Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 12-26-2010, 06:25 AM
New Fan

My piano cover for Hello

Hi! Another piano cover from me This time for "Hello", which is one of the best songs ever, in my opinion

YouTube - Evanescence — Hello (piano cover)
Old 12-28-2010, 10:19 AM
New Fan

The Evanescence Fan Cover Thread

I'm a big Evanescence fan they are in my top 5 artist in the world, ever. So I sang this the other day and tought I would share it, hope you enjoy it. BTW I just have this channel to practice my singing (just started like 3 -4 weeks ago). I would really apreciate it if you would leave me a comment or/and rate the video. I tought about doing Tourniquet today. My fav Evanescence song probably is Taking over me.

YouTube - Oliver singing Breath no more (Evanescence)

I hope this is not ocnsidered advertising since I do not make any profit of it and am not a professional musician (yet ).

Show some love for a fellow Evanescence fan =)

Evanescence 4 life
Old 12-28-2010, 11:34 AM
Master Fan

The Evanescence Fan Cover Thread

Hi Everyone

We've had some Ev fans posting their own covers of Ev songs on the board so I think this thread is a good idea - cheers Larry

This is where you can post fan covers of Ev songs - either by yourself or any other good ones you find on youtube or wherever
Live. And Die. On This Day.
Old 12-28-2010, 07:16 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oliverpractice (View Post)
I'm a big Evanescence fan they are in my top 5 artist in the world, ever. So I sang this the other day and tought I would share it, hope you enjoy it. BTW I just have this channel to practice my singing (just started like 3 -4 weeks ago). I would really apreciate it if you would leave me a comment or/and rate the video. I tought about doing Tourniquet today. My fav Evanescence song probably is Taking over me.

YouTube - Oliver singing Breath no more (Evanescence)

I hope this is not ocnsidered advertising since I do not make any profit of it and am not a professional musician (yet ).

Show some love for a fellow Evanescence fan =)

Evanescence 4 life
Oliver, you really would be better off putting your covers on YouTube...I do it and get loads of comments...not much of an audience on this board! Same for you Shedal!
Old 12-29-2010, 07:49 AM
New Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shedal (View Post)
Hi! Another piano cover from me This time for "Hello", which is one of the best songs ever, in my opinion

YouTube - Evanescence — Hello (piano cover)
I have 7 videos on youtube but just about 150 views on average so I wanted to do some more promotion here. How do you get many views what do you do ? I guess singing songs that are new and good instead of songs that already have hundreds of covers and being exceptionally good whcih I'm not yet. Give me some advice ?
Old 12-29-2010, 07:26 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oliverpractice (View Post)
I have 7 videos on youtube but just about 150 views on average so I wanted to do some more promotion here. How do you get many views what do you do ? I guess singing songs that are new and good instead of songs that already have hundreds of covers and being exceptionally good whcih I'm not yet. Give me some advice ?
Yes, I sing songs that are under the radar for sure - things like "October" and "Before the Dawn" and stuff from Garbage, IAMX, Peter Gabriel and Portishead. Stay away from the singles and big hits - those have so many covers. Also, you can promote yourself on YT by sending out your songs to possible subscribers and subscribers...I don't do that because i really don't care about the amount of hits i get...just do it for fun! You would get a lot more action if you put your vids on Facebook and MySpace also!

Last edited by AncientGoth; 08-05-2012 at 10:23 PM
Old 12-30-2010, 10:54 AM
New Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by AncientGoth (View Post)
Yes, I sing songs that are under the radar for sure - things like "October" and "Before the Dawn" and stuff from Gabage, IAMX, Peter Gabriel and Portishead. Stay away from the singles and big hits - those have so many covers. Also, you can promote yourself on YT by sending out your songs to possible subscribers and subscribers...I don't do that because i really don't care about the amount of hits i get...just do it for fun! You would get a lot more action if you put your vids on Facebook and MySpace also!
Thnx for the advice, I have put 3 songs on face but don't want to become a spammer so it's enough. Anyways I do it all for fun and the practice not for promotion yet.

Here is my new video Tourniquet

YouTube - Oliver singing Tourniquet

Could have sung it better cause my voice was already tired as I practiced that morning and didn't know that we would film in the evening but it's not awfull so I put it up anyways, gotta practice. Thanks again
Old 12-31-2010, 04:51 PM
Master Fan

Hi Oliver

I'm Steve, good to meet you - I've watched both your videos.

Welcome to the board - if you're interested in posting regularly and being part of the community here, introduce yourself on the Intro thread. We're all Ev fans here and I can tell you love them too
Live. And Die. On This Day.
Old 01-01-2011, 07:32 AM
New Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by StartSomething (View Post)
Hi Oliver

I'm Steve, good to meet you - I've watched both your videos.

Welcome to the board - if you're interested in posting regularly and being part of the community here, introduce yourself on the Intro thread. We're all Ev fans here and I can tell you love them too
I am going to be polite and introduce myself but I will not post a lot because of past bad experiences with internet forums. I used to post regulary on sherdog ("cage fighting forum") and I noticed isolation and decreased social skills as negative side effect. If it works for you guys and you can maintain a good socail life and post great but as of now it doesn't work for me at all. Anyways if I sing Evanescence again I'll post it. However if any of you guys happen to visit Croatia or Bosnia and Herzegovina you can give me a shout out and we might meet and talk about Evanescence a bit. Altough that seems like a weird thing to say since we are strangers to each otehr but who cares nothing bad is going to happen unless you are a psycho killer or something lol. Well that's kinda scary. Anyways rock on and there is not point now in my post sorry.