Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Old 08-22-2005, 09:34 PM
Total Fan

Hair Removal?

Alright...so I'm sure there's another thread around here somewhere...but I didn't feel like looking through 100 pages of posts...so don't kill me.

Anyway, I'm just wondering what hair removal techniques/advice you can give. I'm mostly a shaver, but I've delved into waxing before. I've thought of electrolysis or laser hair removal...but have heard those are both painful and sometimes ineffective, not to mention expensive. So, if anyone has advice about that, that'd be great.

Also, I'd like to add...I hate hair.
Marissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2005, 09:36 PM
Master Fan

I hate hair too, and I hate when you have it because it's hereditary. Did I spell that right?

Well my father was a hairy bastard, everywhere except his head. So, in that I am cursed. Nair for me irritates my skin, so I shave. I have wanted electrolysis, and I am deathly afraid of waxing.
Old 08-22-2005, 09:41 PM
Total Fan

Yes, I know, I hate how hair is hereditary.

Nair = evil. Really. It's smelly and it doesn't work and it makes your skin all red! Yuck.

You should try waxing -- it's really not that bad. I've only ever done my eyebrows & bikini, but I think it's pretty awesome. I mean, yes, it does hurt some. But, it lasts pretty long and there's no stubble. The one thing I don't like is that you have to grow back the hair before you can rewax...so I've never really understood how people can just wax, with no shaving in between.
Marissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2005, 09:42 PM
Master Fan

Yeh I wouldn't want to walk around all stubbly.
Old 08-22-2005, 09:48 PM
Master Fan

Well, we have a Beauty Tips a few pages back, and we talked about a few hair removal techniques.

Nair gives me chemical burns and stinks to high *****in heaving. Veet is more gentle, but both of those things don't work on me very well...but then I've got more surface to remove hair from, so I just shave because it's convenient.
Samantha #121
sick little jag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2005, 10:04 PM
Master Fan

My cousin has this thing called Epilady (sp?) and it's basically like a miniature vacuum that sucks all of the hair off your legs. I was in a hurry to go somewhere and I decided to try it and wooooo did it hurt! I'm a shaver through and through.
Old 08-22-2005, 11:18 PM
Elite Fan

I shave, definitely. I tried Nair and it worked okay on me, though it stunk like crazy, but it's definitely not reccommended for legs or anything. And I get my eyebrows waxed whenever need be.
barbeegurl00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2005, 04:17 AM
Elite Fan

I just shave...too lazy to bother trying anything else.

Visit Picture Confessions #2...it's all about secrets!
Lemurian is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply   Post New Thread