Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Tags Thread Tools
Old 11-11-2017, 11:25 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I always find it easier to re-read books I've already read, and re-watch shows and films I've already seen. I have re-watched Once many times. I haven't re-watched season 6 yet, though.

I used to get very cold at night when I lived with my parents as the room I was in had no insulation at all, I used to wear a dressing gown in bed, and wrap myself in my old baby blanket, and stuff the corners with other things.. I hate feeling cold in bed. Not much of a problem these days, though! My fitbit told me exactly how much sleep I had last night, and how much was restless. I was under the impression I slept badly, but it said I was only awake 22 minutes during the night.

Yes, Kim I fully swept the driveway and garden path. I didn't get to raking the leaves off the lawn, though, but when the bin is emptied, I might use the lawnmower for that, when it's a bit drier.
Old 11-11-2017, 11:26 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I think I'm going through something similar. I can't focus on any one thing long enough to do it.

How many books do you usually read in a year?

I'm watching Live PD. My favorite officer and his K9 dog Flex are in the studio guest hosting. So, that's fun.

Trying to figure out what kind of mood I'm in so far today. How are you feeling?

Claire! JINX! I haven't re-watched Once, at all. I have season 1 on DVD. I'm going to start Andromeda. I don't think I ever saw season 5, but I have it.

We don't have insulation either, as it's such an old house. I'm glad you have a warm place now.

How freaking cool that your fibit does that!

Glad you got the work done you wanted.

Kim
Old 11-11-2017, 11:36 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I find it hard to focus on things too, Kim.

It was quite cool. I spent some time looking at the graph of my sleep, I find such things quite fascinating!
Old 11-11-2017, 11:44 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Kim, you sound in a fairly good mood. I hope yours goes up nicely! I'm still lounging in bed, but despite thinking about things as usual and having some leaky eyes, I'm reading what I've been writing here and in email and I sound like I'm hyper, do I sound hyper? I'm not, I think today I feel like I'll be in a decent mood so far, once I'm up and have eaten food. It's moving day here, my brothers came over and helped moved upstairs furniture out to parents new place.

I can usually read around 35 books per year if I'm not distractable. I also count audiobooks during commutes, that's the best way to get through a book is to listen to it while driving.
Old 11-11-2017, 11:50 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I find I don't concentrate on audiobooks. My husband likes them, but I prefer to listen to music or the radio.

Sounds busy there, Leanne. Love your icon!
Old 11-11-2017, 11:51 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I find that absolutely fascinating too, Claire, and now I'm jealous cause I want to know those things about me.

So, none of us can focus on anything. I can't ever just watch something-I'm always doing something else, then wondering what I missed.

Leanne No, you don't sound hyper. I'm glad you feel like you'll be in a decent mood. Is that a Bones avie?

I hate moving days. I always feel so anxious, and unsettled. I don't like things changing. We moved 7 times when my mother was married to my ex-step-dad. Once completely across the country. Bleh.

How are you feeling about the changes now?

Listening to books sounds perfect for you, when you had your long commute.

I listen to TV most of the time.

Kim
Old 11-11-2017, 11:53 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Claire, thanks, thought I never had a Bones icon so I picked one where they are happy
I only concentrate on audiobooks while driving somehow, not anywhere else, cause I guess in the car I'm a captive listener ... and if I do listen to it, then I won't get in the old habit of thinking of sad memories and crying instead I listened to two books so far since work started.
Old 11-11-2017, 11:55 AM
Fan Forum Hero

We posted about the same time as my post above yours.

Kim
Old 11-11-2017, 11:57 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I'm the same Kim. Most shows are on whilst I'm doing something-else. I'm either on the computer, or doing puzzles, or sewing. I have to be doing something. If it's something I'm very interested in, I'll stop myself doing something-else, but if my attention wanders, then I'm on the computer again, and missing what's going on, again!

Even in the car I don't listen, Leanne! I daydream too much. It's a good picture of them.
Old 11-11-2017, 12:02 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Kim, to me, your post appears below mine! I don't like the changes much, I'm worried about a lot of things like food, cooking, food disposal, and the amounts of garbage they will produce and myself cause there are limits apparently to how much garbage they pick up per household, and recycling and just a lot of things.

When I was a kid, I moved to about 4 houses, 3 elementary schools and three cities. As opposed to my more outgoing non anxious sister who never moved one city or school in her whole youth or life til she was an adult.... I should have had that and she could have handled the moves instead but nope, I had to be the oldest and she the youngest!
Old 11-11-2017, 12:03 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Claire do you rewind to watch what you missed, or just go on without going back?

I daydream too much, too.

Leanne Yeah, it's scary when everyday things we count on change. The things we depend on to be the same are no longer going to be the same. Try not to worry too much. I know you, you'll figure it all out.

I was the oldest, too, so I got stuck being the responsible ont.

Kim
Old 11-11-2017, 12:08 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I occasionally rewind it, Kim, but most of the time I don't. If a whole episode goes past and I don't remember what happened I might switch to something-else for a bit! I often have favourite YouTube videos on as I don't need to concentrate on them.

I hope it all works out for you Leanne. I'm surprised no one has addressed these issues before the move happened, though.
Old 11-11-2017, 12:14 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Kim, we sure are on a talkative roll so far this long weekend it's hard to tear away from wanted constant company to go "do things".

Yeah, I never liked my parents saying I had to be an "example" to my brothers as a kid. However, I was a natural leader so I was fine with leading them in what to do or how to play and what we would play, I also had no problem fighting with the boys cause I was older than them, apparently still thinking that way to attempt fighting my 17 yr old brother cause he always is my little brother

Yeah, Claire, but it seemed like no matter my concerns, this was gonna happen anyway so my only option is adjust and adapt, my usual role in life.
Old 11-11-2017, 12:19 PM
Fan Forum Hero

that's what I do too, Claire. Unless I catch right away that I missed something, I move on.

Leanne it's so nice all of us being able to hang out together.

I'm a good leader, too, I just hate what an unfair impact it's had on my life-how much more is expected of me.

Gotta roll with it, no matter what we want, and we have to trust that we can adapt to the changes.

They just showed my officer training his K9. It was so cool, and so fascinating just how talented and smart these dogs are.

Kim
Old 11-11-2017, 12:22 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I think dogs and cats are smarter than humans think they are, adults even don't realize how smart human kids are really, let alone dogs or cats! If they could talk, we'd be very surprised probably!

Yeah, all my siblings younger than me have surpassed me in "life accomplishments".