Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Tags Thread Tools
Old 06-05-2017, 02:06 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThereYoullBe (View Post)
Karen that definitely sounds hard, the accident. Your surgery is coming up really fast. I know you'll be glad to be started.

Mel I will definitely try to find The Truman show.

I sure hope the Dr's get things sorted out with your son, and sending him get well wishes.

That mac and cheese sounds yummy. I'm going to have to come to y'all for recipes because I haven't cooked much in so long.

Leanne Sleep well and sweet dreams!

I'm up-napped till 10pm, and then slept from 11pm till 3am, so plenty of actual, solid sleep for me last night.
I am still up!!! I just re-set from 8 AM to 11 AM. NEED to have lights out by 2:30 AM...in about 24 minutes!!!
Old 06-05-2017, 02:22 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Goodnight Karen and sleep well! I hope you get some restful sleep, and fall asleep easily.

Kim
Old 06-05-2017, 03:17 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Good plan on the foam board. It's easy enough to put holes in the wall, not so easy to remove them!

It's very breezy here, today. I'm having to keep the doors shut so my son doesn't get too cold. I'm keeping one slightly open so the cats can go in and out. Still when they have their GPS collars, we can unlock the cat flap again...

Hope you're sleeping Karen!
Old 06-05-2017, 03:57 AM
Elite Fan

Still awake!!! After a MUCH NEEDED "toilet break", I spent the time "Spring Cleaning"(In early June ) Emptied the dishwasher as slowly and quietly as I could.

I better begin to slow...my brain down and stop typing/posting!!! Don't want to regret my late posting later in the day when I NEED to be awake and I don't want to open my eyes!!!

Don't want my Dr friend to see/hear me being all crabby either...
Old 06-05-2017, 04:04 AM
Fan Forum Star

So stressed. It's impossible to find a job, even with a university degree.
Old 06-05-2017, 04:18 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Jade Been there. Having a degree doesn't mean you get a job immediately I'm afraid. I ended up doing some voluntary work after I graduated, not even in anything I was interested in doing, and kept trying over and over. Eventually you hit on the best CV/cover letter, and start getting interviews. After that I ended up in a job I thought was a bit below what a graduate should be doing, but it ended up being a spring board to other opportunities. I'm afraid at this time, you have to just keep applying and trying and going for anything you think you might be interested in. It's easier to get a job when you've had experience or are in a job already. Try to not get discouraged! You will get there!

Karen!
Old 06-05-2017, 04:20 AM
Fan Forum Star

I've been applying since the start of my third year and nothing. I can't even get into small retail companies and retail isn't even something along the lines of my degree
Old 06-05-2017, 04:25 AM
Fan Forum Hero

What kind of sector are you after? Also how much work experience do you have? Seriously consider voluntary work. I did beach repair in Wales and worked for the RSPB in Norfolk.

Unfortunately there is serious competition for jobs. Look at experience you have and describe the skills you've gained from it and think about how they apply to the job you're applying for.
Old 06-05-2017, 04:30 AM
Fan Forum Star

I have a English and Film Degree. So anything in writing or editing I am looking for. Even if it's just working for a website writing articles.

I have experience with children ages 3-11 (i've worked in a nursery for 6 months and a primary school for 5), Sainsbury's bakery, Halfords (I built bikes and customer assistance) and worked in 3 retail stores. All experience I've gained from aged 17-24. They were all temporary jobs though and i just kept trying to aim for as many sectors as i could to gain experience in more areas. It hasn't gotten me anywhere though.
Old 06-05-2017, 04:38 AM
Fan Forum Hero

So you want a job in anything until you work towards your dream job? I'm not sure what apprenticeships there are, but look into that. Have you tried job agencies?

My lodger friend who lives here has a small business, in which she will read someone's CV and rewrite it for them. She does charge, though.

It's hard to write positively about yourself, but just take the skills you've gained like customer service, conscienceness etc, and target the parts of a job description which relate to those skills.

As for the writing thing, put yourself out there, write stuff to people/companies which you think might be interested even if there is no job advertised. Put links to stuff you've written.
Old 06-05-2017, 04:42 AM
Fan Forum Star

I was told you can't have an apprenticeship at 24 especially if i've been to university. I've been looking at access courses.

I can't go to the job centre until September. I am using their website still to apply for jobs daily though. Just skint until I can get a job though.

I've a good CV and Cover Letter template. It's something they help you with at college and university.
Old 06-05-2017, 04:47 AM
Fan Forum Hero

So you can't sign on? That sucks.

Have you looked at job agencies? They usually have temporary positions but there maybe something there to keep you going.
Old 06-05-2017, 04:48 AM
Fan Forum Star

What's a job agency, i though the job centre was a job agency?
Old 06-05-2017, 04:50 AM
Fan Forum Hero

It a company which has links to companies who need workers. They would take you on their books and try and find you a suitable position in a job.

Edit: Also look for local websites which advertise job vacancies and allow you to put your job profile on. There's one near here that I'm on.
Old 06-05-2017, 04:53 AM
Fan Forum Star

Luke's brother runs an employment agency, but it's mainly for electricians. Is that the same thing, but I'd have to find a general employment company? (obviously i know nothing about being a spark )