Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Old 02-06-2004, 03:15 AM
Passionate Fan

Fire Alarms Suck, Especially at 4AM!

Not that I was sleeping, but still! Of course in college you hear the fire alarm and you automatically assume it's a fale alarm, only this time there was smoke. But couldn't have been anything bad considering they let us back in here already. Either way there's no way I'm going to sleep now. Damn.

[ 02-06-2004: Message edited AmerEagle11 ]
mh67511 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2004, 03:50 AM
Fan Forum Star

That is a big reason why i won`t stay in a dorm. What type of person would activate the fire alarm? [img]smilies/nono.gif[/img]
Old 02-06-2004, 04:50 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Hot Rod:
<STRONG>That is a big reason why i won`t stay in a dorm. What type of person would activate the fire alarm? [img]smilies/nono.gif[/img]</STRONG>
[img]smilies/blush.gif[/img] I wonder what type of person would hehe

[ 02-06-2004: Message edited mononoke_hime ]
Old 02-06-2004, 05:38 PM
Master Fan

Well, it happens in regular apartment buildings too and not just dorms because my friend had a few fire alarms go off where he lives...
Charlize'sAngel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2004, 07:17 PM
Absolute Fan

Ugh. I hate this. My dorm actually has a 24 hour diner attached to it and anytime they burn something, our alarm goes off. We have like 20 a semester. We pretty much just ignore them; we're all gonna die if there's ever a real fire.
Old 02-06-2004, 11:31 PM
Elite Fan

Fire alarms do suck man. I usually take showers late at night (or early in the morning, whatever) since that's pretty much the only time the showers are open. Well, just a few weeks ago someone set the elevator on fire, so we had to evacuate. Campus Safety wouldn't let me go to my room to change, so I had to walk out with my towel on in the freezing cold. Not fun.

Join the John Mayer campaign!
**SuperGirl** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2004, 03:32 AM
Master Fan

Rawr. So, let me tell you about something worse than a fire alarm in a dorm going off at 4 in the morning.

We have an electric smoke detector in our house, which means no batteries to replace or take out. So, all of a sudden it starts going crazy. Just randomly buzzing loud enough to drive me crazy. Some days it would go for 5 seconds and stop, other days it would go for at least ahalf an hour before we could get it to shut up. Finally, one night it just goes freaking berzerk, and at 2 in the morning just starts going and will. not. stop. I sat in bed with my head covered for a while trying to just ignore it hoping it would go off, because it did stop for about 5 minute intervals, but around 3:30, it just starts going and did not stop until I just finally got so sick of it I ripped it off of the wall.

heh. with my mom's permission of course. she was about to do the same thing, but I'm more effective that way.

Today we had a fire drill at school and I had on birkenstocks....and it was cold, wet, rainy, and a little muddy. My feet were cold. Very cold.
Samantha #121
sick little jag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2004, 09:56 AM
Master Fan

Ours usually go off @ 2am, but we only have to pass the damn test ONCE and they never do it again for the whole year!!!

Except someone tripped it a few weeks ago, but it was @ 9pm, so I don't think people really cared as much.

Death to 2am fire drills! DEATH, I say!!!
Spooky Spice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 12:41 PM
Master Fan

We have those school fire alarms, built into our apartments....they are so loud. And they used to go off all the time, but they haven't gone off in awhile *knock on wood*
Old 10-10-2008, 12:50 PM
Elite Fan

Luckily the fire alarms in my dorm have only gone off once while I was here and it was at 4 in the afternoon, so I just grabbed my keys and went to do my grocery shopping while everyone had to stand in the parking lot.

*Stephanie
anything but simple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 12:54 PM
Master Fan

One of the first times that it went off when I moved in here. I had to take my baby girl out in the freezing cold of winter. Because back then I actually evacuated when it went off.
Now I just open the window and smell and look for fire
Old 10-15-2008, 12:22 AM
Obsessed Fan

I used to hate when fire alarms would go off at college in the middle of the night.
Old 10-19-2008, 02:00 AM
Elite Fan

The fire alarms went off here at 4am today It wasn't a drill either. I was asleep and I heard the alarm go off, so I got up and looked out my door to see if anyone in my hallway was going out and the entire hallway was filled with smoke so I started flipping out. I grabbed my wallet and glasses and ran down the stairs (forgetting that I was still wearing my pajamas which consist of really short shorts, a t-shirt and a really thin victoria's secret hoodie so I am now a popsicle) and stood out in the freezing cold for almost an hour while the firefighters were inside.

*Stephanie
anything but simple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2008, 03:08 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Off Topic

Quote:
Originally Posted by tutorgirl323 (View Post)
The fire alarms went off here at 4am today It wasn't a drill either. I was asleep and I heard the alarm go off, so I got up and looked out my door to see if anyone in my hallway was going out and the entire hallway was filled with smoke so I started flipping out. I grabbed my wallet and glasses and ran down the stairs (forgetting that I was still wearing my pajamas which consist of really short shorts, a t-shirt and a really thin victoria's secret hoodie so I am now a popsicle) and stood out in the freezing cold for almost an hour while the firefighters were inside.
Oh no! Was the fire bad? Was much destroyed? Was anyone hurt?
Old 10-19-2008, 03:24 PM
Moderator Support Team

It's even worse when this happens on a cold snowy day.
Quarterley is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply   Post New Thread