Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Tags Thread Tools
Old 08-13-2017, 06:45 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Having a very late lunch as I didn't notice the time! Just had Thai green chicken soup, So nice!

Done some packing. I still need to empty the bins, and the others need to pack their things.

I'm enjoying my time alone.

Yes, Kim was really bad earlier.

Sounds like your friends will have a good time, Karen!
Old 08-13-2017, 10:13 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Claire! Are you leaving on holiday today or tomorrow? Yum, I just woke up and now want green chicken Thai soup, I'm such a copycat not that I can find any of that though

Kimmie! yep, it was fun to see that show, although the character is greatly exaggerated (in my opinion) I don't think I need to call the doctor about it, I think it was bound to do this and relieve the pressure building... I'll just take care of it as if healing any other wound... til my "being awake" surgery fun day!

I go back to work the day after Labour Day in September... I think that's the Tuesday the 5th. And it's gonna be strange cause the libraries will have new furniture, organization and 1-2 new co-coworkers along with me trying to make the libraries run efficiently... not used to sharing my work space at the same time or others trying to tell me what to do so... hopefully I can adjust myself without feeling like I'll explode with frustration
Old 08-13-2017, 10:52 AM
Fan Forum Hero

is killing me not loading, and taking 5 minutes to sign in.

Claire so glad you enjoyed your lunch, and your time alone, even if you were busy. Checking on others packing is another job in itself.

Leanne I would freak out about being awake surgery. They'd have to dope me up with something first, so that I didn't care.

That's good about your shoulder-well, not good, but that it's just natural.

I hope you can adjust quickly.

Took a short nap, I was feeling woozy for some reason, but I feel better now. It was just trying to get into that kept me away. If this double posts, I'm not editing, cause it'll take too long. : So excuse that, and any typos I made.

Kim
Old 08-13-2017, 11:02 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Wonder why is being such a punk for you, Kim? how frustrating. It has been a bit slow for me to get a post through but not like 5 minutes!

I'm just doing my Sunday morning bed lounge. I think it's over cast sky today. Last night it actually rained... it was weird hearing rain after soooo long.
Old 08-13-2017, 11:21 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Wow! It rained? That's great Leanne! I love green Thai curry, but I felt sick afterwards. on the plus side we're narrowing down what it is which makes me feel that way. I'm off on holiday first thing tomorrow.

I did it Kim, being awake during a minor operation, it was nerve-racking, but the doctor and nurse were so good, they kept up a flow of small talk to take my mind off it. I'm planning to uncover my stitches tomorrow, I'm so looking forward to that!
Old 08-13-2017, 11:37 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I'm gonna be like you, Claire, having stitches in the back of my lower shoulder... wonder how I'll lie down without it hurting there!

You seem to be feeling sick after eating. I hope it's not anything like developing GERD symptoms. I used to eat and then get this weird over-full feeling or feeling like phlegm was stuck in my throat and I'd cough so much I'd want to if it's nausea after eating not sure... maybe it's a certain spice!
Old 08-13-2017, 01:06 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I'm pretty sure it's something in Thai curry, as that is what I've had everytime I've felt sick. We're going to try red thai curry next time and see if the same thing happens. It's a shame as I really like it. If it's an ingredient in it maybe we can make our own?

I imagine to begin with you'll have to lie on your side or front when sleeping, but it will improve fairly quickly. My shoulder is a lot comfortable now, and mainly feels itchy. I'm leaving the bandage off from tomorrow, so hopefully they will start to dissolve. If they don't dissolve I'll have to have them removed, so I'm hoping they will dissolve and be gone in a couple of weeks.

The worst I've ever had it for sleeping, is when I was heavily pregnant and could only sleep on my side propped with pillows. After that everything seems easy.
Old 08-13-2017, 01:58 PM
Elite Fan

Hello I have been doing a lot of sleeping today.

Working hard at not getting a migraine!!!

We got rain but my husband said we only got 10 minutes of rain but hey that is better than nothing!!!

Leanne did you get much rain???

Hi Claire!!!
Old 08-13-2017, 02:06 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Karen we had rain last night for about two hours or so. Now it's sunny again and the air show is is still going this afternoon.

I had some cheddar and broccoli soup with crackers and doing laundry! Fun stuff! My arm and shoulder don't hurt as much as it has before which I'm thankful about.

Claire, it could be an ingredient, I should look up what that soup's ingredients are and it's probably something that can cause some people a reaction!

I like how my cat isn't a freak out type. There was just loud jet sounds overhead and I could se him sitting and lying in front of me thinking about whether it was worth hiding over.. but he just decided to lay his head back down and chill. Not like my previous car who hid over everything possibly nerve wracking!
Old 08-13-2017, 02:07 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Off Topic

Hi bunnies We got over 6 inches of rain last night so crazy flooding here.
Old 08-13-2017, 02:14 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Wow, Carol! That's a lot of Rain!

And Claire, I think you might just be sensitive to MSG. Think bout how when you feel sick, you've eaten take out food that are Asian recipes, Chinese food and Thai curry soup. And MSG is used a lot in Asian restaurant dishes. I looked it up n Google and this is what I'm deducing for you . Maybe the amount in Asian restaurants are too much for you. I bet if you made Asian foods at home, you wouldn't feel sick after eating the same thing in take out form.
Old 08-13-2017, 02:23 PM
Elite Fan

feels like my migraine isn't fully developing.....it is fading away!!!
Old 08-13-2017, 02:26 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Maybe you're right Leanne. My husband suggested getting some and seeing if I react to it.

Glad to hear you're doing so much better, Karen!

That's a lot of rain, Carol!

Right I'm off to bed! I'll catch up with you all when I get back from Wales!
Old 08-13-2017, 02:30 PM
Elite Fan

Claire: Lots of people react from MSG and most places don't use MSG unless requested to do so!!! That is written in the menus!!! At least in the US these days!!!

Have a wonderful sleep!!! And wonderful Holiday with family!!!
Old 08-13-2017, 02:52 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Have fun in Wales, Claire, lucky you!! Have a good holiday!

I still just doing my Sunday afternoon stuff! Should take a caffeine pill for some extra energy, hopefully.