Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Old 02-05-2004, 08:30 AM
Obsessed Fan

cutting of hair.

my hair is currently about an inch below my armpits. i am thinking about cutting it just above my shoulders tomorrow. i'm one of those people who have a biggish face...a la kirsten dunst. i've had it short before and it's been fine...but i don't know if i should take the plunge - ie. face shapes changing, looks being different etc. if it is shorter i can do more with it colour wise - its getting too expensive to colour it at this lengh. also, i'm using far too much conditioner and its thick and fine so it has a lot of maitence. but then again, i kind of like having long hair because i can plait it, and put it in a huge messy bun and so on and so forth. so i am at an impass.

heeeeeeeeelp me.
Old 02-05-2004, 08:42 AM
Addicted Fan

I went from having really long hair down to my waist, to short hair just below my ears. and i was nervous about taking the risk and maybe finding out i did not like it.

But it definately turned out for the best!

I say, take a risk! i am sure you'll love it.

[ 02-05-2004: Message edited + - ReD - + ]

Mickey-: What's a horse doing on a spaceship?
The Doctor- Mickey, what's Pre-Revolutionary France doing on a spaceship? Get a little perspective!

}--- 127 --->>

Icon Credit
+ - ReD - + is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2004, 10:34 AM
Ultimate Fan

I say "take a risk".

I used to love my long hair when I was 17. Then I decided to cut it and loved it so much I never let my hair grow that long. I have short hair since then.
Old 02-05-2004, 10:49 AM
Dedicated Fan

I think you should keep it long, especially if you have a rather big face. Your face will look rounder with shorter hair, and long hair is so much more feminine. That's my take on it. Actually I never had the guts to cut my hair short coz I'm too much of a wimp. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]
Old 02-05-2004, 11:55 AM
Elite Fan

Yeah, go for it.

I have longish hair now, only cuz I don't know what i want to do with it. It's winter, so i don't care too much.
Old 02-05-2004, 12:06 PM
Moderator Support Team

Quote:
Originally posted by General Jiang Wei:
<STRONG>I have longish hair now, only cuz I don't know what i want to do with it. It's winter, so i don't care too much.</STRONG>
[img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] Same here.

Monroe, just go for it. If you have a biggish face, then just make sure your hair still passes your chin after you cut it. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
Quarterley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2004, 01:21 PM
Master Fan

I think that it's always good to go for a change. I can totally relate too, because about 4 months ago I did pretty much the same thing. My hair was down past my...boobs...ahem, and I did this sort of hybrid pixie/bob thing where the front of my hair was around my chin by everything else was short. I love it. It's much easier to take care of maintenance wise and Definitely would take less time to dye, wash, style, etc. I think if you get sick of having to deal with the burdens of long hair you should definitely go for a cut. It's fun and it's only hair. It grows out if you don't like it.
Samantha #121
sick little jag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2004, 01:58 PM
May
Master Fan

I remember you from your pics- go to someone who is a pro at it, so they can match a cut to your face.

I have a chubby face (I am all chubby), and with long hair it makes me look much chubbier. But my hair is kind of wavy, and I have a layered cut, which slims my face and make it look much nicer.

I think layered would look well on you, but not very long layered, nor short. As in the first layer starting around the cheek.

Tell how it goes. Went. Whatever. :-)
Old 02-05-2004, 02:55 PM
Fan Forum Star

I would cut it right now. My hair was that long when i was 3.
icon: xthebesthing
*Kaylee* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2004, 03:57 PM
Master Fan

I recently got my hair chopped off. I was slightly unnerved at first; cutting hair can be traumatic. It looks good, though, and the best part is the low-maintenance.

Since you like to pull your hair up, I'd sugget getting a few inches cut off, say just below your chin or grazing your shoulders. Layers would be great too.

Drunk Girl
47th & 9th
AuburnGrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2004, 04:11 PM
Master Fan

I'm sort of having the same problem. My hair isn't super long yet, but I can reach behind my back and touch my hair with no problem.. And I can't make up my mind whether I want to cut it or not. My hair is naturally wavy/curly and it is bouncier when shorter, also easier to deal with.. so I can't make up my mind if I want to cut it or not cause it has been annoying me lately. *sigh*

But I've had short hair before. I usually let it get long then cut it again.. so if you want to cut it go for it. Short hair is so easy to deal with. Even if at first you think it makes your face look too wide there are always different ways of styling it.

Do whatever you feel most comfortable with. Though at first when you cut it after having it long for so long it will be a shock. [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]

What kind of style do you have in mind?

"What we've got here is...failure to communicate"
Galaxia21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2004, 05:59 PM
Extreme Fan

Do, it do it do it [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]!

I took the plunge just over a week ago and my hair is so much better! It was about the length yours is and now just rests on the tops of my shoulders. It is so much easier to deal with. I was just getting sick of my hair and having to put it up all the time, but now it's no hassle at all having it down. My hair is very thick though so it looks even thicker shorter!

I got a few layers the shortest just at about chin level so it doesn't look boring and has some shape to it. It looked great when I first got it down, but I am so lazy it looks lame now as it's half clipped back!

Every now and then I fall apart
Elegantly Wasted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2004, 06:19 PM
Obsessed Fan

I say cut it a little like just on you're shoulder's or bellow them. Then have some cool layers cut into it around the back and at the front. It will be a diffrent style, a little shorter and you'll still be able to tie it up in a bun and a plat.
Old 02-05-2004, 06:36 PM
New Fan

I say go for it! About 6 months ago, my hair was about halfway down my back, no bangs, no layers. I love my hair but I was in need of a change. so I took a pair of scissors and gave myself bangs and layers. At first it looked weird but after about a week it evened itself out and looked really great. Since then I have put choppy layes in and had the whole thing done professionally, and I LOVE my hair, its so me. I think if you want a change go for it. Hair grows.
To scare myself with my own desert places.
86MANDA86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2004, 06:44 PM
Master Fan

Hmmm, it's hard to say. Short hair makes your face seem fuller but on the other hand it takes less maintenance than long hair. Perhaps you could consult with a hairstylist to decide on which cuts are best for the shape of your face...
Charlize'sAngel is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply   Post New Thread