Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Old 08-12-2004, 12:46 PM
Banned

Can boys cry

is it ok for boys to cry?

Because i fell over in town the ova day an it shuck me up an a few tears were roling down ma face, mostly cos it shockd me an also cos it hurt an i smashed the plates id bought. So am i mard and soft cos of this or is it ok.
JoshSutherland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2004, 12:58 PM
Moderator Support Team

Uh....of course it's okay. "Boys don't cry" is a stupid idea. There is nothing wrong with crying whether you're a boy or a girl.
Quarterley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2004, 01:04 PM
Ultimate Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by quarterley
Uh....of course it's okay. "Boys don't cry" is a stupid idea. There is nothing wrong with crying whether you're a boy or a girl.
I so agree.

I'd even say that it's strange when boys don't cry.
Annush87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2004, 01:08 PM
Part-Time Fan

Only cold hearted loser jerks with no soul don't cry. Oops? Did I type that outloud?
Old 08-12-2004, 01:19 PM
Obsessed Fan

Of course boys can cry.

I think there is something sweet and touching when a guy is secure enough to show his emotions and not be affraid of the whole tough guy image protrayed. My male friends are not as willing to cry as me - I cry at everything but the only time they really cry is when something real bad is going on.

On 9/11 they all bawled like babies and what do you expect so was I as we are mostly NYC born and raised. I also see them cry over girls sometimes, they will appear at my house and just wanna cry and talk to me. Recently my cancer scare caused them tears and ya know people who say that is pathetic for guys to cry is so, so wrong. Boys are human and feel the same feelings as us girls so why not let them feelings show huh? Why is there the whole Boys shouldn't cry? Is it beacaue guys are stronger and crying is a weakness? I dunno but I thing a good cry now and then is healthy.
Old 08-12-2004, 02:06 PM
Elite Fan

I think its really cute when boys cry
Old 08-12-2004, 02:10 PM
Obsessed Fan

It's a really bad idea for a guy to cry. Don't do it. And NEVER cry in front of a girl.
When people get the opportunity to talk about the real issues, it becomes clear how vacuous the present agenda is. I have never met anyone in Vermont who thinks it's a good idea to give tax breaks to billionaires and cut back on health care and education. Nobody.-U.S. Representative Bernie Sanders
Milt Palacio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2004, 02:16 PM
Extreme Fan

Please...that's whats wrong today - poor boys being told that they "can't"
cry. Of course they can & they should...I think it makes them stronger.

Now being a whiner is totally different - but that goes for both boys & girls.

Cantbehrit
Old 08-12-2004, 02:16 PM
Master Fan

Right Cuz you're not a real man if you cry in front of a woman...that's crap.
Old 08-12-2004, 02:29 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Milt Palacio
It's a really bad idea for a guy to cry. Don't do it. And NEVER cry in front of a girl.
oh please.

Why should men not cry? It's a natural thing and sometimes it's the healthy thing to do, like Janey said. I wouldn't think less of my bf if I knew he cried over certain things, or if he cried in front of me.
Women should cry when they need to, men should cry when they need to. Dont let stupid ideas about "men have to be the strong ones! and crying is weak! and women don't like weak men!" affect you.
elisheva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2004, 02:46 PM
Obsessed Fan

Women are instantly turned off by any man they perceive as weak. That's truth. Just trying to give the guy a little advice.
When people get the opportunity to talk about the real issues, it becomes clear how vacuous the present agenda is. I have never met anyone in Vermont who thinks it's a good idea to give tax breaks to billionaires and cut back on health care and education. Nobody.-U.S. Representative Bernie Sanders
Old 08-12-2004, 02:49 PM
Ultimate Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Milt Palacio
Women are instantly turned off by any man they perceive as weak. That's truth. Just trying to give the guy a little advice.
Looks like I am different from women you know. Plus, crying doesn't tell if a guy is weak or not.
Annush87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2004, 02:49 PM
Master Fan

Then you hang around the wrong kind of women. A real woman knows that men do cry and that it's perfectly acceptable. Crying doesn't make you weak, but thinking that way does.
Old 08-12-2004, 02:55 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by CrabbyCancer69
Then you hang around the wrong kind of women. A real woman knows that men do cry and that it's perfectly acceptable. Crying doesn't make you weak, but thinking that way does.
Exactly...

Cantbehrit
Old 08-12-2004, 03:06 PM
Obsessed Fan

I don't disagree with you girls.

But society says and the vast majority of girls PERCEIVE that a man crying as a sign of weakness.
Reply   Post New Thread