Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Old 02-06-2004, 07:55 AM
Loyal Fan

Activist Letters...

I was just wondering if anyone has wrote any, and if you could give me some tips. What are some good topics to write about?(This is an assignment, by the way)and if you have, have you gotten any replies?
CherryCokeness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2004, 11:56 AM
Loyal Fan

I have writen plenty...some I've gotten replies for, some I've recieved generic replies, some no reply at all, and once a reply that had nothign to do with the topic.

I've written to senators and representatives about the following. Not that it does any great deal, I'm sure they don't even read them, but if enough of us write them, somethign has to get thtough.
::::

Women and girls' rights in Afghanistan.
Roe vs. Wade.
Gay marriage rights.
Animal protection laws.
The war in Iraq.
and others...

Good luck.
Old 02-06-2004, 01:04 PM
Elite Fan

I'd feel they do no good unless done bulkly. If there is something you feel that strongly about, and have a strong enough backing, then your silent whisper can cause a ripple in the largest of ponds, however, you say it's an assignment, threfore you probably don't have that same drive as most "Activists" So I'd say just write about something you feel passionately about, yet know enough about to make a solid grade.