Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Old 12-04-2004, 06:21 AM
Master Fan

I swear, I'm about to scream

So...I'm taking the SATs tomorrow morning and I've left studying a prepairing for them to the last minute. I really want to get a good score, but from practice tests I've taken, I'm estimating that I'll get a 1070, and I really want to get about a 1200.

But...it's almost 11:30 and I have to be up in the morning to be to the test location by 7:45 and I have not done nearly enough studying.

So in other words, I'm screwed, but I can't say I didn't bring it on myself.

Ugh....it's just frustrating.
Samantha #121
sick little jag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2004, 06:22 AM
Fan Forum Star

I'm sorry, but good luck anyway
Old 12-04-2004, 07:14 AM
Master Fan

heh...thanks.
Samantha #121
Old 12-04-2004, 09:31 AM
Obsessed Fan

SAT's = oh the nightmares!
I didn't like taking the SAT's. The stress brought on by the SAT's is awful. You spend all this time worrying ahead of time about the test. Then you worry during the test. Then afterwards you worry about how you did on the test. It doesn't help that the test is timed.
Old 12-04-2004, 09:33 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Aww good luck
Old 12-04-2004, 09:58 AM
Addicted Fan

Can you take the SAT again? I only took the ACT and I made a 24, which is equivalent to a 1070 if I recall. Anyway, go get coffee in the morning and you'll do fine. Starbucks does a body good, darling.
Old 12-04-2004, 11:49 AM
Master Fan

I find really stupid this whole test thing... I mean, a thing like that can really affect your future career?

Photographs
Blog
ALittaM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2004, 11:57 AM
New Fan

To me those tests are just a momentary take on how smart you are. If you don't feel well, if you haven't slept all that great or if your mind is preoccupied... you automatically do worse on them. Unfortunately many people believe in the outcome of these tests and let them affect your future career.

Here in the Netherlands we've got to do a test when we're in the final year of primary school. The outcome of that test basically affects your whole secondary school because you can, for example, only enter the pre-university type of education if you've scored high on the test.

I'm lucky to have scored high on this test so that I can do the type of thing I've always wanted... but there are many people who aren't that lucky...

Anyways, good luck to anyone taking exams or tests or whatevers!
Old 12-04-2004, 02:28 PM
Master Fan

I hope everything goes well!
*Ledi* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2004, 03:17 PM
Obsessed Fan

Ugh I hated the SAT's it was a pretty stressfull time and we'll I never really studied a lot as I was to busy having a social life which I regret.

I hope everything goes okay... Good Luck I am sure you will be okay.
Old 12-04-2004, 04:05 PM
Master Fan

It's ok Sammie. I know you'll do great. Make me proud.

.icon.
Chynna Princess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2004, 05:58 PM
Addicted Fan

Good luck!....I wouldn't have time to get on the computer if I was taking the SAT's. I stress over little 10 point quizzes!
Old 12-04-2004, 06:52 PM
Addicted Fan

I'm SO glad I got my last testing over with today. Took the SAT II Writing and Spanish, and they pretty much murdered me. *shrugs*

Good luck to you, though, even though you're almost done anyway..
Old 12-04-2004, 07:45 PM
Master Fan

I just got back...and while I didn't have time to go get coffee, what with it being freezing and all in the outdoors hallway, I woke up real quick. I probably would've had time to run and get coffee and still be let in because they took forever to get people signed in and to their rooms...I don't think we started when we were supposed to.

Eh...I think I did okay. Verbal I didn't do as much as I was hoping (I can usually finish all of the verbal stuff, but I had maybe one or two overall that I had to skip because my sleep addled mind was going ".....huh?" over), and math went about as good as I expected (meaning, i sucked).

So, yay for mediocrity!

Also, you can take the SATs pretty much as many times as you want, but I wanted to get them done and get a good score before next year because they are taking out analogies and having you write an essay and um no.
Samantha #121
Old 12-04-2004, 07:57 PM
Passionate Fan

You don't have to write essays? We have GCSEs in the UK and practically all of the exams are essay based.