Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Tags Thread Tools
Old 07-11-2017, 10:50 AM
Fan Forum Star

^ do you wear sunnies?
Old 07-11-2017, 10:53 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I definitely have wrinkles!
I'm not much into creams though as the marketing on things make them very expensive regardless of what is in them.

Sunglasses are definitely needed for you then Leanne! And yes you'll have to be careful in the pool. Is it all set up now?

What are sunnies?
Old 07-11-2017, 10:55 AM
Fan Forum Star

What do you wear as sun protection then if you don't wear sun screen?

I wear sunnies even in the rain White clouds kill my eyes off.

^that's what i asked, sunnies are sunglasses
Old 07-11-2017, 11:01 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Yes, Mel and Jade, I wear sunglasses for sure. I take them off sometimes and then ask, how is everyone else not squinting in this bright daylight? and yes, sun or rain, it's too bright my eyes just relax more with my sunglasses on.
If I look like some diva, or unabomber, whatever

I don't like wearing sunscreen cause it feels gross and smells weird, so I just rarely go out for long in the sun.

Mel, my pool is set up, but I can't put the pool cover on it without two people and I'm home alone for a week so I'll have to wait unless I want bugs, leaves and junk ending up in my pool. My pool is in the sunlight all day and it looks like it will make the pool water feel pleasantly warm by the evening when I'd use it. How nice to look forward to.
Old 07-11-2017, 11:06 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Glad to hear about the pool, Leanne. My son comes up in a rash wearing most sunscreen products so we have to use one without any perfume or colours in. It's good for my skin too.
Old 07-11-2017, 11:08 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babybuttoneyes (View Post)
Yes, Mel and Jade, I wear sunglasses for sure. I take them off sometimes and then ask, how is everyone else not squinting in this bright daylight? and yes, sun or rain, it's too bright my eyes just relax more with my sunglasses on.
If I look like some diva, or unabomber, whatever

I don't like wearing sunscreen cause it feels gross and smells weird, so I just rarely go out for long in the sun.

Mel, my pool is set up, but I can't put the pool cover on it without two people and I'm home alone for a week so I'll have to wait unless I want bugs, leaves and junk ending up in my pool. My pool is in the sunlight all day and it looks like it will make the pool water feel pleasantly warm by the evening when I'd use it. How nice to look forward to.
I wear sunnies that make everything look better. For some reason when it's dull out the sky looks amazing blue. So i walk around like it's summer-ish weather and it's really not I must look stupid
Old 07-11-2017, 11:14 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Once it was a rainy day and I was going to public event with parents and I was in the backseat about to go out with my sun glasses on and my jacket hood over my head and my dad turned around to look at me and said "uh'uh, you're not going out like that!" I'm like what?! Then I realised how weird I'd actually look, the unabomber, so I have to put my hood off.

Somehow my sunglasses makes colour more colourful. I have to wear prescription sunglasses cause I wear glasses all the time anyway.
Old 07-11-2017, 11:17 AM
Fan Forum Star

I'm meant to wear glasses all the time, but don't
Old 07-11-2017, 11:19 AM
Fan Forum Hero

If I don't wear glasses all the time, I literally cannot see. Everything is blurry, right now I'm in bed and my glasses aren't on my iPad right now is so close to my face to see it clearly. So I have no choice
Old 07-11-2017, 11:22 AM
Elite Fan

Hello friends!!!

I don't like wearing sunscreen either. I do however like the smell/scent of Coppertone Suntan lotion/sunscreen. The original scent and when it goes on light and feels like it is well absorbed in the skin. As a teenager in the 1970's, it was common for girls to put baby oil on!!! That was way before there was any concern about getting too many sunburns and later in life getting skin cancer.
Old 07-11-2017, 11:27 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I don't like wearing it but I do. It's better than burnt.
Old 07-11-2017, 11:27 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Well, the ozone layer didn't have a huge hole like now back in the 70's either. Once my parents took me to the beach as a baby and I got so horribly sunburned, that's when they learned to be careful with me in the sun.

I remember when I was a teenager it was the fashion to be tanned but I never did it and got comments, but look whose laughing now, my skin looks as good as my 20s still so maybe that's the fountain of youth.., minimal sun rays.
Old 07-11-2017, 11:35 AM
Elite Fan

Yes, and I look so much younger than my high school friends because of not exposing my face too much in the sun since 1980 in the Spring and Summer months. I don't have the usual facial wrinkles for a woman almost 60. It has helped that I wear a hat that covers my face or turn so my back is getting the heat of the sun when outside any length of time. If I am trying to get some sun, I am out just 10 to 15 minutes at a time. I set a timer or listen to a certain amount of songs.
Old 07-11-2017, 11:41 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Yes. Stay out of sun and drink water!

So I probably should go and get ready for the day, I have to eat, go pick up a library book, coffee run, check out the local airport for the Local Supergirl tv show filming views

So far, I've been good at distracting myself but I'm warning ya'll, depending on the day on I may just be in a mood. I'll try not to lose it like a 15 yr old tho.

Seems thread is great at feeling better tho
Old 07-11-2017, 11:58 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meliana (View Post)
I don't like wearing it but I do. It's better than burnt.
Fight that skin cancer