and I'm thinking... whatever. I don't want to talk to you anymore. You were mean. I don't remember what we said but we haven't talked since. I still think it's one of the meanest things anyone's ever told me. "I don't have fun with you anymore and I don't want to force a friendship." Bah!
Mandy Renay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2005, 03:43 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by roswellain_chick16
....BIG UP'S to you for being 'bigger' than them and good luck with everything
That's what I was thinking as well. It takes some courage to be nice while still having the sense to protect yourself. Sounds like you're doing just right.

Visit Picture Confessions #2...it's all about secrets!
Lemurian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2005, 07:50 PM
Ultimate Fan

Thanks for replying. You guys rock!
barelylegal is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply   Post New Thread